|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coast were Seaman Brooks and his crew sailing?
2. When do most people claim they are able to see the figure beckoning on the shore?
3. In "The Legend of Old Buck" who does the person that continues to inhabit the woods specifically watch over?
4. What does King Cashie form?
5. What does Tim Farrow do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tim's new wife.
2. What happens when Polly finally cataches Fame?
3. How did the British make it difficult for American's to reach their supplies?
4. What does the legend say Old Buck continues to look after?
5. Who is Don Carlos?
6. When can those see the Gray Man of Hatteras?
7. Describe the ending of "Currituck Jack".
8. Who is Robert Austin?
9. Who survives the storm in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
10. What did Saint George do, according to "The Legend of Old Buck"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Whedbee introduce people throughout the stories in "Outer Banks Mysteries and Seaside Stories" rather than the actual legends and myths. How does that affect the reader's perception of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the role war plays in the stories "Currituck Jack" and "Rodanthe's Drum of Old Christmas".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast "The Queen of Sounds" to "The Fountain of Mercy" and how good prevails over evil.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)