|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the person in #19 walking on in the woods?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A foot path.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A sidewalk.
2. What does the person in #19 hear in the woods?
(a) A child's cry.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A wolf's howl.
3. Why is the unnamed man hiding the fact that the woman is pregnant?
(a) It is not known.
(b) She is a runaway girl.
(c) She is a minor.
(d) She is unmarried.
4. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
(a) Pipe tobacco.
5. Why does Culla go to town?
(a) To get food.
(b) To work at the lumberyard.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To mail a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the person in #19?
2. How much longer would the baby have lived had the vendor not found him?
3. In what does the vendor wrap the person/item in #24?
4. Who or what does the person in #19 find in the woods?
5. What does the unnamed man say about the newborn child?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)