|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2. The Gray Man of Hatteras, 4. The Little White Cloud, & 5. The Dram Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elnora engaged to?
(a) No one.
(b) A man in Europe.
2. What is White Cloud's dying wish?
(a) To always be able to watch for her lover's return.
(b) For her askes to be tossed at sea.
(c) For her lover to continue traveling.
(d) For her fiance to kiss her.
3. What happens if a sailor or ship does not comply with the dram tree's rules?
(a) They will forever be thirsty.
(b) Bad luck will befall them.
(c) They will go hungry.
4. What must a ship do upon leaving the harbor in "The Dram Tree"?
(a) Hug the tree.
(b) Take a bottle from the tree's trunk.
(c) Tap the tree.
(d) Take a dram from the tree's trunk.
5. On what island do the events of "Indian Gallows" occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tree in Edenton a landmark for?
2. Who do the Austin's meet upon their arrival?
3. What town do Elnora and Roanoke make it to?
4. What did Seaman Brooks see on the shore?
5. Who is Elnora?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)