|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3. The Affair at Brownrigg Mill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Robert Austin and his family?
(a) They set sail to the East Indies.
(b) They are shipwrecked on Colington Island.
(c) They arrive safely on the mainland.
(d) They are shipwrecked on Coney Island.
2. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
(a) He does not give a reason.
(b) He does not suggest that about North Carolina.
(c) The people of North Carolina had more sense than that.
(d) The people of North Caroline ignored it.
3. How does the woman speak to Tim's daughter?
4. What does Tim use to defend himself from the attacking animals?
(a) A gun.
(b) An axe.
(c) A knife.
(d) A razor.
5. Where is the only other widespread North Carolinian story about witches set in?
(a) In the mansion of Brownrigg.
(b) On Colington Island.
(c) At The Brownrigg Mill.
(d) On Hatteras Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the tree in "Indian Gallows"?
2. Who is Elnora engaged to?
3. What town do Elnora and Roanoke make it to?
4. How does Tim respond to people's complaints about his wife?
5. Who is White Cloud?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)