|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Austin's meet upon their arrival?
(a) No one.
(b) John Smith.
(c) The Tuscacora Indians.
(d) The Tuscaloogee Indians.
2. Who is Henry Redwine?
(a) Elnora's fiance.
(b) Elnora's brother.
(c) Roanoke's brother.
(d) Roanoke's father.
3. Who does Carlos fall out of favor with?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The King of Scotland.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The King of England.
4. How does Tim die?
(a) He starves to death.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He accidentally cuts his own self with an axe.
(d) He drowns.
5. Who is tied to the deck face up, while the freezing rain pours down?
6. What must a ship do upon leaving the harbor in "The Dram Tree"?
(a) Tap the tree.
(b) Hug the tree.
(c) Take a dram from the tree's trunk.
(d) Take a bottle from the tree's trunk.
7. When do most people claim they are able to see the figure beckoning on the shore?
(a) When someone is about to die.
(b) When a storm approaches.
(c) At all times.
(d) When a storm settles.
8. In what time period did the person from the legend in "The Gray Man of Hatteras" live?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) Late 1800s.
(c) Mid 1700s.
(d) The 1900s.
9. How does Tim respond to people's complaints about his wife?
(a) He laughs and defends her.
(b) He brushes the comments aside.
(d) He gets angry.
10. What conditions do Elnora and Roanoke travel in?
(a) By night and river.
(b) By day and foot.
(c) By day and river.
(d) By night and by mule.
11. What does Carlos plan to do when he arrives to his future destination?
(a) Open his own restaurant.
(b) Join the Romanian army.
(c) Begin Bullfighting in the New World.
(d) Become a chef.
12. Who is Elnora engaged to?
(c) No one.
(d) A man in Europe.
13. Who survives the voyage in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(a) Bucca and Carlos.
(c) Carlos and his wife.
(d) Bucca and the two young sailors.
14. What is Caleb White described as?
(a) A Shaker.
(b) A Quaker.
(c) An army officer.
(d) A Baptist minister.
15. Who still wanders through the woods according to "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(c) Saint George.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ship become caught in, in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
2. What kind of tree is the tree from "Indian Gallows"?
3. What is the tree in Edenton a landmark for?
4. What island do the survivors in "The Legend of Old Buck" arrive to?
5. Who is Bucca?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)