|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe see after his train comes to a complete stop?
2. What does Josephine ask Joe to do?
3. When can people say they can hear the mother and baby crying for one another?
4. Who comes to stay at the mansion in "The Beckoning Hands"?
5. What war is at battle in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
2. Who is Donald McDonald?
3. Why do people think the light they see is Joe?
4. Who is Alan Scott?
5. What happens to Joe Baldwin?
6. Describe the yellow-orange flower's significance.
7. How does Caroline's mother die?
8. Why did Donald travel to America?
9. What does the elderly lady do that saves the Mattamuskeet tribe?
10. What do people begin to see at New Year's in "The Beckoning Hands"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the role guilt plays on characters in both "The Beckoning Hands" and "The Core Point Ghosts".
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the relationship of destruction to life's commencement in "The Beckoning Hands" by looking at the events that occur in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the title of "The Jobellflower" to the content of its story.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)