|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 9. The Jobellflower & 10. Rodanthe's Drum of Old Christmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person realize upon waking up in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(a) That he needs to leave the house.
(b) That he has found the missing bride, Caroline.
(c) That the house is haunted.
(d) That he doesn't know where he is.
2. What year did the battle between England and Scotland occur in "Rodanthe's Drum of Old Christmas"?
3. Who does Carlos take with him after his exile?
(a) His bull.
(b) His family and bull.
(c) His family.
(d) His parents.
4. What happens to Robert Austin and his family?
(a) They arrive safely on the mainland.
(b) They set sail to the East Indies.
(c) They are shipwrecked on Coney Island.
(d) They are shipwrecked on Colington Island.
5. When does the apparition always appear in the windows of the mansion?
(a) Each 4th of July.
(b) Each Easter.
(c) Each Christmas.
(d) Each New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the pirate after he commits his kidnapping?
2. What did the grand jury write on the indictment papers to dismiss the woman who was accused of witchcraft in North Carolina?
3. Who is tied to the deck face up, while the freezing rain pours down?
4. What kind of tree stands at the harbor of Edenton in "The Dram Tree"?
5. In "The Beckoning Hands" what does the person dream of their first night in the mansion?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)