|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Chariots of the Gods"?
2. Shirley asked her ex-lover if he thought she was what?
3. What did David make Shirley inhale on the trip up the mountain?
4. Which of Shirley's friends did John dub as a soul mate?
5. What time of day did Shirley and David awaken in Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gerry's wife still remain an obstacle to the relationship between Gerry and Shirley, even while they were in Stockholm?
2. How did Shirley feel when Gerry abandoned her in Stockholm?
3. Why was Shirley unable to meditate upon her first visit to the mineral springs?
4. What was Shirley's opinion of Kevin when they met for the first time?
5. What persona did the spirit John display when he channeled?
6. When Shirley communicated her thoughts and feelings with Bella, why did Bella react in the way that she did?
7. According to David, he and Shirley became friends for what purpose?
8. What persona did Tom McPherson display when he channeled through Kevin?
9. What was David's opinion of Jesus?
10. The writings of John Ellis McTaggart guided Shirley to start thinking of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shirley was exposed to death for the first time when her cook's husband died. Write an essay on how this event and other events affiliated with death contributed to her interest in the spiritual world.
Essay Topic 2
Shirley was interested in the spirit world but at the same time, wanted to find proof. Examine the many avenues she explored to find proof of a spiritual world.
Essay Topic 3
Shirley was raised a Christian. How did this upbringing affect her as she explored themes and ideas that were not supported by the Christian church?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)