|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Louella want played at Sunday's church service?
(a) How Great Thou Art.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) A Mighty Fortress is Our God.
(d) Nearer My Got to Thee.
2. Father Tim is interested in creating a mission in what area?
(a) The Creek.
(b) The inner city.
(c) The Meadows.
(d) The Crossroads.
3. Why does Father Tim take Dooley to Betty's house?
(a) To fix a door.
(b) To mow the grass.
(c) To tear down an old shed.
(d) To shovel snow.
4. Who does Lace accuse of stealing the item in #59?
5. What does Dooley want to learn to do this summer?
(a) Play the guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl living with the woman in #29?
2. Why did Pauline give her children away?
3. What does Father Tim notice about his appearance after his salon visit?
4. Who is Father Tim insistent upon finding?
5. Why is Lace at the rectory so much of the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father Tim show compassion toward Harley?
2. Who is Harley Welch and how does Father Tim try to help him?
3. Who is Pauline Barlowe and what help does Father Tim want to give her?
4. Who is Mack Stroupe?
5. Why does Winnie Ivy say she wants to sell her bakery and move out of town?
6. How is Father Tim conflicted over the decision to sell Fernbank to Miami Development?
7. Other than their low bid, why does Father Tim not want Miami Development Company to buy Fernbank?
8. What medical condition does Pauline's cousin, Rhody, have and what assistance does Father Tim provide?
9. Who is Lace Turner and how is Father Tim involved in her life?
10. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Winnie's dream of a dark-haired man?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)