|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tree in Edenton a landmark for?
(a) Shallow waters.
(b) Sailors to see the leaves.
(c) Sailors to see harbor.
(d) Drinks and festivity.
2. What did Seaman Brooks see on the shore?
(a) A man beckoning to the sea as if in warning.
(b) A floating head.
(c) A floating light.
(d) A man walking.
3. In what time period did the person from the legend in "The Gray Man of Hatteras" live?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) Late 1800s.
(c) Mid 1700s.
(d) The 1900s.
4. What kind of tree stands at the harbor of Edenton in "The Dram Tree"?
(a) A Pine.
(b) A Magnolia.
(c) An American Oak.
(d) A Cypress.
5. What does the dragon ask his killer to grant him mercy on?
(a) His heart.
(b) His spirit.
(c) His body.
(d) His mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bucca?
2. What island do the survivors in "The Legend of Old Buck" arrive to?
3. Who do the British think they convince to defect to their side?
4. Where is the man from who White Cloud nurses back to health from?
5. Who does Carlos take with him after his exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the legend say Old Buck continues to look after?
2. Describe Tim's new wife.
3. What happens to those in the town that do not like Tim's new wife?
4. What is the one widespread story about witchcraft in North Carolina?
5. What happens to the fiance of the Indian Princess named White Cloud?
6. Who is Polly in "Currituck Jack"?
7. What does Don Carlos want to do in America?
8. What happens to Prince Roanoke?
9. What happens to the cat at the end of "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill"?
10. What is the literal white cloud in "White Cloud"?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)