|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the unnamed man live?
(a) It is not known.
(c) North Carolina.
2. A man in the woods offers Culla ____________.
(a) a job.
(b) some whiskey.
(c) some food.
(d) a coat.
3. On what day of the week does Culla go to town?
4. What harrowing sight does Rinthy see on her journey?
(a) A stoning.
(b) Two hanged men.
(c) A house fire.
(d) A duel.
5. What is notable about the grandmother in the house in #66?
(a) She has no right leg.
(b) She has no left ear.
(c) She has no nose.
(d) She has one green eye and one blue eye.
6. Why does Culla go to town?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To mail a letter.
(c) To get food.
(d) To work at the lumberyard.
7. Who is Culla?
(a) The town's postmaster.
(b) The tinker.
(c) The minister.
(d) The brother of the girl who gave birth.
8. What is the woman in the garden doing?
(b) Killing a snake.
9. What injury does the squire sustain from the men who attacked him on the road?
(a) Head trauma.
(b) Severed spine.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Amputated arm.
10. In what does the vendor wrap the person/item in #24?
(c) Animal skin.
11. What is Culla's sister's name?
12. In what does the vendor wrap the person/item in #24?
(a) Animal skin.
13. In what part of his body does Culla sustain superficial gunshot wounds?
14. Why is the unnamed man hiding the fact that the woman is pregnant?
(a) She is unmarried.
(b) She is a minor.
(c) It is not known.
(d) She is a runaway girl.
15. Who is Culla?
(a) The brother of the girl who gave birth.
(b) The tinker.
(c) The town's postmaster.
(d) The minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Culla elude the men?
2. What drives the unnamed man to retrieve the baby?
3. What is Culla's sister's name?
4. What does Culla see as he pulls the ladder up to the barn to work?
5. How does Culla elude the men?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)