|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in town gets the credit for bringing the Miami Development group into town?
2. Who drives Father Tim to the store?
3. Who does Father Tim find himself thinking about as Cynthia plans their Christmas morning?
4. What is the result of the mayoral vote recount?
5. What does Winnie ask Father Tim to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does Thomas Kendall have for Father Tim regarding Winnie?
2. Who is Thomas Kendall and how did Winnie meet him?
3. Why does Buck return to town to ask Father Tim's advice?
4. What does Father Tim learn about the ownership of H. Tide and Miami Development Company?
5. What are Andrew's plans for Fernbank?
6. Why is Father Tim conflicted over Edith backing Mack's mayoral campaign?
7. Who has agreed to teach Dooley to drive?
8. What might be a help for Father Tim regarding the purchase of the rectory by H. Tide?
9. Why does Father Tim feel compelled to check out Edith's connection to Mack's campaign?
10. What good news does Father Tim receive regarding Joe, Winnie's brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Cynthia. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Cynthia?
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Father Harley. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Father Harley?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)