|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dooley's mother had a problem with _____________.
2. Who is the girl living with the woman in #29?
(a) Maddie Albright.
(b) Sara Michelin.
(c) Bella Evans.
(d) Lace Turner.
3. Who is Father Tim's wife?
4. Who owns the Sweet Stuff Bakery?
5. Why is Father Tim disappointed with his congregation?
(a) They do not give generously on Sundays.
(b) They are not upset by the news of his retirement.
(c) They do not support the new school levy.
(d) They shun a new Negro family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dooley want to do during the summer?
2. How old was Jessie when Dooley last saw her?
3. Who is the girl who has a crush on Dooley?
4. What song does Louella want played at Sunday's church service?
5. Who does Father Tim allow to cut his hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winnie Ivy say she wants to sell her bakery and move out of town?
2. Who is Harley Welch and how does Father Tim try to help him?
3. How does Father Tim show compassion toward Harley?
4. What accident befalls Father Tim when he goes to the beauty salon?
5. What is the Primrose Tea and how is Father Tim more involved than usual?
6. Who does Lace accuse of stealing her hat and what does he say about it to Father Tim?
7. What job does Father Tim hear about that would be perfect for Pauline?
8. Who does Father Tim allow to cut his hair and who has to fix it?
9. How does Father Tim spend his birthday with his wife?
10. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Winnie's dream of a dark-haired man?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)