|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
(b) Pipe tobacco.
2. What happened to the men who killed Old Man Salter?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were put in jail.
(c) They were hanged.
(d) They escaped.
3. What kind of work does a woman hire Rinthy to do?
4. What do the men on the road do as the squire rides down the road alone?
(a) Ask for a ride.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Seize the reins of his horse.
(d) Shoot his horse.
5. What is the fate of the abandoned baby?
(a) He is maimed.
(b) He dies.
(c) He will survive.
(d) He is crippled.
6. What does the young boy ask Culla's sister to do in town?
(a) Eat ice cream.
(b) Buy candy.
(c) Rob a store.
(d) See a show.
7. What harrowing sight does Rinthy see on her journey?
(a) Two hanged men.
(b) A stoning.
(c) A house fire.
(d) A duel.
8. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The squire's.
(b) The blacksmith's.
(c) The postmaster's.
(d) The grocer's.
9. In what state does the unnamed man live?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) It is not known.
10. What does the sister find in the fresh grave?
(a) A metal box.
(b) A skull.
(c) Clay and rock.
(d) A baby.
11. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
(d) Pipe tobacco.
12. Where does Culla's sister find out information about him?
(a) From the tinker.
(b) At church.
(c) At the General Store.
(d) At the Post Office.
13. What drives the unnamed man to retrieve the baby?
14. What is Culla's last name?
15. What does Culla's sister know that the tinker has that belongs to her?
(a) Her horse.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Culla's sister realize about him?
2. What does Rinthy receive from strangers on her quest to find her baby?
3. Culla learns that someone has dug up _____________ and caused a commotion in town.
4. Who is about to give birth in the unnamed man's house?
5. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)