|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Seaman Brooks got to the shore?
(a) The light vanished.
(b) He was swept into the current.
(c) The man ran away.
(d) The figure disappeared.
2. What color is the item that Caleb helps build for the war?
3. Who do the Austin's meet upon their arrival?
(a) John Smith.
(b) No one.
(c) The Tuscacora Indians.
(d) The Tuscaloogee Indians.
4. Who is Elnora?
(a) Roanoke's fiance.
(b) Robert's daughter.
(c) Robert's wife.
(d) Roanoke's wife.
5. Who do the British think they convince to defect to their side?
6. What kind of tree is the tree from "Indian Gallows"?
(a) A Magnolia.
(b) A Dogwood.
(c) An American Oak.
(d) A Maple.
7. What does the Arctic current collide with to form a white cloud in the ocean water?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Gulf Stream.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
8. What happens to the people who complain about Tim's new wife?
(a) They are never seen again.
(b) They get very ill.
(c) They all leave town.
(d) They get sick and die.
9. What does King Cashie plan to do with his group?
(a) Slaughter all the white settlers.
(b) Slaughter Roanoke.
(c) Slaughter the white children.
(d) Slaughter the white men.
10. Where is the only other widespread North Carolinian story about witches set in?
(a) At The Brownrigg Mill.
(b) In the mansion of Brownrigg.
(c) On Colington Island.
(d) On Hatteras Island.
11. Who is aboard the ship with Caleb in "Currituck Jack"?
(a) Sam and Jack.
(b) Jack and Samson.
(c) Sam and Chuck.
(d) Chuck and Jack.
12. What is the British ship's name?
(a) Polly Anna.
13. How long do the two ships in "Currituck Jack"chase each other?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day only.
(c) A day or 2.
(d) 3 or 4 days.
14. Where is Carlos exiled to?
(c) The New World.
15. What did the grand jury write on the indictment papers to dismiss the woman who was accused of witchcraft in North Carolina?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Caleb and his shipmates finally make it safely to?
2. What do sailors keep in the dram tree?
3. What direction do Caleb and his two shipmates head?
4. Where does the dragon's spirit move to, upon having his mercy granted?
5. In "The Legend of Old Buck" who does the person that continues to inhabit the woods specifically watch over?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)