|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rinthy see as she sits on the side of a road?
(a) A minister.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The tinker.
2. How does Culla know there are men on the riverbank to help him?
(a) He sees tethered horses.
(b) He sees a campfire.
(c) He can see the glow from their cigars.
(d) He smells food cooking.
3. Why does Rinthy sleep near the campfire?
(a) She is frightened of the dark.
(b) She is very cold.
(c) She waits for someone to return.
(d) She hopes the fire will keep animals away.
4. What does the tinker tell Rinthy that she will have to pay for?
(a) The nurse's fees for care of the baby.
(b) Her secret.
(c) The food she ate.
(d) A new coat.
5. Who enters the old man's house at night?
(a) His son.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Three men.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Culla find Clark to collect his money?
2. How is Culla awakened the next morning?
3. How many miles is it to the next town?
4. What is the name of the business owned by the man who gives Culla a job?
5. Why does the ferry lunge out of control?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)