|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Tim looks for people who want to play on the _____________ team.
2. Why did Pauline give her children away?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She was too young.
(c) She wasn't married.
(d) She was an alcoholic.
3. Father Tim is interested in creating a mission in what area?
(a) The Creek.
(b) The Meadows.
(c) The Crossroads.
(d) The inner city.
4. What season has arrived at the beginning of the novel?
5. What upsets Father Tim about the group in #52?
(a) They point out flaws in the house.
(b) They curse.
(c) They whisper to each other.
(d) They are rude to local people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Esther's campaign slogan?
2. Father gets a call from ______________ regarding a young girl.
3. What job did Pauline get?
4. Who is the director of Hope House?
5. Mitford is a fictional town located in what state?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dooley?
2. Who does Lace accuse of stealing her hat and what does he say about it to Father Tim?
3. What good deed does Father Tim do for Pauline instead of taking some time off with Cynthia?
4. What is the Primrose Tea and how is Father Tim more involved than usual?
5. Who is Miami Development Company and why does Father Tim get irritated with them as he shows them around Fernbank?
6. What medical condition does Pauline's cousin, Rhody, have and what assistance does Father Tim provide?
7. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Winnie's dream of a dark-haired man?
8. Who is Buck Leeper and what will he be doing for the church?
9. Other than their low bid, why does Father Tim not want Miami Development Company to buy Fernbank?
10. Why does Winnie Ivy say she wants to sell her bakery and move out of town?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)