|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the nurse located?
(a) Nearby the store.
(b) The next town.
(d) At the edge of the woods.
2. Which of the following items does the vendor NOT have?
3. How much does Culla's breakfast at the store cost?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A dime.
4. Culla's sister stops at a house where she is met by a man on the porch holding a __________.
5. In what state does the unnamed man live?
(a) It is not known.
(b) North Carolina.
6. Where does Culla have dinner and stay the night?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The woods.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) The squire's home.
7. What item of clothing does the man in the woods notice about Culla?
(a) His boots.
(b) His hat.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His belt.
8. Who had made the path the vendor took in the woods?
(b) A party of hunters.
(c) The man who left the baby.
(d) Some kids playing.
9. What food is turning green from mold?
10. What is the condition of Culla's sister when he returns home?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is reading a book.
(c) She is weak and in pain.
(d) She is fixing dinner.
11. What is the fate of the abandoned baby?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He dies.
(c) He will survive.
(d) He is maimed.
12. What does Culla see as he pulls the ladder up to the barn to work?
(a) A beautiful sunrise.
(b) A dead cow.
(c) A wasps' nest.
(d) Men storming toward him.
13. Why does the unnamed man struggle on his way back to the cabin?
(a) It is raining hard.
(b) It is very dark.
(c) There is a blizzard.
(d) He is not familiar with the area.
14. What is the condition of Culla's sister when he returns home?
(a) She is reading a book.
(b) She is fixing dinner.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is weak and in pain.
15. How does the family travel to town?
(a) A horse-drawn cart.
(b) A car.
(c) A flatbed truck.
(d) A mule-driven cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens the unnamed man from his dream?
2. When does the vendor find the baby?
3. What is the reaction of the woman at the store when the baby is brought there?
4. What is the concern of the person walking through the woods?
5. Culla tells his sister that her baby is ________________.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)