|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the drivers decide to do to Culla in retribution for the lost driver and lost pigs?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Take him to jail.
(c) Make him pay for them.
(d) Kill him.
2. Who or what do the drivers blame for spooking the herd of pigs?
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) Wild horses.
3. What is the town across the river?
4. What job is Culla offered?
(a) Digging two graves.
(b) Cutting firewood.
(c) Cooking for miners.
(d) Shoeing two horses.
5. Who is the driver who stops to chat with Culla?
6. What kind of building does Culla come upon in the woods?
7. How many hanged men does Culla see the next morning?
8. What does Rinthy first tell the doctor about her baby?
(a) He is with relatives.
(b) He died.
(c) He is at an orphanage.
(d) He was adopted.
9. How does the tinker tell Rinthy he came upon the baby?
(a) The baby was left on his porch.
(b) He saw him at an orphanage.
(c) He found him in the woods.
(d) He bought him.
10. Who does Rinthy see as she sits on the side of a road?
(a) A minister.
(b) The tinker.
(c) The sheriff.
11. What is the medical concern about Rinthy's breasts?
(a) They have tumors.
(b) They are shrinking.
(c) They are uneven.
(d) They are swollen and bleeding.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about the boots that Culla is forced to wear?
13. What does Rinthy tell the doctor about her marital status?
(a) She is single.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) She is divorced.
14. Who does Rinthy ask for when she reaches a town?
(b) The doctor.
(c) The minister.
(d) A midwife.
15. Why does the tinker tell Rinthy that she does not deserve the baby?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) Because she doesn't have a job.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she abandoned it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bearded man says that Culla had the tinker _________________.
2. What hangs on the walls of the old cabin?
3. Who does Rinthy tell the tinker is the father of her baby?
4. What is notable about the person/people in #98?
5. How many miles is it to the next town?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)