|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens the unnamed man from his dream?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A vendor.
(d) A barking dog.
2. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
(b) Pipe tobacco.
3. Where is Culla when the group of men spots him?
(a) The side of a road.
(b) A meadow.
(c) A general store.
(d) The top of a ridge.
4. Why does the unnamed man refuse to get the item in #10?
(a) There are no more blankets in the house.
(b) She will vomit if she eats now.
(c) A midwife would tell other people about the baby.
(d) She cannot afford to get drunk.
5. Why does the unnamed man struggle on his way back to the cabin?
(a) He is not familiar with the area.
(b) It is raining hard.
(c) There is a blizzard.
(d) It is very dark.
6. Who does the squire decide to track down the next morning?
(a) His runaway son.
(b) An escaped criminal.
(c) His brother.
7. What awakens the unnamed man from his dream?
(b) A barking dog.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A vendor.
8. In what type of house does the unnamed man live?
(c) Log cabin.
9. What item of clothing does the man in the woods notice about Culla?
(a) His boots.
(b) His hat.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His belt.
10. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The postmaster's.
(b) The grocer's.
(c) The squire's.
(d) The blacksmith's.
11. Where do the vendor and the person in #28 take the person found in the woods?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A clinic.
(d) An orphanage.
12. What food does Culla prepare for his sister?
(a) An egg and water.
13. Why does Culla become angry at his sister?
(a) He catches her digging in the grave.
(b) She set the house on fire.
(c) She burned the last food they had.
(d) She told the sheriff about the baby.
14. In what part of his body does Culla sustain superficial gunshot wounds?
15. How much does Culla's breakfast at the store cost?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A dime.
(d) A quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
2. In what part of his body does Culla sustain superficial gunshot wounds?
3. What is the reaction of the woman at the store when the baby is brought there?
4. In what does the vendor wrap the person/item in #24?
5. Who sends some men to search for whoever removed the person in #85 from the grave?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)