|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Culla?
(a) The brother of the girl who gave birth.
(b) The town's postmaster.
(c) The minister.
(d) The tinker.
2. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The grocer's.
(b) The blacksmith's.
(c) The squire's.
(d) The postmaster's.
3. What is the condition of Culla's sister when he returns home?
(a) She is reading a book.
(b) She is weak and in pain.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is fixing dinner.
4. Where does Culla's sister find out information about him?
(a) At the Post Office.
(b) From the tinker.
(c) At church.
(d) At the General Store.
5. What does Culla notice in a wagon in town?
(a) Barrels of whiskey.
(b) Tobacco leaves.
(c) Decomposing bodies.
(d) Bags of flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Culla prepare for his sister?
2. Culla's sister tells the family in the house that she is looking for ______________.
3. What does Culla do while his sister sleeps?
4. What is the reaction of the woman at the store when the baby is brought there?
5. What does Culla's sister realize about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the kind old man who Culla encounters on his journey.
2. What reason does Culla give the old man for why he needs to move on?
3. How does Culla get rescued when the ferryboat runs out of control?
4. How does McCarthy introduce Culla and what are the circumstances of him and his sister?
5. What medical help does the doctor provide to Rinthy?
6. Why is Culla forced to walk to another cabin at gunpoint?
7. What does Culla do before going to the store again and what admonition does he give his sister before leaving?
8. How does Culla elude the angry men?
9. Where does Culla hope to go after leaving the old man's cabin?
10. Why does the brother refuse to get a midwife for his sister?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)