|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Legend of Old Buck" who rescues the survivors?
(b) No one.
(c) An old white man.
(d) American troops.
2. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
(a) That witchrcraft is not well documented in American history.
(b) That witchcraft is well documented in American history.
(c) That North Carolina was once filled with witches.
(d) That North Caroline has never had a single witch occupy its perimeters.
3. What type of animal runs through the mill after a loud banging occurs on the door?
4. On what island do the events of "Indian Gallows" occur?
5. Who dislikes Tim's new wife?
(a) People in the community.
(b) Tim's daughter.
(d) Tim's ex wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Austin's meet upon their arrival?
2. What kind of tree is the tree from "Indian Gallows"?
3. What happens to the people who complain about Tim's new wife?
4. What happens if a sailor or ship does not comply with the dram tree's rules?
5. What kind of tree stands at the harbor of Edenton in "The Dram Tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the legend say Old Buck continues to look after?
2. Who is Don Carlos?
3. Who survives the storm in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
4. Describe the ending of "Currituck Jack".
5. How did the British make it difficult for American's to reach their supplies?
6. What happens to the fiance of the Indian Princess named White Cloud?
7. What happens after Elnora and Roanoke arrive in Edenton?
8. What happens to the cat at the end of "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill"?
9. What happened if one did not contribute or take a dram from the Dram Tree?
10. What happens to Bucca on the voyage to America?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)