|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Culla have dinner and stay the night?
(a) The woods.
(b) A bed and breakfast.
(c) The squire's home.
(d) A friend's house.
2. What reason does Culla's sister give for looking for the person/item in #68?
(a) He has something that belongs to her.
(b) She needs money.
(c) She misses him.
(d) She is depressed.
3. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The squire's.
(b) The blacksmith's.
(c) The grocer's.
(d) The postmaster's.
4. Who does the squire decide to track down the next morning?
(b) His brother.
(c) His runaway son.
(d) An escaped criminal.
5. What does the unnamed man do with the newborn child?
(a) Leaves it in the woods.
(b) Takes him to a clinic.
(c) Feeds him a bottle.
(d) Cleans him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Culla earn for the job he performs?
2. Why is the unnamed man hiding the fact that the woman is pregnant?
3. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
4. In what part of his body does Culla sustain superficial gunshot wounds?
5. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the tinker and the woman at his store decide to do with the baby?
2. Why does the squire decide to go after Culla the next morning?
3. What happens to the good boots that Culla is wearing?
4. Who does Rinthy go in search of in the town she travels to with the family?
5. Describe how Rinthy's quest to find her baby is progressing.
6. Describe the kind old man who Culla encounters on his journey.
7. What are the two reasons Culla is plagued by guilt?
8. Who are the three men who rescue Culla on the riverbank?
9. What is the condition of the man's sister inside the cabin?
10. How does the tinker react when he learns that the baby was a product of incest?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)