|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family travel to town?
(a) A flatbed truck.
(b) A horse-drawn cart.
(c) A mule-driven cart.
(d) A car.
2. How does the old woman know that Rinthy has just had a baby?
(a) Her breasts leak milk.
(b) She still has a belly.
(c) She cries a lot.
(d) She carries a baby blanket.
3. What kind of work does a woman hire Rinthy to do?
4. Who cuts the baby's umbilical cord?
(a) The vendor.
(b) The unnamed man.
(c) The midwife.
(d) The mother.
5. What is another name for the person in #19?
(a) A tinker.
(b) A criminal.
(c) An actor.
(d) A woodsman.
6. Culla's sister stops at a house where she is met by a man on the porch holding a __________.
7. What is the concern of the person walking through the woods?
(a) He is lost.
(b) He is injured.
(c) It is getting dark.
(d) He is late.
8. Who or what does the person in #19 find in the woods?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A fawn.
(c) A baby.
(d) A convict.
9. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A foot path.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A sidewalk.
(d) A ravine.
10. On what day of the week does Culla go to town?
11. What does Culla steal from the squire before leaving his home?
(b) His boots.
12. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
(a) A week.
(b) Another day.
(c) Not much longer.
(d) A couple days.
13. What is another name for the person in #19?
(a) A woodsman.
(b) An actor.
(c) A tinker.
(d) A criminal.
14. How much money does Culla earn for the job he performs?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) A quarter.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) One dollar.
15. What does the person in #19 hear in the woods?
(a) A wolf's howl.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A child's cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Culla?
2. Rinthy meets a woman who had __________ dead children.
3. What job does Culla perform for the person in #52?
4. Culla's sister tells the family in the house that she is looking for ______________.
5. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)