|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the girl hanged in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
(a) On a tree by the river.
(b) In the town square.
(c) At home.
(d) On the tree above her baby's grave.
2. How does the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts" feel about her situation?
(d) Very guilty.
3. What is Donald's job in the battle?
(a) He's the drummer boy.
(b) He reloads the cannons.
(c) He scouts.
(d) He reloads the amo.
4. What happens to make the rain fall in "The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake"?
(a) The Great Spirit listens to the tribe's prayers.
(b) Wacheeta's prayers.
(c) Wateesha's sacrifice.
(d) The tribe's prayers.
5. What river does the old mansion in "The Beckoning Hands" reside next to?
(a) The Chowman.
(b) The Tallahatchee.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Gum.
6. Who's homes do Joe and Josephine typically stay in?
(a) Their own.
(b) Hospitable ones.
(c) Wealthy ones.
(d) The homes of locals.
7. What does the person realize upon waking up in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(a) That the house is haunted.
(b) That he has found the missing bride, Caroline.
(c) That he needs to leave the house.
(d) That he doesn't know where he is.
8. When does the apparition always appear in the windows of the mansion?
(a) Each 4th of July.
(b) Each Easter.
(c) Each Christmas.
(d) Each New Year's.
9. How many months do the Mattamuskeet's land burn?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 14 months.
10. What color is the flower that Joe sees and begins to plant along the Outer Banks?
11. Who is Ann?
(a) Alan's late mother.
(b) Alan's sister.
(c) Alan's late daughter.
(d) Alan's cousin.
12. What is the fountain of mercy exactly?
(a) Where freshwater currents converge in the ocean's bottom.
(b) Where freshwater currents magically appeared.
(c) A delicious area in the ocean that contains less salty water.
(d) A fountain that grants mercy.
13. What happens to Caroline on her wedding day?
(a) She trips and breaks her ankle.
(b) She vanishes.
(c) She falls out a window.
(d) She leaves town.
14. What is Donald shot by?
(a) A cannon.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sling shot.
15. What does Joe use to try and make his whereabouts known?
(a) A flashing light.
(b) His lantern.
(c) His screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe's job?
2. What does Alan realize after adhering to Ann's prompts?
3. What do people begin to see close to the train station after Joe's death?
4. Who does Alan go to live with after his parents die?
5. How does the pirate die?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)