|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor has Father Tim heard about Winnie's business?
(a) She is expanding.
(b) She may be selling it.
(c) She is taking on a partner.
(d) She is filing for bankruptcy.
2. Why is Father Tim disappointed with his congregation?
(a) They do not give generously on Sundays.
(b) They do not support the new school levy.
(c) They are not upset by the news of his retirement.
(d) They shun a new Negro family.
3. Who is not happy that Lace has taken up residenceW at the rectory?
(c) Father Tim.
4. Why does Cynthia decide to throw a party?
(a) To celebrate Father Tim's retirement.
(b) To celebrate Dooley's getting his driver's license.
(c) To celebrate Harley's moving in.
(d) To celebrate Lace's birthday.
5. What physical problem does the person in #95 have?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is diabetic.
(d) He has epilepsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Tim take Dooley to Betty's house?
2. Who does Father Tim allow to cut his hair?
3. Father gets a call from ______________ regarding a young girl.
4. Where does Dooley have a summer job lined up?
5. What is Mack Stroupe hosting as part of his mayoral campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Andrew and how does the author use foreshadowing regarding his purchase of almost all the furniture at Fernbank?
2. Who is Dooley?
3. What is the scope of Father Tim's life in Mitford?
4. Other than their low bid, why does Father Tim not want Miami Development Company to buy Fernbank?
5. What is the Primrose Tea and how is Father Tim more involved than usual?
6. How does Father Tim spend his birthday with his wife?
7. What is Fernbank and what is the church's interest in it?
8. How is Father Tim conflicted over the decision to sell Fernbank to Miami Development?
9. What are Father Tim's concerns about the mayoral race and in what way does he get involved?
10. Why does Winnie Ivy say she wants to sell her bakery and move out of town?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)