|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person realize upon waking up in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(a) That he doesn't know where he is.
(b) That he needs to leave the house.
(c) That he has found the missing bride, Caroline.
(d) That the house is haunted.
2. What is Donald shot by?
(a) A gun.
(b) A cannon.
(c) A sling shot.
(d) An arrow.
3. What do Joe and Josephine Bell like to spend their time doing?
(a) Researching the Outer Banks.
(b) Planting flowers along the Outer Banks.
(c) Walk on the shore of the Outer Banks.
(d) Traveling up and down the Outer Banks.
4. What do the locals of Maco welcome about the legend of the Mcao lights?
(a) A ghost story.
(b) A scientific explanation.
(c) A special on TV about it.
5. What happens to the train Joe is conductor of?
(a) It is moved to another track.
(b) It is hit and derailed.
(c) It reconnects to its train.
(d) It is almost hit by the oncoming train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people say can still be heard at the end of "The Queen of Sounds"?
2. In "The Core Point Ghosts" what does the girl do as a result of her emotions?
3. What is the land like for the Mattamuskeet Indians prior to the drought?
4. Why does Donald leave to go to America?
5. In "The Beckoning Hands" who does the pirate want to live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
2. What is the significance of Whedbee's close attention to the lights in "The Mysterious Maco Lights"?
3. What happens to the girl's fiance in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
4. What does the elderly lady do that saves the Mattamuskeet tribe?
5. Why was Caroline's mother worried on Caroline's wedding day?
6. Who is Joe Baldwin?
7. How does the girl respond to her baby's birth in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
8. Why was Caroline's dad cursed in "The Beckoning Hands"
9. What happens to Alan and his grandparents at the end of "The Fountain of Mercy"?
10. Who is the Great Spirit?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)