|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dooley want to do during the summer?
(a) Go to summer school.
(b) Learn the veterinary profession.
(c) Work at Olive Garden.
(d) Hang with his friends.
2. Who is heading up the Bane and Blessing charity sale?
(a) Eva Hensel.
(b) Esther Bolick.
(c) Vannah Brumbaugh.
(d) Elizabeth Worster.
3. Who cuts Father Tim's hair at the salon?
4. Who is Pauline's cousin?
5. How much less is Miami Development's offer on Fernbank than the church had hoped for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives during Cynthia's dinner party?
2. What does Father Tim arrange for Esther's campaign?
3. Why type of lesson does Father Tim promise Dooley?
4. What does Dooley want to learn to do this summer?
5. What type of party does Cynthia decide to throw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Primrose Tea and how is Father Tim more involved than usual?
2. Who is Harley Welch and how does Father Tim try to help him?
3. Who does Lace accuse of stealing her hat and what does he say about it to Father Tim?
4. How does Father Tim show compassion toward Harley?
5. How is Father Tim conflicted over the decision to sell Fernbank to Miami Development?
6. Why does Winnie Ivy say she wants to sell her bakery and move out of town?
7. How is Miami Development's bid on Fernbank different from the asking price and how does Father Tim respond?
8. What are Dooley's summer plans and what happens to thwart them?
9. Why is Buck Leeper's return to Mitford not necessarily a good thing?
10. Who is Andrew and how does the author use foreshadowing regarding his purchase of almost all the furniture at Fernbank?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)