|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Father Tim show around Cynthia's house?
2. How long has Father Tim lived in the rectory?
3. What is the name of Father Tim's dog?
4. Who does Father Tim find himself thinking about as Cynthia plans their Christmas morning?
5. On what topic does Dooley know more than Father Tim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Father Tim suspect of being behind Mack Stroupe's mayoral campaign?
2. What car does Father Tim see while he is out jogging and why does it unnerve him?
3. Why is Father Tim doubly relieved when Andrew buys Fernbank?
4. What does Father Tim advise Winnie to do regarding the sale of her business?
5. Why does Buck Leeper decide to leave town suddenly?
6. How did Andrew meet his new bride?
7. What might be a help for Father Tim regarding the purchase of the rectory by H. Tide?
8. What are Andrew's plans for Fernbank?
9. What request does Thomas Kendall have for Father Tim regarding Winnie?
10. How does Father Tim realize that Pauline is drunk and what does he do in the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Karon choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Father Tim's life. Will Harley and Lace still be present in his life? What is Dooley's life like? What role does Buck play in Father Tim's life? Explain.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)