|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of the abandoned baby?
(a) He will survive.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is maimed.
2. What does the unnamed man dream as the story begins?
(a) He sees the end of the world.
(b) He is walking down a long road.
(c) He is asking God to heal him.
(d) He sees his dead mother.
3. What drives the unnamed man to retrieve the baby?
4. Why does the unnamed man struggle on his way back to the cabin?
(a) He is not familiar with the area.
(b) It is very dark.
(c) There is a blizzard.
(d) It is raining hard.
5. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The squire's.
(b) The blacksmith's.
(c) The postmaster's.
(d) The grocer's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rinthy meets a woman who had __________ dead children.
2. What is the squire's name?
3. Who does Culla tell his sister not to talk to while he is gone?
4. What does Rinthy receive from strangers on her quest to find her baby?
5. Who is the dead man laying in a wagon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the family that Rinthy meets after she has been walking for awhile.
2. What job is Culla doing when he sees angry men headed toward him?
3. Who provides Culla with a small job and what other kindness does he show Culla?
4. What are the two reasons Culla is plagued by guilt?
5. Describe Rinthy's experience after she steals some turnips from a farmer.
6. What reason does Culla give the old man for why he needs to move on?
7. How does Culla complete the grave-digging job and where does he sleep for the night?
8. Where does Culla hope to go after leaving the old man's cabin?
9. How does McCarthy introduce Culla and what are the circumstances of him and his sister?
10. What bad luck plaques Culla regarding the herd of pigs and how does he escape a lynching?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)