|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3. The Affair at Brownrigg Mill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time period did the person from the legend in "The Gray Man of Hatteras" live?
(a) The 1900s.
(b) The 1800s.
(c) Late 1800s.
(d) Mid 1700s.
2. What must a ship do upon leaving the harbor in "The Dram Tree"?
(a) Tap the tree.
(b) Take a dram from the tree's trunk.
(c) Take a bottle from the tree's trunk.
(d) Hug the tree.
3. What coast were Seaman Brooks and his crew sailing?
(a) Island Hatteras.
(b) Hatteras Island.
(c) Cape Hatteras.
(d) Cape Nantucket.
4. How old is the tree in "Indian Gallows"?
(a) 200 years old.
(b) 300 years old.
(c) 100 years old.
(d) 30 years old.
5. What kind of tree is the tree from "Indian Gallows"?
(a) A Magnolia.
(b) A Dogwood.
(c) A Maple.
(d) An American Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elnora?
2. How does Tim die?
3. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
4. What happened to end the existence of the dram tree?
5. What do sailors keep in the dram tree?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)