|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3. The Affair at Brownrigg Mill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
(a) The people of North Carolina had more sense than that.
(b) He does not give a reason.
(c) He does not suggest that about North Carolina.
(d) The people of North Caroline ignored it.
2. How old is the tree in "Indian Gallows"?
(a) 100 years old.
(b) 200 years old.
(c) 300 years old.
(d) 30 years old.
3. What color eyes does the traveler on the canoe have?
(a) Emerald green.
(c) Aqua blue.
4. Who do the Austin's meet upon their arrival?
(a) John Smith.
(b) No one.
(c) The Tuscacora Indians.
(d) The Tuscaloogee Indians.
5. What must a ship do upon leaving the harbor in "The Dram Tree"?
(a) Hug the tree.
(b) Take a bottle from the tree's trunk.
(c) Tap the tree.
(d) Take a dram from the tree's trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
2. What happens if a sailor or ship does not comply with the dram tree's rules?
3. What was the name of the woman who was indicted for witchcraft in North Carolina?
4. Who is Henry Redwine?
5. What did Seaman Brooks see on the shore?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)