|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter Sellers suffered from a near death experience, what did he remember watching?
2. John suggested to Shirley that she was capable of doing what?
3. What is the name of the restaurant at which Shirley and David ate in Peru?
4. What resource did Shirley study to find proof of reincarnation?
5. What did Peter Sellers almost die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues did Shirley explore when she met with Kevin the medium?
2. What persona did the spirit John display when he channeled?
3. What was Shirley seeking when she spoke with the medium?
4. What was Peter Sellers' near death experience?
5. Why did Gerry's wife still remain an obstacle to the relationship between Gerry and Shirley, even while they were in Stockholm?
6. What persona did Tom McPherson display when he channeled through Kevin?
7. In what ways did the simplicity of the setting in Peru allow Shirley to quiet her mind?
8. The medium Shirley spoke with claimed that she had appeared on earth before as what?
9. What was David's opinion of Jesus?
10. How did Shirley feel when Gerry abandoned her in Stockholm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the influence one of the following people had on Shirley and her spiritual journey.
Essay Topic 2
When Shirley began to research spirituality, she talked about her ideas with anyone who would listen. However, friends began to warn her that it might be wise to keep ideas to herself. Write an essay examining the reasons she was eager to share her ideas with others and why some people tried to stop her.
Essay Topic 3
Examine what prompted Shirley to begin a spiritual journey, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)