|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item had Culla sold to a townsman?
2. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
(b) Pipe tobacco.
3. What does Culla buy for breakfast?
(b) Cheese and crackers.
4. What is the fate of the abandoned baby?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He dies.
(c) He will survive.
(d) He is maimed.
5. Where is the nurse located?
(a) At the edge of the woods.
(b) The next town.
(d) Nearby the store.
6. What is Culla's last name?
7. What name was given to the baby?
(c) No name.
8. What food does Culla prepare for his sister?
(a) An egg and water.
9. What is the woman in the garden doing?
(a) Killing a snake.
10. What does the young boy ask Culla's sister to do in town?
(a) See a show.
(b) Rob a store.
(c) Buy candy.
(d) Eat ice cream.
11. What does the person in #19 hear in the woods?
(a) A gunshot.
(c) A wolf's howl.
(d) A child's cry.
12. What does the sister find in the fresh grave?
(a) A baby.
(b) Clay and rock.
(c) A metal box.
(d) A skull.
13. Rinthy meets a woman who had __________ dead children.
14. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The grocer's.
(b) The squire's.
(c) The postmaster's.
(d) The blacksmith's.
15. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A sidewalk.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A foot path.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in the garden doing?
2. Why does Culla become angry at his sister?
3. What is the squire's name?
4. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
5. What does Culla's sister know that the tinker has that belongs to her?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)