|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Esther promised to give up if she won the coin toss?
2. What does Father Tim do in support of Winnie?
3. What does Father Tim learn about Andrew when Andrew returns to town?
4. Who does Father Tim find himself thinking about as Cynthia plans their Christmas morning?
5. What does Father Tim buy Cynthia for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Father Tim be forced to move from the rectory prior to his retirement?
2. What is part of the agreement of the sale of Winnie's shop?
3. Who does Father Tim suspect of being behind Mack Stroupe's mayoral campaign?
4. What are Andrew's plans for Fernbank?
5. What request does Thomas Kendall have for Father Tim regarding Winnie?
6. Why does Esther Bolick's accident wreak havoc on the food committee of the Bane and Blessing event?
7. Who has agreed to teach Dooley to drive?
8. What does Bishop Cullen advise Father Tim to do regarding what Father Tim knows about Mack's campaign?
9. Why is Winnie conflicted about selling her business and moving to Tennessee?
10. Why does Buck Leeper decide to leave town suddenly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Father Tim and Mack Sprogue. Both men have influence over the town of Mitford but in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Father Tim. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Father Tim?
Essay Topic 3
Faith is an important theme in OUT TO CANAAN. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)