|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12. The Mysterious Maco Lights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the branches of the tree form in "Indian Gallows"?
(a) A doorway.
(b) An arch.
(c) A hand.
(d) A heart.
2. What does the Maco Station change after Joe's accident?
(a) Their lights to colored ones.
(b) Their conductor's light exertion.
(c) Their tracks.
(d) Their trains.
3. Who does Tim see emerging on a canoe down the river?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A slave.
(c) A man.
(d) An elderly woman.
4. Why does Donald leave to go to America?
(a) He must escape England.
(b) He does not want to battle anymoe.
(c) He's following his love.
(d) He wants a new start.
5. What is Joe's job?
(a) He's a janitor.
(b) He's a train engineer.
(c) He's a train conductor.
(d) He's a retired war veteran.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman speak to Tim's daughter?
2. What does Joe use to try and make his whereabouts known?
3. What does the author presume about the reader's and the lights in "The Mysterious Maco Lights"?
4. What do the police never find as a result of the accident?
5. In "The Legend of Old Buck" who does the person that continues to inhabit the woods specifically watch over?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)