|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bishop comes for a visit with Father Tim?
(a) Bishop Edward Welch.
(b) Bishop William McEntire.
(c) Bishop Seth Jones.
(d) Bishop Stuart Cullen.
2. Who takes credit for the sale of Fernbank?
(d) Father Tim.
3. Why is Cynthia angry about the interest in the rectory by the company in #122?
(a) They will tear down all the trees.
(b) They want to turn it into a coffee shop.
(c) They want to raze the house.
(d) Father Tim's family will be forced to move.
4. What is Winnie's position about her business?
(a) She is moving the business.
(b) She is expanding the business.
(c) She has sold the business.
(d) She is re-thinking her decision to sell.
5. What does Father Tim talk Cynthia into?
(a) Learning to scuba dive.
(b) Taking an extended vacation.
(c) Singing in church.
(d) Renting her house to Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize does Winnie win for writing a story?
2. What does Father Tim think about telling Dooley but then changes his mind?
3. Who takes Father Tim flying over an isolated house?
4. Which family member of Andrew's wife has come to America with Andrew and his wife?
5. What color is Cynthia's little house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Tim learn about the ownership of H. Tide and Miami Development Company?
2. Why does Buck Leeper decide to leave town suddenly?
3. What good news does Father Tim receive regarding Joe, Winnie's brother?
4. Who has agreed to teach Dooley to drive?
5. What is part of the agreement of the sale of Winnie's shop?
6. Who takes control of the situation when Father Tim's dog, Barnabas, is hit by a car?
7. What is Father Tim's state of mind as the novel ends on Christmas Eve?
8. Why is there no clear winner in the mayoral race and how does the town address the situation?
9. What car does Father Tim see while he is out jogging and why does it unnerve him?
10. How did Andrew meet his new bride?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)