|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl who has a crush on Dooley?
2. Father Tim is interested in creating a mission in what area?
(a) The Meadows.
(b) The Creek.
(c) The inner city.
(d) The Crossroads.
3. What do the people in #52 have plans to do with Fernbank?
(a) Convert it into a school.
(b) Turn it into a bed & breakfast.
(c) Make it into a halfway house.
(d) Turn it into a spa.
4. What season has arrived at the beginning of the novel?
5. What type of party does Cynthia decide to throw?
(a) Christmas party.
(b) Cocktail party.
(c) Dinner party.
(d) Birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harley has a real aptitude for ______________.
2. What upsets Father Tim about the group in #52?
3. Father Tim hears gossip that Mack Stroupe has been __________________.
4. Mitford is a fictional town located in what state?
5. What major repair is necessary on Miss Sadie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Harley Welch and how does Father Tim try to help him?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Winnie's entry into a contest to wind a cruise?
3. Who is Scott Murphy and what does Father Tim discuss with him about providing services for more people?
4. What good deed does Father Tim do for Pauline instead of taking some time off with Cynthia?
5. What accident befalls Father Tim when he goes to the beauty salon?
6. Why is Buck Leeper's return to Mitford not necessarily a good thing?
7. What is the premise of OUT TO CANAAN?
8. Who is Mack Stroupe?
9. What medical condition does Pauline's cousin, Rhody, have and what assistance does Father Tim provide?
10. What does Harley do in exchange for living in Father Tim's basement apartment?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)