|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lace unable to find after Harley's party?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her CDs.
(d) Her car keys.
2. What does Winnie tell Father Tim that she dreams of?
(a) A dark haired man.
(b) Angels around her.
(c) Retiring early.
(d) Winning the lottery.
3. Who is Dooley?
(a) A valet.
(b) A boy in Father Tim's custody.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A gardener.
4. Dooley's mother had a problem with _____________.
5. What kind of business is The Local?
(a) Beauty Salon.
(c) Grocery Store.
(d) Culinary Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meadowgate?
2. Who is Pauline Barlowe?
3. What is the name of the party that Father Tim's wife throws every year?
4. Who is the unpopular local man who drives his truck around to promote his political campaign?
5. Why did Pauline give her children away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Father Tim's concerns about the mayoral race and in what way does he get involved?
2. What is the premise of OUT TO CANAAN?
3. How does Father Tim show compassion toward Harley?
4. What is the scope of Father Tim's life in Mitford?
5. Who is Miami Development Company and why does Father Tim get irritated with them as he shows them around Fernbank?
6. Who is Andrew and how does the author use foreshadowing regarding his purchase of almost all the furniture at Fernbank?
7. Who is Pauline Barlowe and what help does Father Tim want to give her?
8. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Winnie's dream of a dark-haired man?
9. Who is Scott Murphy and what does Father Tim discuss with him about providing services for more people?
10. Other than their low bid, why does Father Tim not want Miami Development Company to buy Fernbank?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)