|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction do Caleb and his two shipmates head?
2. In "The Legend of Old Buck" who does the person that continues to inhabit the woods specifically watch over?
3. Who does the British ship come into contact with?
4. What does Tim notice about the mill?
5. What kind of tree is the tree from "Indian Gallows"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Sam and Jack in "Currituck Jack"?
2. When can those see the Gray Man of Hatteras?
3. What is the importance of Susannah Evans in "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill"?
4. What happens to Prince Roanoke?
5. What is the Dram Tree?
6. What happens to Bucca on the voyage to America?
7. Describe the tree from "Indian Gallows" on Colington Island in North Carolina.
8. What happens to those in the town that do not like Tim's new wife?
9. Describe Caleb White.
10. Describe Tim's new wife.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why it is essential for Whedbee to be knowledgeable and familiar with the Carolina land to make the telling of the legends in "Outer Banks Mysteries and Seaside Stories" successful.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Old Christmas to today's, modern Christmas by analyzing "The Legend of Old Buck" to see how and why Old Christmas evolved into what we know Christmas to be now.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the role guilt plays on characters in both "The Beckoning Hands" and "The Core Point Ghosts".
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)