|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8. The Beckoning Hands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is White Cloud?
(a) An Indian Princess.
(b) The heart of the ocean.
(c) A young English maiden.
(d) The face of the sea.
2. What do sailors keep in the dram tree?
(a) Apple cidar.
3. What happens when Seaman Brooks got to the shore?
(a) He was swept into the current.
(b) The light vanished.
(c) The figure disappeared.
(d) The man ran away.
4. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
(a) That North Carolina was once filled with witches.
(b) That witchrcraft is not well documented in American history.
(c) That North Caroline has never had a single witch occupy its perimeters.
(d) That witchcraft is well documented in American history.
5. What does the person realize upon waking up in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(a) That the house is haunted.
(b) That he has found the missing bride, Caroline.
(c) That he doesn't know where he is.
(d) That he needs to leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does "The Legend of Old Buck" give credit to killing the dragon?
2. In what year do Seaman Brooks and his Coast Guard warn the public about an upcoming hurricane?
3. Who is Bucca?
4. How does Tim respond to people's complaints about his wife?
5. What eventually happens to the ship in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)