|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cultures did Shirley study as she looked for spiritual truth?
2. Why did David invite Shirley to Peru?
3. What surprised David on his first meeting with Mayan?
4. What are trance mediums unable to prove the existence of?
5. What town did Shirley and David visit while in Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. What persona did the spirit John display when he channeled?
2. When Shirley met David in Peru, what was her initial reaction to the lodging David had set them up in?
3. What persona did Tom McPherson display when he channeled through Kevin?
4. When Shirley communicated her thoughts and feelings with Bella, why did Bella react in the way that she did?
5. What was David's opinion of Jesus?
6. The writings of John Ellis McTaggart guided Shirley to start thinking of what?
7. On the ride to Ataura, how did Shirley respond to the stories told to her regarding extraterrestrials living in Peru?
8. Why did Shirley continue to speak with Gerry about reincarnation even after he made it clear that he was against the idea?
9. When David revealed that Mayan wanted Shirley to share the news of spirituality with the world by writing a book, how did Shirley respond?
10. What did Shirley do to deal with Gerry's abandonment in Stockholm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jesus was a figure that was mentioned frequently throughout "Out on a Limb". Write an essay examining the theories involving Jesus that were mentioned in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining how Shirley changed as a person throughout "Out on a Limb", citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Shirley's success as an actress provided her with the resources to travel the world. Write an essay examining how her travels contributed to her philosophy towards life.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)