|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the passenger with Shirley and David speak of in Peru?
2. John believed that the Bible had been manipulated by who or what entity?
3. What town did Shirley and David visit while in Peru?
4. David and Shirley believed that many of Jesus' teachings had to do with what?
5. What did Shirley do to deal with the stress of her relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was David's opinion of Jesus?
2. What was Shirley seeking when she spoke with the medium?
3. Why did Shirley spend time exploring the works of philosophers when she was actually trying to learn about spirituality?
4. When Shirley communicated her thoughts and feelings with Bella, why did Bella react in the way that she did?
5. The medium Shirley spoke with claimed that she had appeared on earth before as what?
6. In what ways did the simplicity of the setting in Peru allow Shirley to quiet her mind?
7. What did Shirley do to deal with Gerry's abandonment in Stockholm?
8. How did Shirley feel when Gerry abandoned her in Stockholm?
9. What was unique about Shirley's relationship to Peter Sellers death?
10. What was Shirley's opinion of Kevin when they met for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shirley's success as an actress provided her with the resources to travel the world. Write an essay examining how her travels contributed to her philosophy towards life.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in support or refute of the following topic, citing examples from the text: Shirley believed Kevin regarding the past lives she had lived.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining how Shirley changed as a person throughout "Out on a Limb", citing examples from the text.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)