|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8. The Beckoning Hands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is thrown into the hold of Fame?
(a) Jack and Sam.
(b) Caleb and Jack.
(c) Sam and Chuck.
(d) Caleb and Sam.
2. What does Caleb begin to help build for the colonial troops?
(a) A gun.
(b) A house.
(c) A ship.
(d) A cannon.
3. Where must the dragon promise never to return if he is awarded his mercy?
4. What was the name of the woman who was indicted for witchcraft in North Carolina?
(a) Susie Evan.
(b) Susannah Evans.
(c) Suzanne Ivans.
(d) Evans Sez.
5. What did Seaman Brooks see on the shore?
(a) A man walking.
(b) A man beckoning to the sea as if in warning.
(c) A floating light.
(d) A floating head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is tied to the deck face up, while the freezing rain pours down?
2. Where do Caleb and his shipmates finally make it safely to?
3. What is the tree in Edenton a landmark for?
4. What is Caleb White described as?
5. What does Tim Farrow do for a living?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)