|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person find after waking in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(b) A mysterious note.
(c) A gun and bloody cloth.
(d) A trapdoor with a skeleton occupying its sealed room below.
2. Who's homes do Joe and Josephine typically stay in?
(a) Their own.
(b) The homes of locals.
(c) Wealthy ones.
(d) Hospitable ones.
3. What do people say can still be heard at the end of "The Queen of Sounds"?
(a) The casino.
(b) A saxophone.
(c) A piano playing.
4. What year did the battle between England and Scotland occur in "Rodanthe's Drum of Old Christmas"?
5. Where is the train near when Joe's caboose becomes detached from the train?
(a) Macky Station.
(b) Macky County.
(c) Maco County.
(d) Maco Station.
6. What is the mansion from "The Beckoning Hands" connected to?
(a) The shore.
(b) The road.
(c) The town's hall.
7. In "The Core Point Ghosts" what does the girl do as a result of her emotions?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Murders her baby.
(c) Hurts herself and the baby.
(d) Leaves town.
8. When can people say they can hear the mother and baby crying for one another?
(a) On the anniversary of the baby's death.
(b) On nights with a full moon.
(c) Every spring.
(d) On the anniversary of the girl's death.
9. What do the locals of Maco welcome about the legend of the Mcao lights?
(a) A scientific explanation.
(b) A ghost story.
(d) A special on TV about it.
10. What overwhelms the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
(a) Her guilt.
(b) Her shame.
(c) Her relief.
(d) Her postpartum depression.
11. What happens to make the rain fall in "The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake"?
(a) Wateesha's sacrifice.
(b) The Great Spirit listens to the tribe's prayers.
(c) The tribe's prayers.
(d) Wacheeta's prayers.
12. What do the Mattamuskeet's decide they must do in order to be blessed with rain?
(a) Meditate quietly.
(b) Pray constantly.
(c) Move elsewhere.
(d) Sacrifice one of their people.
13. What does Caroline's mother die from?
14. Who does Frenchy begin to date in "The Queen of Sounds"?
(a) A young singer.
(b) A young dancer.
(c) A witch.
(d) An old lady.
15. Who does Frenchy begin to attempt to contact obsessively?
(a) His late wife.
(c) His late parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months do the Mattamuskeet's land burn?
2. How does the girl in "The Core Point Ghosts" feel about her situation?
3. What does Josephine ask Joe to do?
4. What happens to Alan and his grandparents on their way to Jamestown?
5. Where is the girl hanged in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)