|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Culla do while his sister sleeps?
(a) Chops firewood.
(b) Digs a grave.
(c) Shoes the horse.
(d) Cleans the house.
2. What is notable about the grandmother in the house in #66?
(a) She has no nose.
(b) She has one green eye and one blue eye.
(c) She has no left ear.
(d) She has no right leg.
3. What is the concern of the person walking through the woods?
(a) He is lost.
(b) He is late.
(c) It is getting dark.
(d) He is injured.
4. What does Culla buy for breakfast?
(c) Cheese and crackers.
5. What does Culla notice in a wagon in town?
(a) Bags of flour.
(b) Decomposing bodies.
(c) Barrels of whiskey.
(d) Tobacco leaves.
6. Why does Culla become angry at his sister?
(a) She set the house on fire.
(b) He catches her digging in the grave.
(c) She told the sheriff about the baby.
(d) She burned the last food they had.
7. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A ravine.
(c) A foot path.
(d) A sidewalk.
8. What food does Rinthy steal from a garden?
9. What name was given to the baby?
(b) No name.
10. Rinthy meets a woman who had __________ dead children.
11. Who or what does the unnamed man refuse to get for the woman in labor?
12. What is Culla's sister's name?
13. Who is walking through the woods as this section opens?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A trapper.
(c) A convict.
(d) The vendor.
14. What does Culla see as he pulls the ladder up to the barn to work?
(a) Men storming toward him.
(b) A wasps' nest.
(c) A dead cow.
(d) A beautiful sunrise.
15. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
(a) A week.
(b) Not much longer.
(c) Another day.
(d) A couple days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Culla perform for the person in #52?
2. How much will Culla be paid for the job in #79?
3. Where does Culla's sister find out information about him?
4. Who cuts the baby's umbilical cord?
5. Where is the nurse located?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)