|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police never find as a result of the accident?
2. What do people believe brought Alan and his grandparents's miracle?
3. What side of the war is Donald on?
4. What does Ann tell Alan to do?
5. When does the apparition always appear in the windows of the mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the girl's fiance in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
2. What happens to Alan and his grandparents at the end of "The Fountain of Mercy"?
3. What happens to the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
4. How does the Maco Train Station respond to Joe's death?
5. Who is Alan Scott?
6. Describe the yellow-orange flower's significance.
7. Who is Joe Baldwin?
8. What happens to Joe Baldwin?
9. What is at conflict in "The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake"?
10. What do people begin to see at New Year's in "The Beckoning Hands"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain how the legend of "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" could be passed down if both Tim and the town all die from the witch's curse? Who might the narrator be?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the symbolism of Donald McDonald's drum which is later owned by the Payne family in "Rodanthe's Drum of Old Christmas".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain the significance of the role unrequited love plays in "The Indian Gallows Tree" and what Whedbee is suggesting about romance by this relationship.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)