|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Cashie form?
2. How does Tim respond to people's complaints about his wife?
3. How old is the tree in "Indian Gallows"?
4. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
5. What does the Arctic current collide with to form a white cloud in the ocean water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the British make it difficult for American's to reach their supplies?
2. Why does Tim hide in his mill?
3. What happens to Prince Roanoke?
4. What is the Dram Tree?
5. What is the importance of Susannah Evans in "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill"?
6. Who survives the storm in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
7. What happens to those in the town that do not like Tim's new wife?
8. What happens to the fiance of the Indian Princess named White Cloud?
9. Who is Polly in "Currituck Jack"?
10. What does the legend say Old Buck continues to look after?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss how the last story of "Outer Banks and Seaside Stories" with "The Queen of Sounds" suggests a noteworthy skepticism in the belief the readers have in these legends. How does this story specifically suggest to the reader that's these stories should be taken with a grain of salt?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast modern society's response to pregnancy out of wedlock to the way society responded to the girl's from "The Core Point Ghosts". Do you think her guilt was equal to her crime?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast "The Queen of Sounds" to "The Fountain of Mercy" and how good prevails over evil.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)