|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Culla's sister realize about him?
(a) He is not returning to the cabin.
(b) He is scared of failure.
(c) He will return when he finds food.
(d) He has fallen in love.
2. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A ravine.
(b) A sidewalk.
(c) A foot path.
(d) A bridge.
3. Where does Culla's sister find out information about him?
(a) From the tinker.
(b) At the General Store.
(c) At church.
(d) At the Post Office.
4. What is the fate of the abandoned baby?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is maimed.
(c) He will survive.
(d) He is crippled.
5. On what day of the week does Culla go to town?
6. In what does the vendor wrap the person/item in #24?
(d) Animal skin.
7. What is the condition of Culla's sister when he returns home?
(a) She is weak and in pain.
(b) She is fixing dinner.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is reading a book.
8. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The postmaster's.
(b) The squire's.
(c) The blacksmith's.
(d) The grocer's.
9. Who or what does the unnamed man refuse to get for the woman in labor?
10. Who is Culla?
(a) The tinker.
(b) The minister.
(c) The town's postmaster.
(d) The brother of the girl who gave birth.
11. What food is turning green from mold?
12. What does Culla notice in a wagon in town?
(a) Bags of flour.
(b) Tobacco leaves.
(c) Decomposing bodies.
(d) Barrels of whiskey.
13. How much will Culla be paid for the job in #79?
(a) 50 cents a day.
(b) $5 for the whole job.
(c) $1 per day.
(d) $10 for the whole job.
14. What drives the unnamed man to retrieve the baby?
15. What does the unnamed man do with the newborn child?
(a) Feeds him a bottle.
(b) Leaves it in the woods.
(c) Cleans him.
(d) Takes him to a clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
2. Where do the vendor and the person in #28 take the person found in the woods?
3. What injury does the squire sustain from the men who attacked him on the road?
4. What is another name for the person in #19?
5. Why does the unnamed man refuse to get the item in #10?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)