|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else makes an offer to buy Father Tim's rectory?
2. Who is Father Tim's old nemesis that he dreams of?
3. What is the result of the mayoral vote recount?
4. Where does Father Tim invite Buck to go?
5. Winnie has signed a contract with which company regarding the sale of her bakery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is part of the agreement of the sale of Winnie's shop?
2. What request does Thomas Kendall have for Father Tim regarding Winnie?
3. What advice does Father Tim have for Buck regarding his drinking and what is Buck's response?
4. Why does Father Tim feel compelled to check out Edith's connection to Mack's campaign?
5. Who takes control of the situation when Father Tim's dog, Barnabas, is hit by a car?
6. What surprise does Andrew have when he returns from Europe?
7. What does Father Tim advise Winnie to do regarding the sale of her business?
8. What is the welcome news that Father Tim receives during the signing of the contracts for the Fernbank sale?
9. What does Father Tim learn about the ownership of H. Tide and Miami Development Company?
10. Why is there no clear winner in the mayoral race and how does the town address the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Father Tim. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Father Tim?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of compassion? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Father Tim's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Winnie. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Winnie?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)