|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11. The Core Point Ghosts, & 13. The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Mattamuskeet Indians try to please?
(b) The next village.
(c) Mother Nature.
(d) The Great Spirit.
2. What did the grand jury write on the indictment papers to dismiss the woman who was accused of witchcraft in North Carolina?
3. What do the Mattamuskeet's decide they must do in order to be blessed with rain?
(a) Pray constantly.
(b) Meditate quietly.
(c) Move elsewhere.
(d) Sacrifice one of their people.
4. What does the girl confess to her parents in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
(a) That she wanted her fiance to die.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is sick.
(d) That she did not want to get married.
5. What was the name of the woman who was indicted for witchcraft in North Carolina?
(a) Susannah Evans.
(b) Suzanne Ivans.
(c) Evans Sez.
(d) Susie Evan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tim notice about the mill?
2. What happens to make the rain fall in "The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake"?
3. What does Tim use to defend himself from the attacking animals?
4. Who is killed in battle in "The Core Point Ghosts"?
5. Who does Tim see emerging on a canoe down the river?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)