|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic does Dooley know more than Father Tim?
2. What does Father Tim urge Winnie to do regarding her business?
3. Who takes Father Tim flying over an isolated house?
4. How many cakes does the food committee need to bake?
5. What does Thomas Kendall want from Father Tim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Father Tim's state of mind as the novel ends on Christmas Eve?
2. Who is Thomas Kendall and how did Winnie meet him?
3. Why is Winnie conflicted about selling her business and moving to Tennessee?
4. What are Andrew's plans for Fernbank?
5. Why does Father Tim feel compelled to check out Edith's connection to Mack's campaign?
6. What might be a help for Father Tim regarding the purchase of the rectory by H. Tide?
7. Why does Esther Bolick's accident wreak havoc on the food committee of the Bane and Blessing event?
8. What is part of the agreement of the sale of Winnie's shop?
9. What surprise does Andrew have when he returns from Europe?
10. What does Father Tim learn about the ownership of H. Tide and Miami Development Company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father Tim seems to have many roles in his role as pastor. Name two roles he fills and gives examples of how he fulfills those roles and the people he impacts.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Faith is an important theme in OUT TO CANAAN. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)