|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3. The Affair at Brownrigg Mill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tree in Edenton a landmark for?
(a) Shallow waters.
(b) Drinks and festivity.
(c) Sailors to see the leaves.
(d) Sailors to see harbor.
2. What surprises Tim about the traveler on the canoe?
(a) He was actually a freed man.
(b) She was quite pretty for being so old.
(c) She was actually young and beautiful.
(d) She was in the army.
3. What is White Cloud's dying wish?
(a) For her askes to be tossed at sea.
(b) For her lover to continue traveling.
(c) To always be able to watch for her lover's return.
(d) For her fiance to kiss her.
4. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
(a) That North Carolina was once filled with witches.
(b) That witchcraft is well documented in American history.
(c) That witchrcraft is not well documented in American history.
(d) That North Caroline has never had a single witch occupy its perimeters.
5. When does the dram tree's existence end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What coast were Seaman Brooks and his crew sailing?
2. Who does Tim see emerging on a canoe down the river?
3. Who does Seaman Brooks learn he saw on the shore?
4. How old is the tree in "Indian Gallows"?
5. What town do Elnora and Roanoke make it to?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)