|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
(a) A couple days.
(b) A week.
(c) Another day.
(d) Not much longer.
2. What happened to the men who killed Old Man Salter?
(a) They were put in jail.
(b) They were hanged.
(c) They escaped.
(d) They were shot.
3. What does the young boy ask Culla's sister to do in town?
(a) Eat ice cream.
(b) See a show.
(c) Buy candy.
(d) Rob a store.
4. What does the unnamed man do with the newborn child?
(a) Takes him to a clinic.
(b) Cleans him.
(c) Feeds him a bottle.
(d) Leaves it in the woods.
5. What item had Culla sold to a townsman?
6. What do the men on the road do as the squire rides down the road alone?
(a) Ask for a ride.
(b) Seize the reins of his horse.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Shoot his horse.
7. Which of the following items does the vendor NOT have?
8. Why does Culla become angry at his sister?
(a) He catches her digging in the grave.
(b) She set the house on fire.
(c) She burned the last food they had.
(d) She told the sheriff about the baby.
9. What item had Culla sold to a townsman?
10. What is another name for the person in #19?
(a) A woodsman.
(b) A tinker.
(c) An actor.
(d) A criminal.
11. Where does Culla have dinner and stay the night?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The squire's home.
12. What awakens the unnamed man from his dream?
(a) A barking dog.
(b) A gunshot.
(d) A vendor.
13. What is notable about the grandmother in the house in #66?
(a) She has no right leg.
(b) She has no nose.
(c) She has no left ear.
(d) She has one green eye and one blue eye.
14. Rinthy tells the old woman that she is looking for the tinker to ________________.
(a) buy some cocoa.
(b) get a ride.
(c) swap berries for soap.
(d) get her baby back.
15. What food does Rinthy steal from a garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rinthy tell the old woman about her baby?
2. In what part of his body does Culla sustain superficial gunshot wounds?
3. In what state does the unnamed man live?
4. What does Culla's sister realize about him?
5. What is the reaction of the woman at the store when the baby is brought there?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)