|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Tim ask Harley to do?
(a) Fix Esther's car.
(b) Give him a ride to town.
(c) Go to night school.
(d) Give Dooley driving lessons.
2. What will Winnie do after the sale of her bakery?
(b) Open a flower shop.
(c) Go back to college.
(d) Stay on as manager.
3. Where suggestion does Father Tim make for Puny?
(a) She sing at Sunday services.
(b) She take her twins to day care.
(c) She take night classes.
(d) She organize a church fundraiser.
4. Who makes an offer on Father Tim's house?
(a) Miami Development.
(b) H. Tide.
(d) Signature Management Corp.
5. Who is the friend of Miss Sadie's who is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Father Tim find drunk in the little yellow house?
2. Who takes credit for the sale of Fernbank?
3. What is Father Tim's state of mind as the novel ends?
4. From whom did Father Tim inherit money?
5. Where does Father Tim take Dooley to breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Andrew have when he returns from Europe?
2. Why does Buck return to town to ask Father Tim's advice?
3. What advice does Father Tim have for Buck regarding his drinking and what is Buck's response?
4. Why is Father Tim doubly relieved when Andrew buys Fernbank?
5. What does Father Tim learn about the ownership of H. Tide and Miami Development Company?
6. What does Father Tim advise Winnie to do regarding the sale of her business?
7. What is part of the agreement of the sale of Winnie's shop?
8. Why does Esther Bolick's accident wreak havoc on the food committee of the Bane and Blessing event?
9. Why is Winnie conflicted about selling her business and moving to Tennessee?
10. What good news does Father Tim receive regarding Joe, Winnie's brother?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)