|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are trance mediums unable to prove the existence of?
2. What did Shirley research upon leaving Stockholm?
3. What time of day did Shirley and David awaken in Peru?
4. In Los Angeles, where did Shirley bump into an ex-lover?
5. Upon returning from Stockholm, where did Shirley's career lead her to perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did the simplicity of the setting in Peru allow Shirley to quiet her mind?
2. What issues did Shirley explore when she met with Kevin the medium?
3. According to David, he and Shirley became friends for what purpose?
4. On the ride to Ataura, how did Shirley respond to the stories told to her regarding extraterrestrials living in Peru?
5. When David revealed that Mayan wanted Shirley to share the news of spirituality with the world by writing a book, how did Shirley respond?
6. What was Shirley's opinion of Kevin when they met for the first time?
7. Why was Shirley unable to meditate upon her first visit to the mineral springs?
8. When Shirley reviewed the Bible to gain insight upon some of the ideas David was teaching her, she felt uncomfortable. Why?
9. What was Peter Sellers' near death experience?
10. When Shirley met David in Peru, what was her initial reaction to the lodging David had set them up in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the various avenues Shirley explored in her quest to understand spirituality. Choose one of the following examples from the list below.
Essay Topic 2
Shirley's success as an actress provided her with the resources to travel the world. Write an essay examining how her travels contributed to her philosophy towards life.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in support or refute of the following topic, citing examples from the text: David manipulated Shirley's interest in spirituality to convince her to write the book he wanted her to write.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)