|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dooley crash his truck?
2. What company is interested in the rectory?
3. What does Thomas Kendall want from Father Tim?
4. Who makes an offer on Father Tim's house?
5. Why is Cynthia angry about the interest in the rectory by the company in #122?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes control of the situation when Father Tim's dog, Barnabas, is hit by a car?
2. What does Bishop Cullen advise Father Tim to do regarding what Father Tim knows about Mack's campaign?
3. What request does Thomas Kendall have for Father Tim regarding Winnie?
4. Why does Buck Leeper decide to leave town suddenly?
5. What does Father Tim learn about the ownership of H. Tide and Miami Development Company?
6. What car does Father Tim see while he is out jogging and why does it unnerve him?
7. How did Andrew meet his new bride?
8. Why might Father Tim be forced to move from the rectory prior to his retirement?
9. What advice does Father Tim have for Buck regarding his drinking and what is Buck's response?
10. Who has agreed to teach Dooley to drive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Winnie. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Winnie?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Father Harley. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Father Harley?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)