|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young boy ask Culla's sister to do in town?
(a) Buy candy.
(b) Eat ice cream.
(c) See a show.
(d) Rob a store.
2. At whose home does Culla ask for a job?
(a) The blacksmith's.
(b) The squire's.
(c) The postmaster's.
(d) The grocer's.
3. Rinthy meets a woman who had __________ dead children.
4. Where is the unnamed man's home located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On a beach.
(d) In the city.
5. In what town does Culla look for work?
(c) Rocky Fork.
(d) Spring Creek.
6. What harrowing sight does Rinthy see on her journey?
(a) A stoning.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A duel.
(d) Two hanged men.
7. What does the sister find in the fresh grave?
(a) A metal box.
(b) A baby.
(c) Clay and rock.
(d) A skull.
8. What is the concern of the person walking through the woods?
(a) He is lost.
(b) He is injured.
(c) It is getting dark.
(d) He is late.
9. What does the young boy ask Culla's sister to do in town?
(a) Eat ice cream.
(b) See a show.
(c) Rob a store.
(d) Buy candy.
10. What reason does Culla's sister give for looking for the person/item in #68?
(a) He has something that belongs to her.
(b) She needs money.
(c) She misses him.
(d) She is depressed.
11. Who is walking through the woods as this section opens?
(a) A trapper.
(b) The vendor.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A convict.
12. The woman in labor asks the unnamed man for more heat and _____________.
13. What job does Culla perform for the person in #52?
(a) Planting crops.
(b) Picking fruit.
(c) Shoeing horses.
(d) Cutting firewood.
14. What does Culla buy for breakfast?
(a) Cheese and crackers.
15. Where is the nurse located?
(b) At the edge of the woods.
(c) Nearby the store.
(d) The next town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Culla's sister know that the tinker has that belongs to her?
2. In what part of his body does Culla sustain superficial gunshot wounds?
3. Which of the following items does the vendor NOT have?
4. What does the person in #19 hear in the woods?
5. Who does the squire decide to track down the next morning?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)