|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Culla perform for the person in #52?
(a) Shoeing horses.
(b) Planting crops.
(c) Cutting firewood.
(d) Picking fruit.
2. Rinthy tells the old woman that she is looking for the tinker to ________________.
(a) get a ride.
(b) buy some cocoa.
(c) swap berries for soap.
(d) get her baby back.
3. Who sends some men to search for whoever removed the person in #85 from the grave?
(a) The postmaster.
(b) A man in a black suit.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The minister.
4. What is Culla's last name?
5. What does Culla notice in a wagon in town?
(a) Barrels of whiskey.
(b) Decomposing bodies.
(c) Tobacco leaves.
(d) Bags of flour.
6. What does Culla steal from the squire before leaving his home?
(d) His boots.
7. In what town does Culla look for work?
(b) Spring Creek.
(c) Rocky Fork.
8. Culla tells his sister that her baby is ________________.
(a) at an orphanage.
(b) buried in the ground.
(c) at a convent.
(d) in the hospital.
9. What does Culla see as he pulls the ladder up to the barn to work?
(a) Men storming toward him.
(b) A beautiful sunrise.
(c) A dead cow.
(d) A wasps' nest.
10. What does the unnamed man dream as the story begins?
(a) He sees his dead mother.
(b) He is asking God to heal him.
(c) He is walking down a long road.
(d) He sees the end of the world.
11. What does the person in #19 hear in the woods?
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A child's cry.
(d) A wolf's howl.
12. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A foot path.
(b) A ravine.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A sidewalk.
13. Who does Culla tell his sister not to talk to while he is gone?
(a) Their father.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Her boyfriend.
14. Where is the person or item found in the woods?
(a) A bed of moss.
(b) A cave.
(c) Near a stream.
(d) Under some brush.
15. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A ravine.
(b) A sidewalk.
(c) A foot path.
(d) A bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concern of the person walking through the woods?
2. Where does Culla's sister find out information about him?
3. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
4. Where do the vendor and the person in #28 take the person found in the woods?
5. Culla's sister stops at a house where she is met by a man on the porch holding a __________.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)