|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 7. The Legend of Old Buck.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tied to the deck face up, while the freezing rain pours down?
2. What does the ship become caught in, in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A thunder storm.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A thick fog.
3. What kind of tree stands at the harbor of Edenton in "The Dram Tree"?
(a) A Pine.
(b) A Cypress.
(c) An American Oak.
(d) A Magnolia.
4. What happens to Robert Austin and his family?
(a) They set sail to the East Indies.
(b) They arrive safely on the mainland.
(c) They are shipwrecked on Coney Island.
(d) They are shipwrecked on Colington Island.
5. Who is Henry Redwine?
(a) Elnora's brother.
(b) Elnora's fiance.
(c) Roanoke's brother.
(d) Roanoke's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal runs through the mill after a loud banging occurs on the door?
2. Who does the British ship come into contact with?
3. Who is White Cloud?
4. What do the branches of the tree form in "Indian Gallows"?
5. In what year do Seaman Brooks and his Coast Guard warn the public about an upcoming hurricane?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)