|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8. The Beckoning Hands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tied to the deck face up, while the freezing rain pours down?
2. Who is honored by the Continental Congress?
3. What did Seaman Brooks see on the shore?
(a) A man walking.
(b) A floating light.
(c) A floating head.
(d) A man beckoning to the sea as if in warning.
4. Who comes to stay at the mansion in "The Beckoning Hands"?
(a) A man who wants to investigate the apparition.
(b) The old lady who cursed the pirate and his family.
(c) An old couple.
(d) A new owner.
5. Who is aboard the ship with Caleb in "Currituck Jack"?
(a) Sam and Chuck.
(b) Jack and Samson.
(c) Chuck and Jack.
(d) Sam and Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sneaks a knife to his comrades in the hold of the ship?
2. How does the pirate die?
3. What type of animal runs through the mill after a loud banging occurs on the door?
4. What color eyes does the traveler on the canoe have?
5. What does Tim Farrow do for a living?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)