|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Pauline get?
2. Who is Pauline Barlowe?
3. Mitford is a fictional town located in what state?
4. Where does Dooley have a summer job lined up?
5. Who is the director of Hope House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father Tim show compassion toward Harley?
2. Who does Father Tim allow to cut his hair and who has to fix it?
3. What does Father Tim find out about Pauline Barlowe's daughter, Jessie?
4. Who is Lace Turner and how is Father Tim involved in her life?
5. Other than their low bid, why does Father Tim not want Miami Development Company to buy Fernbank?
6. What job does Father Tim hear about that would be perfect for Pauline?
7. What accident befalls Father Tim when he goes to the beauty salon?
8. Who is Buck Leeper and what will he be doing for the church?
9. What are Father Tim's concerns about the mayoral race and in what way does he get involved?
10. Who is Miami Development Company and why does Father Tim get irritated with them as he shows them around Fernbank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Cynthia. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Cynthia?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Father Tim's life. Will Harley and Lace still be present in his life? What is Dooley's life like? What role does Buck play in Father Tim's life? Explain.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)