|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people begin to see close to the train station after Joe's death?
(a) A headless body.
(b) A floating light.
(c) A floating head.
(d) A floating train.
2. What happens to the pirate after he commits his kidnapping?
(a) He and his family are cursed by the old woman.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is blessed.
(d) He gets very ill.
3. What side of the war is Donald on?
4. How many months do the Mattamuskeet's land burn?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 14 months.
(d) 13 months.
5. In "The Beckoning Hands" who does the pirate want to live with?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His wife and daughter, Caroline.
(d) The old lady.
6. Where was Donald shot?
(a) His collar bone.
(b) His wrist.
(c) His chest.
(d) His shoulder.
7. How does the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts" feel about her situation?
(a) Very guilty.
8. What President does Whedbee mention experiences the mysteries of the Maco Lights?
(a) President Eisenhower.
(b) President Cleveland.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Hoover.
9. What was Frenchy's role in the Civil War from "The Queen of Sounds"?
(a) He was a Union corporal.
(b) He was a Union soldier.
(c) He was a slave.
(d) He was a Confederate corporal.
10. Who gets involved with the girl's situation in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The whole town.
(c) No one.
(d) Her late fiance's parents.
11. What war has just ended in "The Mysterious Maco Lights"?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
12. What year did Alan Scott's parents die in "The Fountain of Mercy"?
13. What do people believe brought Alan and his grandparents's miracle?
(b) Good morals.
(c) Good will.
14. What do the locals of Maco welcome about the legend of the Mcao lights?
(a) A scientific explanation.
(b) A ghost story.
(c) A special on TV about it.
15. What part of the train does Joe ride on?
(a) The middle.
(b) The caboose.
(c) The cabin.
(d) The front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frenchy begin to attempt to contact obsessively?
2. How does Donald finally reach America after his ship wrecks?
3. What happens to Caroline on her wedding day?
4. What does Frenchy invest in?
5. Who does Alan go to live with after his parents die?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)