|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John told Shirley that spirits were on the earth to do what to humans?
2. David met Shirley where in Peru?
3. What resource did Shirley study to find proof of reincarnation?
4. When Peter Sellers was brought back to life, what did he wonder?
5. John believed that the Bible had been manipulated by who or what entity?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did the simplicity of the setting in Peru allow Shirley to quiet her mind?
2. Why did Shirley spend time exploring the works of philosophers when she was actually trying to learn about spirituality?
3. Who originally led David down the path of spirituality?
4. When David revealed that Mayan wanted Shirley to share the news of spirituality with the world by writing a book, how did Shirley respond?
5. The medium Shirley spoke with claimed that she had appeared on earth before as what?
6. What persona did the spirit John display when he channeled?
7. What was Shirley's opinion of Kevin when they met for the first time?
8. What new idea did David introduce Shirley to, once she had delved into past lives and mediums?
9. The writings of John Ellis McTaggart guided Shirley to start thinking of what?
10. What was Peter Sellers' near death experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shirley was interested in the spirit world but at the same time, wanted to find proof. Examine the many avenues she explored to find proof of a spiritual world.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in support or refute of the following topic, citing examples from the text: Had there been less interference in their relationship, Shirley and Gerry would have been together for years.
Essay Topic 3
Support or refute the following topic, citing examples from the text: When Shirley decided to get to the bottom of spirituality, she was willing to follow any path put before her.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)