|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Culla go to town?
(a) To mail a letter.
(b) To go to church.
(c) To work at the lumberyard.
(d) To get food.
2. What does the unnamed man tell a vendor to get rid of him?
(a) He will set his dogs on him.
(b) The house is quarantined.
(c) He has a shotgun.
(d) He will call the police.
3. What does Culla see as he pulls the ladder up to the barn to work?
(a) A wasps' nest.
(b) A beautiful sunrise.
(c) A dead cow.
(d) Men storming toward him.
4. Who or what does the unnamed man refuse to get for the woman in labor?
5. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
(a) Another day.
(b) Not much longer.
(c) A week.
(d) A couple days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the vendor take the person in #24?
2. How much will Culla be paid for the job in #79?
3. What job does a farmer offer to Culla?
4. What job does Culla perform for the person in #52?
5. What drives the unnamed man to retrieve the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rinthy's experience after she steals some turnips from a farmer.
2. Describe how Rinthy's quest to find her baby is progressing.
3. What does the tinker find when he is trying to get out of the woods?
4. How precarious is the fate of the baby at the time that the tinker finds him?
5. How does the tinker react when he learns that the baby was a product of incest?
6. Who is Clark and what job does he offer to Culla?
7. In what way do Culla and the blind man share a similar destiny?
8. What happens to the good boots that Culla is wearing?
9. What does the tinker do when he first finds the baby?
10. How does Rinthy finally encounter the tinker and why does he question her about the baby?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)