|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares an office building with a lawyer?
(a) Newspaper editor.
2. Who dies in the stampede of pigs?
(c) Billy's brother.
3. Where does Culla find a place for some respite in his travels?
(a) A church.
(b) An abandoned cabin.
(c) A beach house.
(d) A friend's home.
4. What is notable about the person/people in #98?
(a) She is knitting.
(b) He has a beard.
(c) They are shooting squirrels.
(d) They are newly married.
5. Why is Culla on the riverbank?
(a) Waiting for a ferry.
(b) Watching a sunset.
(c) Talking to a trapper.
6. Who does Culla encounter years later?
(b) The tinker.
(c) A blind man.
(d) The bearded man.
7. Who is the man who offers Culla a job?
8. Where does Culla sleep after completing his job?
(a) A hayrick.
(b) A church.
(c) An abandoned cabin.
(d) The woods.
9. Who does Culla see in Clark's store?
(a) No one.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Old Man Salter.
10. Who does Rinthy tell the tinker is the father of her baby?
(b) A teacher.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) A neighbor boy.
11. What job is Culla offered?
(a) Cutting firewood.
(b) Cooking for miners.
(c) Digging two graves.
(d) Shoeing two horses.
12. How old is Rinthy's baby at this point in time?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Less than six months.
(d) Two months.
13. How does the bearded man kill the baby?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Slits his throat.
(c) Hangs him.
(d) Slams him against a tree.
14. What does Rinthy not realize as she sleeps by the campfire?
(a) She has found her child.
(b) She doesn't have long to live.
(c) She will soon find her child.
(d) She will have another child.
15. How many miles is it to the next town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/What does Rinthy find at a campfire?
2. Why does the ferry lunge out of control?
3. What does Rinthy tell the doctor about her marital status?
4. Who does Rinthy see as she sits on the side of a road?
5. How does the person in #177 get what he wants?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)