|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos plan to do when he arrives to his future destination?
(a) Open his own restaurant.
(b) Begin Bullfighting in the New World.
(c) Join the Romanian army.
(d) Become a chef.
2. What kind of tree is the tree from "Indian Gallows"?
(a) A Magnolia.
(b) A Dogwood.
(c) An American Oak.
(d) A Maple.
3. Who survives the voyage in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(b) Carlos and his wife.
(c) Bucca and the two young sailors.
(d) Bucca and Carlos.
4. Who is honored by the Continental Congress?
5. Who still wanders through the woods according to "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(a) No one.
(d) Saint George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is White Cloud?
2. What is White Cloud's dying wish?
3. What is the tree in Edenton a landmark for?
4. What does the dragon ask his killer to grant him mercy on?
5. What do the branches of the tree form in "Indian Gallows"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Robert Austin?
2. What happens after Elnora and Roanoke arrive in Edenton?
3. What does the legend say Old Buck continues to look after?
4. What happens to the fiance of the Indian Princess named White Cloud?
5. What happens to Prince Roanoke?
6. Who is Don Carlos?
7. What happens when Polly finally cataches Fame?
8. What happens to those in the town that do not like Tim's new wife?
9. Who survives the storm in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
10. Describe the ending of "Currituck Jack".
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)