|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Donald finally reach America after his ship wrecks?
(a) He floats on his drum after his ship sinks.
(b) He swims to shore.
(c) He clings to a swimming bull.
(d) He is rescued by a passing ship.
2. How does the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts" feel about her situation?
(a) Very guilty.
3. What was Frenchy's role in the Civil War from "The Queen of Sounds"?
(a) He was a Union soldier.
(b) He was a slave.
(c) He was a Confederate corporal.
(d) He was a Union corporal.
4. What does the girl confess to her parents in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
(a) That she wanted her fiance to die.
(b) That she is sick.
(c) That she did not want to get married.
(d) That she is pregnant.
5. What is the mansion from "The Beckoning Hands" connected to?
(a) The shore.
(b) The town's hall.
(c) The road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine ask Joe to do?
2. Where was Donald shot?
3. In "The Beckoning Hands" what does the person dream of their first night in the mansion?
4. Who do the Mattamuskeet Indians try to please?
5. What President does Whedbee mention experiences the mysteries of the Maco Lights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the yellow-orange flower's significance.
2. What happens to the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
3. Why was Caroline's mother worried on Caroline's wedding day?
4. Why do people think the light they see is Joe?
5. Why does the Queen of Sounds explode?
6. How does Caroline's mother die?
7. Who is Donald McDonald?
8. Describe Frenchy.
9. What happens to Alan and his grandparents at the end of "The Fountain of Mercy"?
10. How does the girl respond to her baby's birth in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)