|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11. The Core Point Ghosts, & 13. The Legend of Mattamuskeet Lake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Whedbee give for North Carolina being virtually witch free?
(a) The people of North Caroline ignored it.
(b) The people of North Carolina had more sense than that.
(c) He does not give a reason.
(d) He does not suggest that about North Carolina.
2. What information does Whedbee begin "The Affair at Brownrigg Mill" with?
(a) That witchcraft is well documented in American history.
(b) That North Caroline has never had a single witch occupy its perimeters.
(c) That North Carolina was once filled with witches.
(d) That witchrcraft is not well documented in American history.
3. Who is Prince Pamlico?
(a) A strong man in the tribe.
(b) The chosen Indian, the Mattamuskeet;'s have decided to be sacrificed.
(c) A young boy in the tribe.
(d) The future chief of the Mattamuskeet's.
4. In "The Legend of Old Buck" who does the person that continues to inhabit the woods specifically watch over?
(a) The crops.
(b) The children.
(c) The weather.
(d) The parents.
5. What does the ship become caught in, in "The Legend of Old Buck"?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A thick fog.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A thunder storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island do the survivors in "The Legend of Old Buck" arrive to?
2. Who does Carlos fall out of favor with?
3. What does Tim notice about the mill?
4. Who pleads for Prince Pamlico's life?
5. What did the grand jury write on the indictment papers to dismiss the woman who was accused of witchcraft in North Carolina?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)