|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donald bleed all over?
(a) His own gun.
(b) The Golden Beat.
(c) The Beaten Drum.
(d) The Golden Drum of Charles.
2. What does the person realize upon waking up in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(a) That he needs to leave the house.
(b) That he doesn't know where he is.
(c) That the house is haunted.
(d) That he has found the missing bride, Caroline.
3. What does the Maco Station change after Joe's accident?
(a) Their tracks.
(b) Their trains.
(c) Their lights to colored ones.
(d) Their conductor's light exertion.
4. Who does Frenchy begin to attempt to contact obsessively?
(a) His late wife.
(b) His late parents.
5. Who is Joe Baldwin?
(a) A railroad passenger.
(b) A railroad engineer.
(c) A railroad man.
(d) A railroad station operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Frenchy's role in the Civil War from "The Queen of Sounds"?
2. Who do the Mattamuskeet Indians try to please?
3. What color is the flower that Joe sees and begins to plant along the Outer Banks?
4. Who does Alan go to live with after his parents die?
5. Who's homes do Joe and Josephine typically stay in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Alan and his grandparents at the end of "The Fountain of Mercy"?
2. What did Joe and Josephine Bell like to spend their time doing?
3. What happens to Joe Baldwin?
4. What does the elderly lady do that saves the Mattamuskeet tribe?
5. How does the Maco Train Station respond to Joe's death?
6. Who is the Great Spirit?
7. What is the Queen of Sounds?
8. Why did Donald travel to America?
9. What does Alan dream about?
10. Describe how the man who rents the mansion finds Caroline.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)