|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3. The Affair at Brownrigg Mill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tree in Edenton a landmark for?
(a) Shallow waters.
(b) Drinks and festivity.
(c) Sailors to see the leaves.
(d) Sailors to see harbor.
2. How does the woman speak to Tim's daughter?
3. Who does Tim see emerging on a canoe down the river?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A slave.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A man.
4. What does Tim notice about the mill?
(a) It is locked.
(b) Someone has been sabatoging it.
(c) It is very hot.
(d) It smells very foul.
5. Who is White Cloud?
(a) A young English maiden.
(b) An Indian Princess.
(c) The heart of the ocean.
(d) The face of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a ship do upon leaving the harbor in "The Dram Tree"?
2. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
3. What do the branches of the tree form in "Indian Gallows"?
4. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
5. What conditions do Elnora and Roanoke travel in?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)