|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rinthy meets a woman who had __________ dead children.
2. Who cuts the baby's umbilical cord?
(a) The vendor.
(b) The midwife.
(c) The unnamed man.
(d) The mother.
3. In what type of house does the unnamed man live?
(a) Log cabin.
4. What does the young boy ask Culla's sister to do in town?
(a) See a show.
(b) Rob a store.
(c) Eat ice cream.
(d) Buy candy.
5. What harrowing sight does Rinthy see on her journey?
(a) A duel.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A stoning.
(d) Two hanged men.
6. How much money does Culla earn for the job he performs?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A quarter.
(d) One dollar.
7. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
(a) Pipe tobacco.
8. What is the reaction of the woman at the store when the baby is brought there?
9. Who is the dead man laying in a wagon?
(a) Grandpa Jones.
(b) Ol' Willie.
(c) Old Man Salter.
(d) Mr. Malone.
10. In what does the vendor wrap the person/item in #24?
(c) Animal skin.
11. Culla learns that someone has dug up _____________ and caused a commotion in town.
(a) time capsules.
12. Why is the unnamed man hiding the fact that the woman is pregnant?
(a) She is a runaway girl.
(b) She is a minor.
(c) It is not known.
(d) She is unmarried.
13. What does the unnamed man dream as the story begins?
(a) He sees the end of the world.
(b) He is asking God to heal him.
(c) He is walking down a long road.
(d) He sees his dead mother.
14. What does the unnamed man tell a vendor to get rid of him?
(a) He has a shotgun.
(b) He will set his dogs on him.
(c) He will call the police.
(d) The house is quarantined.
15. What drives the unnamed man to retrieve the baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Culla notice in a wagon in town?
2. What does the unnamed man tell a vendor to get rid of him?
3. On what day of the week does Culla go to town?
4. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
5. Who or what does the unnamed man refuse to get for the woman in labor?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)