|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Beckoning Hands" what does the person dream of their first night in the mansion?
(a) Beckoning hands.
(b) A skeleton trapped.
(c) Caroline tripping and falling in a trap door.
(d) A suspicious murder.
2. What is wrong with the people in "The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake"?
(a) They are starving because the food has dried up.
(b) They are lost.
(c) They are thirsty.
(d) They are angry.
3. Who's homes do Joe and Josephine typically stay in?
(a) Wealthy ones.
(b) Their own.
(c) Hospitable ones.
(d) The homes of locals.
4. What do Joe and Josephine Bell like to spend their time doing?
(a) Planting flowers along the Outer Banks.
(b) Walk on the shore of the Outer Banks.
(c) Researching the Outer Banks.
(d) Traveling up and down the Outer Banks.
5. What war has just ended in "The Mysterious Maco Lights"?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
6. What is the name of the family Donald marries into?
7. What does Ann tell Alan to do?
(b) Drink from the fountain of mercy.
(c) Drink from the ocean.
(d) Go home.
8. What does the person realize upon waking up in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(a) That the house is haunted.
(b) That he has found the missing bride, Caroline.
(c) That he needs to leave the house.
(d) That he doesn't know where he is.
9. What do the locals of Maco welcome about the legend of the Mcao lights?
(b) A scientific explanation.
(c) A ghost story.
(d) A special on TV about it.
10. What is the land like for the Mattamuskeet Indians prior to the drought?
11. Who gets involved with the girl's situation in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
(a) No one.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her late fiance's parents.
(d) The whole town.
12. What happens to the pirate after he commits his kidnapping?
(a) He gets very ill.
(b) He is blessed.
(c) He and his family are cursed by the old woman.
(d) He dies.
13. What does Joe see after his train comes to a complete stop?
(a) Another detached caboose.
(b) An Express train.
(c) A floating light.
(d) Another train.
14. Who is Joe Baldwin?
(a) A railroad man.
(b) A railroad station operator.
(c) A railroad passenger.
(d) A railroad engineer.
15. What happens to Joe?
(a) He breaks his neck and dies.
(b) He breaks both of his legs.
(c) His body flies into the air and his head is decapitated.
(d) He is crushed on impact of the train's collision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people believe brought Alan and his grandparents's miracle?
2. When can people say they can hear the mother and baby crying for one another?
3. What does the girl give to her father in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
4. When does the apparition always appear in the windows of the mansion?
5. What happens to Caroline on her wedding day?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)