|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal runs through the mill after a loud banging occurs on the door?
2. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
(a) That North Carolina was once filled with witches.
(b) That witchcraft is well documented in American history.
(c) That North Caroline has never had a single witch occupy its perimeters.
(d) That witchrcraft is not well documented in American history.
3. Who dislikes Tim's new wife?
(a) Tim's ex wife.
(c) Tim's daughter.
(d) People in the community.
4. Who still wanders through the woods according to "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(b) Saint George.
(d) No one.
5. Who is Elnora engaged to?
(a) No one.
(b) A man in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who was indicted for witchcraft in North Carolina?
2. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
3. Who sneaks a knife to his comrades in the hold of the ship?
4. What direction do Caleb and his two shipmates head?
5. Who does Seaman Brooks learn he saw on the shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the cat at the end of "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill"?
2. What is the literal white cloud in "White Cloud"?
3. Who survives the storm in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
4. Describe Caleb White.
5. What is the importance of Susannah Evans in "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill"?
6. In "Indian Gallows" what does King Cashie form in and plan to do?
7. What happens to Prince Roanoke?
8. Who is Don Carlos?
9. What happens after Elnora and Roanoke arrive in Edenton?
10. Who is Robert Austin?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)