|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of Culla's sister when he returns home?
(a) She is fixing dinner.
(b) She is reading a book.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is weak and in pain.
2. Who is most surprised by who the vendor has brought?
(a) A doctor.
(b) His son.
(c) The minister.
(d) His wife.
3. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A foot path.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A sidewalk.
4. What does Culla's sister realize about him?
(a) He is scared of failure.
(b) He is not returning to the cabin.
(c) He will return when he finds food.
(d) He has fallen in love.
5. In what part of his body does Culla sustain superficial gunshot wounds?
6. What food does Culla prepare for his sister?
(a) An egg and water.
7. Who is Culla?
(a) The tinker.
(b) The town's postmaster.
(c) The brother of the girl who gave birth.
(d) The minister.
8. What does the unnamed man do with the newborn child?
(a) Cleans him.
(b) Leaves it in the woods.
(c) Feeds him a bottle.
(d) Takes him to a clinic.
9. Culla tells his sister that her baby is ________________.
(a) in the hospital.
(b) buried in the ground.
(c) at a convent.
(d) at an orphanage.
10. What is the squire's name?
11. What does the unnamed man tell a vendor to get rid of him?
(a) He will call the police.
(b) The house is quarantined.
(c) He has a shotgun.
(d) He will set his dogs on him.
12. Who or what does the unnamed man refuse to get for the woman in labor?
13. What does Rinthy receive from strangers on her quest to find her baby?
(d) Food and shelter.
14. How does Culla elude the men?
(a) Hitches a ride away from the area.
(b) Hides in a cave.
(c) Lays flat in the woods.
(d) Jumps in a water-filled ravine.
15. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
(a) A week.
(b) Not much longer.
(c) Another day.
(d) A couple days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man refuse to get the item in #10?
2. What kind of work does a woman hire Rinthy to do?
3. What does Culla see as he pulls the ladder up to the barn to work?
4. How does Culla elude the men?
5. What do the men on the road do as the squire rides down the road alone?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)