|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is heading up the Bane and Blessing charity sale?
2. Where is Harley living now?
3. What piece of furniture does Cynthia ask Father Tim to move for the party?
4. Where has Father Tim been a rector for many years?
5. How old was Jessie when Dooley last saw her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Buck Leeper's return to Mitford not necessarily a good thing?
2. What does Harley do in exchange for living in Father Tim's basement apartment?
3. Who does Father Tim allow to cut his hair and who has to fix it?
4. Who is Harley Welch and how does Father Tim try to help him?
5. Why does Winnie Ivy say she wants to sell her bakery and move out of town?
6. Other than their low bid, why does Father Tim not want Miami Development Company to buy Fernbank?
7. What does Father Tim find out about Pauline Barlowe's daughter, Jessie?
8. Who is Dooley?
9. What medical condition does Pauline's cousin, Rhody, have and what assistance does Father Tim provide?
10. What accident befalls Father Tim when he goes to the beauty salon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Father Tim's life. Will Harley and Lace still be present in his life? What is Dooley's life like? What role does Buck play in Father Tim's life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Father Tim and Mack Sprogue. Both men have influence over the town of Mitford but in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Does Karon end the story on a note of hope for Father Tim or the continuance of his struggles to minister to a community of different people and all their problems? Gve your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)