|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Father Tim's old nemesis that he dreams of?
(a) Victor Bowman.
(b) Edgar Morris.
(c) Sadie Thompson.
(d) Edith Mallory.
2. What does Winnie ask Father Tim to do?
(a) Review the sales contract.
(b) Counsel her daughter.
(c) Pray for her son.
(d) Campaign for Mack.
3. Where does Father Tim take Dooley to breakfast?
(b) The Grill.
4. Who is Dooley's new girlfriend?
5. Who drives Father Tim to the store?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Andrew's wife?
2. Why does Father Tim want Winnie to talk to the person in #157?
3. Which family member of Andrew's wife has come to America with Andrew and his wife?
4. What is Thomas Kendall's profession?
5. Who makes an offer on Father Tim's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Thomas Kendall and how did Winnie meet him?
2. What does Bishop Cullen advise Father Tim to do regarding what Father Tim knows about Mack's campaign?
3. Why is Father Tim conflicted over Edith backing Mack's mayoral campaign?
4. Why is Winnie conflicted about selling her business and moving to Tennessee?
5. What advice does Father Tim have for Buck regarding his drinking and what is Buck's response?
6. What is Father Tim's state of mind as the novel ends on Christmas Eve?
7. Who does Father Tim suspect of being behind Mack Stroupe's mayoral campaign?
8. What is part of the agreement of the sale of Winnie's shop?
9. What are Andrew's plans for Fernbank?
10. What request does Thomas Kendall have for Father Tim regarding Winnie?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)