|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry Redwine?
(a) Elnora's fiance.
(b) Elnora's brother.
(c) Roanoke's father.
(d) Roanoke's brother.
2. What does Tim Farrow do for a living?
(a) Raise crops.
(c) Operates a mill.
(d) Minister to others.
3. Who does Carlos take with him after his exile?
(a) His bull.
(b) His parents.
(c) His family.
(d) His family and bull.
4. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
(a) He does not give a reason.
(b) The people of North Caroline ignored it.
(c) The people of North Carolina had more sense than that.
(d) He does not suggest that about North Carolina.
5. Where is the man from who White Cloud nurses back to health from?
6. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
(a) That North Carolina was once filled with witches.
(b) That North Caroline has never had a single witch occupy its perimeters.
(c) That witchrcraft is not well documented in American history.
(d) That witchcraft is well documented in American history.
7. When does the dram tree's existence end?
8. Who is tied to the deck face up, while the freezing rain pours down?
9. How does Tim respond to people's complaints about his wife?
(a) He gets angry.
(c) He laughs and defends her.
(d) He brushes the comments aside.
10. Who is aboard the ship with Caleb in "Currituck Jack"?
(a) Jack and Samson.
(b) Sam and Chuck.
(c) Chuck and Jack.
(d) Sam and Jack.
11. Where does the dragon's spirit move to, upon having his mercy granted?
(a) The New World.
12. Who dislikes Tim's new wife?
(a) Tim's ex wife.
(b) People in the community.
(c) Tim's daughter.
13. What is White Cloud's dying wish?
(a) For her fiance to kiss her.
(b) For her lover to continue traveling.
(c) To always be able to watch for her lover's return.
(d) For her askes to be tossed at sea.
14. What was the name of the woman who was indicted for witchcraft in North Carolina?
(a) Susie Evan.
(b) Susannah Evans.
(c) Evans Sez.
(d) Suzanne Ivans.
15. Who does Seaman Brooks learn he saw on the shore?
(a) His own self.
(b) The Gray Man of Hatteras.
(c) His future.
(d) The Beckoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is White Cloud?
2. What town do Elnora and Roanoke make it to?
3. What do sailors keep in the dram tree?
4. Who makes it hard for the colonists to reach their war supplies in "Currituck Jack"?
5. How long do the two ships in "Currituck Jack"chase each other?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)