|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shirley research upon leaving Stockholm?
2. What town did Shirley and David visit while in Peru?
3. After the trip to Stockholm, what did Shirley feel between her and Gerry?
4. What is the name of the restaurant at which Shirley and David ate in Peru?
5. What interfered with Gerry and Shirley's relationship, following the trip to Stockholm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Shirley seeking when she spoke with the medium?
2. What was unique about Shirley's relationship to Peter Sellers death?
3. What was Shirley's opinion of Kevin when they met for the first time?
4. The writings of John Ellis McTaggart guided Shirley to start thinking of what?
5. What was Peter Sellers' near death experience?
6. When David revealed that Mayan wanted Shirley to share the news of spirituality with the world by writing a book, how did Shirley respond?
7. What persona did the spirit John display when he channeled?
8. Why was Shirley unable to meditate upon her first visit to the mineral springs?
9. When Shirley reviewed the Bible to gain insight upon some of the ideas David was teaching her, she felt uncomfortable. Why?
10. What new idea did David introduce Shirley to, once she had delved into past lives and mediums?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Support or refute the following topic, citing examples from the text: When Shirley decided to get to the bottom of spirituality, she was willing to follow any path put before her.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in support or refute of the following topic, citing examples from the text: Had there been less interference in their relationship, Shirley and Gerry would have been together for years.
Essay Topic 3
Shirley was raised a Christian. How did this upbringing affect her as she explored themes and ideas that were not supported by the Christian church?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)