|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father Tim make a nice meal for his wife?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) To celebrate his retirement.
(c) It is her birthday.
(d) It is their anniversary.
2. What is Buck Leeper's profession?
(b) Food service.
3. Why is Father Tim disappointed with his congregation?
(a) They do not give generously on Sundays.
(b) They do not support the new school levy.
(c) They are not upset by the news of his retirement.
(d) They shun a new Negro family.
4. Who is the friend of the girl in #30 who is very sick?
(a) Harley Welch.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Sam Jamison.
(d) Ryan Billings.
5. Who arrives during Cynthia's dinner party?
6. What does Dooley want to do during the summer?
(a) Learn the veterinary profession.
(b) Hang with his friends.
(c) Go to summer school.
(d) Work at Olive Garden.
7. Why is Lace at the rectory so much of the time?
(a) She cleans house for Cynthia.
(b) She helps in the kitchen.
(c) She spends time with Harley.
(d) She runs off newsletters.
8. The sale of Miss Sadie's home will benefit which organization?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) Boys and Girls Club.
(c) American Cancer Society.
(d) Hope House.
9. How much less is Miami Development's offer on Fernbank than the church had hoped for?
10. Who is Pauline's cousin?
11. Harley has a real aptitude for ______________.
(b) auto mechanics.
(c) telling jokes.
12. What job did Pauline get?
(c) Dining Room Manager.
13. Who is heading up the Bane and Blessing charity sale?
(a) Esther Bolick.
(b) Eva Hensel.
(c) Elizabeth Worster.
(d) Vannah Brumbaugh.
14. How old is Dooley?
15. What favor does Winnie ask of Father Tim?
(a) Mention the fundraiser on Sunday.
(b) Pray for her sick mother.
(c) Help her write a paragraph.
(d) A reference for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what office is the character in #9 running?
2. What is Mack Stroupe hosting as part of his mayoral campaign?
3. Who is Father Tim's barber?
4. Where does Dooley have a summer job lined up?
5. Who is a local antiques dealer?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)