|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts the baby's umbilical cord?
(a) The vendor.
(b) The mother.
(c) The midwife.
(d) The unnamed man.
2. Where do the vendor and the person in #28 take the person found in the woods?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A clinic.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An orphanage.
3. What does the unnamed man dream as the story begins?
(a) He sees the end of the world.
(b) He sees his dead mother.
(c) He is walking down a long road.
(d) He is asking God to heal him.
4. What injury does the squire sustain from the men who attacked him on the road?
(a) Head trauma.
(b) Amputated arm.
(c) Severed spine.
(d) Gunshot wound.
5. Why does Culla become angry at his sister?
(a) She told the sheriff about the baby.
(b) He catches her digging in the grave.
(c) She burned the last food they had.
(d) She set the house on fire.
6. How does Culla elude the men?
(a) Hides in a cave.
(b) Lays flat in the woods.
(c) Jumps in a water-filled ravine.
(d) Hitches a ride away from the area.
7. What awakens the unnamed man from his dream?
(a) A gunshot.
(c) A vendor.
(d) A barking dog.
8. Where do the vendor and the person in #28 take the person found in the woods?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A clinic.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A nurse.
9. What/Who is Culla looking for as he walks through the countryside?
(a) A job.
(c) A minister.
(d) The tinker.
10. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A sidewalk.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A foot path.
11. The woman in labor asks the unnamed man for more heat and _____________.
12. What is the fate of the abandoned baby?
(a) He will survive.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is maimed.
(d) He is crippled.
13. What awakens the unnamed man from his dream?
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A barking dog.
(d) A vendor.
14. What does Rinthy tell the old woman about her baby?
(a) Culla sold or gave the baby away.
(b) She put him up for adoption.
(c) He was stillborn.
(d) There is no baby.
15. Why does Culla go to town?
(a) To work at the lumberyard.
(b) To go to church.
(c) To mail a letter.
(d) To get food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Culla learns that someone has dug up _____________ and caused a commotion in town.
2. What kind of work does a woman hire Rinthy to do?
3. Why does Culla become angry at his sister?
4. Who sends some men to search for whoever removed the person in #85 from the grave?
5. Who is about to give birth in the unnamed man's house?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)