|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Culla tells his sister that her baby is ________________.
(a) at an orphanage.
(b) in the hospital.
(c) buried in the ground.
(d) at a convent.
2. What does Culla buy for breakfast?
(b) Cheese and crackers.
3. Who is most surprised by who the vendor has brought?
(a) His son.
(b) A doctor.
(c) His wife.
(d) The minister.
4. What job does a farmer offer to Culla?
(a) Baling hay.
(b) Plowing his field.
(c) Painting his barn roof.
(d) Building a barn.
5. On what day of the week does Culla go to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Culla buy for breakfast?
2. Why does Culla become angry at his sister?
3. What food does Rinthy steal from a garden?
4. What food is turning green from mold?
5. What is Culla's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of the baby when Culla finally encounters him?
2. What job is Culla doing when he sees angry men headed toward him?
3. How does McCarthy introduce Culla and what are the circumstances of him and his sister?
4. How does Culla elude the angry men?
5. What fact will be unknown to the brother or his sister who delivered the baby?
6. What do the tinker and the woman at his store decide to do with the baby?
7. Why does the brother refuse to get a midwife for his sister?
8. What does Rinthy realize about Culla and what information does she learn about him at the general store in town?
9. What sentence does Culla receive from the man and what unusual request does Culla end up making of the man?
10. What are the two reasons Culla is plagued by guilt?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)