|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who was indicted for witchcraft in North Carolina?
(a) Suzanne Ivans.
(b) Susannah Evans.
(c) Evans Sez.
(d) Susie Evan.
2. Where is the man from who White Cloud nurses back to health from?
3. What is the British ship's name?
(a) Polly Anna.
4. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
(a) The people of North Caroline ignored it.
(b) He does not give a reason.
(c) He does not suggest that about North Carolina.
(d) The people of North Carolina had more sense than that.
5. Why is Caleb prevented from fighting in the war in "Currituck Jack"?
(a) He's disabled.
(b) His religion.
(c) His job.
(d) He is too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seaman Brooks learn he saw on the shore?
2. Who is Bucca?
3. When do most people claim they are able to see the figure beckoning on the shore?
4. Who still wanders through the woods according to "The Legend of Old Buck"?
5. What must a ship do upon leaving the harbor in "The Dram Tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Don Carlos?
2. Describe Tim's new wife.
3. When can those see the Gray Man of Hatteras?
4. What did Saint George do, according to "The Legend of Old Buck"?
5. What is the literal white cloud in "White Cloud"?
6. What is the one widespread story about witchcraft in North Carolina?
7. What happens to Bucca on the voyage to America?
8. Who is the Gray Man of Hatteras?
9. What does the legend say Old Buck continues to look after?
10. What happens to the cat at the end of "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill"?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)