|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member of Andrew's wife has come to America with Andrew and his wife?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
2. What type of business did Andrew's wife own in her native country?
(a) Flower shop.
(b) Book store.
(d) Millinery shop.
3. What does Winnie ask Father Tim to do?
(a) Review the sales contract.
(b) Pray for her son.
(c) Campaign for Mack.
(d) Counsel her daughter.
4. What does Father Tim wonder if he should make public about Mack?
(a) Why he is getting divorced.
(b) How he got his fortune.
(c) His family's secret.
(d) Who is behind his mayoral campaign.
5. What nationality is Andrew's wife?
6. Who coaches the church baseball team?
7. Who takes credit for the sale of Fernbank?
(a) Father Tim.
8. How long has Father Tim lived in the rectory?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 16 years.
9. Why does Father Tim hold a special church service?
(a) In thanks for the sale of Fernbank.
(b) A memorial service.
(c) A holdiay service.
(d) A missing person vigil.
10. What does the bishop advise Father Tim to do about the information Father Tim has regarding Mack's campaign?
(a) Talk to the election board.
(b) Take out a newspaper ad.
(c) Talk to Mack directly.
(d) Keep the information to himself.
11. What company is interested in the rectory?
(a) Miami Development.
(b) Morris Management.
(c) H. Tide.
12. Where does Father Tim invite Buck to go?
(a) To The Grill for lunch.
(b) To Alcoholics Anonymous.
(c) To church on Christmas.
(d) To the store with him.
13. What surprise news does Winnie have for Father Tim?
(a) She sold her business.
(b) Thomas has proposed to her.
(c) She is going to have a baby.
(d) She got married.
14. What personal challenge does Father Tim now face?
(a) Finding temporary housing.
(b) He feels depressed most of the time.
(c) He and Dooley are arguing all the time.
(d) He found a lump on his neck.
15. How does Dooley crash his truck?
(a) Trying to avoid a cow in the road.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was talking on his cell phone.
(d) He skidded on wet roads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when the novel ends?
2. What does Father Tim talk Cynthia into?
3. Why is Cynthia angry about the interest in the rectory by the company in #122?
4. Which bishop comes for a visit with Father Tim?
5. Who makes an offer on Father Tim's house?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)