|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas Kendall?
2. Who is going to accompany Winnie on her trip?
3. Where does Father Tim invite Buck to go?
4. On what topic does Dooley know more than Father Tim?
5. What does Winnie ask Father Tim to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might be a help for Father Tim regarding the purchase of the rectory by H. Tide?
2. What does Bishop Cullen advise Father Tim to do regarding what Father Tim knows about Mack's campaign?
3. Why might Father Tim be forced to move from the rectory prior to his retirement?
4. Who takes control of the situation when Father Tim's dog, Barnabas, is hit by a car?
5. What is the welcome news that Father Tim receives during the signing of the contracts for the Fernbank sale?
6. What car does Father Tim see while he is out jogging and why does it unnerve him?
7. Who is Thomas Kendall and how did Winnie meet him?
8. Why is there no clear winner in the mayoral race and how does the town address the situation?
9. Who does Father Tim suspect of being behind Mack Stroupe's mayoral campaign?
10. What advice does Father Tim have for Buck regarding his drinking and what is Buck's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father Tim seems to have many roles in his role as pastor. Name two roles he fills and gives examples of how he fulfills those roles and the people he impacts.
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Does Karon end the story on a note of hope for Father Tim or the continuance of his struggles to minister to a community of different people and all their problems? Gve your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)