|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of the abandoned baby?
(a) He dies.
(b) He will survive.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is maimed.
2. On what day of the week does Culla go to town?
3. Which of the following items does the vendor NOT have?
4. In what does the vendor wrap the person/item in #24?
(c) Animal skin.
5. What happened to the men who killed Old Man Salter?
(a) They escaped.
(b) They were shot.
(c) They were hanged.
(d) They were put in jail.
6. Why does Culla go to town?
(a) To get food.
(b) To go to church.
(c) To mail a letter.
(d) To work at the lumberyard.
7. Rinthy tells the old woman that she is looking for the tinker to ________________.
(a) swap berries for soap.
(b) buy some cocoa.
(c) get her baby back.
(d) get a ride.
8. Why does Culla go to town?
(a) To mail a letter.
(b) To get food.
(c) To work at the lumberyard.
(d) To go to church.
9. How does the family travel to town?
(a) A flatbed truck.
(b) A car.
(c) A horse-drawn cart.
(d) A mule-driven cart.
10. How much will Culla be paid for the job in #79?
(a) $10 for the whole job.
(b) $5 for the whole job.
(c) $1 per day.
(d) 50 cents a day.
11. Culla's sister stops at a house where she is met by a man on the porch holding a __________.
12. Culla's sister tells the family in the house that she is looking for ______________.
(b) the tinker.
(c) a job.
(d) her brother.
13. What does Rinthy receive from strangers on her quest to find her baby?
(c) Food and shelter.
14. What is the woman in the garden doing?
(d) Killing a snake.
15. What food is turning green from mold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of the woman at the store when the baby is brought there?
2. Where is Culla when the group of men spots him?
3. Who is walking through the woods as this section opens?
4. What does the unnamed man dream as the story begins?
5. How does Culla elude the men?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)