|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the branches of the tree form in "Indian Gallows"?
(a) A doorway.
(b) A hand.
(c) A heart.
(d) An arch.
2. Why is Caleb prevented from fighting in the war in "Currituck Jack"?
(a) His religion.
(b) His job.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He's disabled.
3. Where does "Currituck Jack" take place?
(a) New York.
4. What does the ship become caught in, in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A thick fog.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A thunder storm.
5. Who is Elnora?
(a) Robert's daughter.
(b) Roanoke's wife.
(c) Robert's wife.
(d) Roanoke's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman speak to Tim's daughter?
2. Who does the British ship come into contact with?
3. What surprises Tim about the traveler on the canoe?
4. What is Caleb White described as?
5. What is the young prince in "Indian Gallows" named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bucca on the voyage to America?
2. What is the Dram Tree?
3. Describe the tree from "Indian Gallows" on Colington Island in North Carolina.
4. Who is Don Carlos?
5. What happens after Elnora and Roanoke arrive in Edenton?
6. Why does Tim hide in his mill?
7. Who survives the storm in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
8. What happens to Prince Roanoke?
9. Who are Sam and Jack in "Currituck Jack"?
10. What happened if one did not contribute or take a dram from the Dram Tree?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)