|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Father Tim inherit?
2. What is the weather like as Father Tim goes to the store?
3. Who drives Father Tim to the store?
4. Who in town gets the credit for bringing the Miami Development group into town?
5. Who else makes an offer to buy Father Tim's rectory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has agreed to teach Dooley to drive?
2. What request does Thomas Kendall have for Father Tim regarding Winnie?
3. Why is there no clear winner in the mayoral race and how does the town address the situation?
4. What is Father Tim's state of mind as the novel ends on Christmas Eve?
5. Why is Father Tim doubly relieved when Andrew buys Fernbank?
6. Why might Father Tim be forced to move from the rectory prior to his retirement?
7. Why is Father Tim conflicted over Edith backing Mack's mayoral campaign?
8. Who does Father Tim suspect of being behind Mack Stroupe's mayoral campaign?
9. What does Father Tim advise Winnie to do regarding the sale of her business?
10. What good news does Father Tim receive regarding Joe, Winnie's brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Father Tim and Mack Sprogue. Both men have influence over the town of Mitford but in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Father Tim. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Father Tim?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)