|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2. The Gray Man of Hatteras, 4. The Little White Cloud, & 5. The Dram Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to end the existence of the dram tree?
(a) It was cut down.
(b) An ice storm's advancing flow snapped its roots.
(c) Nothing it still exists.
(d) A hurricane uprooted it.
2. Who is Elnora engaged to?
(a) A man in Europe.
(d) No one.
3. In what time period did the person from the legend in "The Gray Man of Hatteras" live?
(a) The 1900s.
(b) Mid 1700s.
(c) The 1800s.
(d) Late 1800s.
4. What coast were Seaman Brooks and his crew sailing?
(a) Cape Nantucket.
(b) Cape Hatteras.
(c) Island Hatteras.
(d) Hatteras Island.
5. What conditions do Elnora and Roanoke travel in?
(a) By day and river.
(b) By night and river.
(c) By day and foot.
(d) By night and by mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is White Cloud's dying wish?
2. What does King Cashie plan to do with his group?
3. Who do the Austin's meet upon their arrival?
4. What happens if a sailor or ship does not comply with the dram tree's rules?
5. When does the dram tree's existence end?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)