|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much less is Miami Development's offer on Fernbank than the church had hoped for?
2. Father gets a call from ______________ regarding a young girl.
(a) Olivia Harper.
(b) Annette Hall.
(c) Tess Ogilvy.
(d) Marjorie Hines.
3. Father Tim hears gossip that Mack Stroupe has been __________________.
(a) spending a lot of money around town.
(c) stealing money from his employer.
(d) having an affair.
4. What assistance does Father Tim offer the young man in #31?
(a) He will pay for his medical care.
(b) He can stay at the rectory while he recovers.
(c) He can connect him with social services.
(d) He will help him find a job.
5. Why is Father Tim disappointed with his congregation?
(a) They do not support the new school levy.
(b) They do not give generously on Sundays.
(c) They shun a new Negro family.
(d) They are not upset by the news of his retirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dooley's mother had a problem with _____________.
2. What does Father Tim's house smell like when he returns home?
3. Who is the girl who has a crush on Dooley?
4. The sale of Miss Sadie's home will benefit which organization?
5. What does Father Tim arrange for Esther's campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mack Stroupe?
2. Why does Winnie Ivy say she wants to sell her bakery and move out of town?
3. Other than their low bid, why does Father Tim not want Miami Development Company to buy Fernbank?
4. What is the scope of Father Tim's life in Mitford?
5. Who is Scott Murphy and what does Father Tim discuss with him about providing services for more people?
6. Who is Lace Turner and how is Father Tim involved in her life?
7. Why is Buck Leeper's return to Mitford not necessarily a good thing?
8. Who is Buck Leeper and what will he be doing for the church?
9. Who does Lace accuse of stealing her hat and what does he say about it to Father Tim?
10. How is Miami Development's bid on Fernbank different from the asking price and how does Father Tim respond?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)