|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the train does Joe ride on?
2. Who does Joe signal to on the job?
3. How long does it take for Alan to be rescued after he sees Ann in his dream?
4. Who built the mansion in "The Beckoning Hands"?
5. What do people believe brought Alan and his grandparents's miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Alan Scott?
2. What is the Queen of Sounds?
3. What does Alan dream about?
4. Why did Donald travel to America?
5. Describe how the man who rents the mansion finds Caroline.
6. What is at conflict in "The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake"?
7. Why was Caroline's mother worried on Caroline's wedding day?
8. Why do people think the light they see is Joe?
9. Describe the yellow-orange flower's significance.
10. Why does the Queen of Sounds explode?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the role war plays in the stories "Currituck Jack" and "Rodanthe's Drum of Old Christmas".
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain how Roanoke's inner state from "Indian Gallows" is reflected by his return to King Cashie and the Tuscarora Tribe.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain how the legend of "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" could be passed down if both Tim and the town all die from the witch's curse? Who might the narrator be?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)