|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
(d) Pipe tobacco.
2. Why does Culla go to town?
(a) To work at the lumberyard.
(b) To go to church.
(c) To mail a letter.
(d) To get food.
3. When does the vendor find the baby?
(b) Early evening.
4. What food does Rinthy steal from a garden?
5. Where does the vendor take the person in #24?
(a) To his store.
(b) To the closest house.
(c) To the minister's house.
(d) To the hospital.
6. What does Culla see as he pulls the ladder up to the barn to work?
(a) A wasps' nest.
(b) A dead cow.
(c) Men storming toward him.
(d) A beautiful sunrise.
7. Where is the nurse located?
(b) Nearby the store.
(c) The next town.
(d) At the edge of the woods.
8. Why does the unnamed man struggle on his way back to the cabin?
(a) It is very dark.
(b) It is raining hard.
(c) There is a blizzard.
(d) He is not familiar with the area.
9. How much money does Culla earn for the job he performs?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) A quarter.
10. What does Culla buy for breakfast?
(b) Cheese and crackers.
11. What does Rinthy receive from strangers on her quest to find her baby?
(c) Food and shelter.
12. Who had made the path the vendor took in the woods?
(a) A party of hunters.
(c) Some kids playing.
(d) The man who left the baby.
13. Rinthy tells the old woman that she is looking for the tinker to ________________.
(a) get her baby back.
(b) get a ride.
(c) swap berries for soap.
(d) buy some cocoa.
14. Why is the unnamed man hiding the fact that the woman is pregnant?
(a) She is unmarried.
(b) She is a minor.
(c) She is a runaway girl.
(d) It is not known.
15. What injury does the squire sustain from the men who attacked him on the road?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Head trauma.
(c) Amputated arm.
(d) Severed spine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Culla's sister stops at a house where she is met by a man on the porch holding a __________.
2. In what type of house does the unnamed man live?
3. What does the person in #19 hear in the woods?
4. In what condition is the baby when discovered in the woods?
5. Who does Culla tell his sister not to talk to while he is gone?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)