|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maco Station change after Joe's accident?
(a) Their tracks.
(b) Their trains.
(c) Their lights to colored ones.
(d) Their conductor's light exertion.
2. What do Joe and Josephine Bell like to spend their time doing?
(a) Traveling up and down the Outer Banks.
(b) Researching the Outer Banks.
(c) Walk on the shore of the Outer Banks.
(d) Planting flowers along the Outer Banks.
3. What does Frenchy invest in?
(a) A casino.
(b) Movie theatres.
(c) A showboat.
(d) A piano.
4. What do people begin to see close to the train station after Joe's death?
(a) A floating head.
(b) A floating train.
(c) A headless body.
(d) A floating light.
5. What year did Alan Scott's parents die in "The Fountain of Mercy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Donald shot by?
2. What happens to Alan and his grandparents on their way to Jamestown?
3. What do people say can still be heard at the end of "The Queen of Sounds"?
4. What is the name of the family Donald marries into?
5. What does Joe use to try and make his whereabouts known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the girl's fiance in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
2. Who is Alan Scott?
3. What is the significance of Whedbee's close attention to the lights in "The Mysterious Maco Lights"?
4. Who is Donald McDonald?
5. Why was Caroline's mother worried on Caroline's wedding day?
6. What is significant about the Payne family and "Rodanthe's Drum of Old Christmas"?
7. What happens to Alan and his grandparents at the end of "The Fountain of Mercy"?
8. Describe the yellow-orange flower's significance.
9. What does the elderly lady do that saves the Mattamuskeet tribe?
10. Who is the Great Spirit?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)