|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dooley?
(a) A valet.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A boy in Father Tim's custody.
2. What does Harley do in exchange for living in the basement apartment?
(a) Fixes Father Tim and Cynthia's cars.
(b) Installs new wiring in the house.
(c) Paints the house.
(d) Landscapes the yard.
3. Father Tim hears gossip that Mack Stroupe has been __________________.
(a) spending a lot of money around town.
(b) stealing money from his employer.
(d) having an affair.
4. Driving past a billboard prompts Father Tim to wonder about what?
(a) Mack Stroupe's motivations for running for mayor.
(b) How much a billboard costs.
(c) A time before billboards dotted the landscape.
(d) If the church should advertise in some way.
5. What job did Pauline get?
(b) Dining Room Manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical problem does the person in #95 have?
2. Father gets a call from ______________ regarding a young girl.
3. Who is Pauline's cousin?
4. What does Dooley want to do during the summer?
5. Who admits to taking the item in #59?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Buck Leeper and what will he be doing for the church?
2. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Winnie's dream of a dark-haired man?
3. What good deed does Father Tim do for Pauline instead of taking some time off with Cynthia?
4. Who is Lace Turner and how is Father Tim involved in her life?
5. Who is Miami Development Company and why does Father Tim get irritated with them as he shows them around Fernbank?
6. Why is Buck Leeper's return to Mitford not necessarily a good thing?
7. How does Father Tim show compassion toward Harley?
8. Who is Andrew and how does the author use foreshadowing regarding his purchase of almost all the furniture at Fernbank?
9. How is Father Tim conflicted over the decision to sell Fernbank to Miami Development?
10. What medical condition does Pauline's cousin, Rhody, have and what assistance does Father Tim provide?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)