|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 19 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man tell a vendor to get rid of him?
(a) He has a shotgun.
(b) The house is quarantined.
(c) He will call the police.
(d) He will set his dogs on him.
2. In what type of house does the unnamed man live?
(a) Log cabin.
3. Who cuts the baby's umbilical cord?
(a) The vendor.
(b) The unnamed man.
(c) The mother.
(d) The midwife.
4. Who is most surprised by who the vendor has brought?
(a) The minister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) A doctor.
5. Why does the unnamed man refuse to get the item in #10?
(a) She will vomit if she eats now.
(b) A midwife would tell other people about the baby.
(c) She cannot afford to get drunk.
(d) There are no more blankets in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #19 hear in the woods?
2. Why does the unnamed man struggle on his way back to the cabin?
3. What does the unnamed man do with the newborn child?
4. What does the unnamed man buy from the vendor?
5. What drives the unnamed man to retrieve the baby?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)