|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edgar Cayce found the cure for his affliction, he began doing what?
2. Who was the owner of the bookstore that David introduced Shirley to?
3. When speaking with Gerry about her upcoming trip to Stockholm, Gerry worried about being a what to Shirley?
4. In what decade was "Out on a Limb" written?
5. Where did Edgar Cayce find the cure for his affliction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the process Johannsen took to invoke the spirit Ambres and what did the spirit speak on?
2. In what way was Shirley affected when Maria's husband died?
3. What did Shirley admire about her friend, David?
4. When Gerry played in the water in Hawaii, Shirley felt sad that she was too stressed out to relax and enjoy herself. Why was she so tense?
5. What did Shirley think about while waiting to meet with Johannsen?
6. Why did Shirley feel embarrassment over her Academy Award nomination?
7. How did Katerina know about the medium in Stockholm?
8. In what way did Gerry's marriage affect the relationship Shirley shared with him?
9. Why did David take Shirley to the Bodhi Tree bookstore?
10. Why did Shirley want proof that a spiritual plane existed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After David explains the idea of energy to Shirley, she has an out of body experience. Write an essay examining this experience and how it affected her, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Jesus was a figure that was mentioned frequently throughout "Out on a Limb". Write an essay examining the theories involving Jesus that were mentioned in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Support or refute the following topic, citing examples from the text: When Shirley decided to get to the bottom of spirituality, she was willing to follow any path put before her.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)