|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their second day together on the convention trip, Gerry was effusive in expressing what for Shirley?
2. On her first visit to the bookstore without David, the bookstore owner gave Shirley books on what subject?
3. When Gerry asked Shirley to join him out of town, at what type of convention was he planning to be?
4. In Stockholm, Shirley realized that Gerry needed to have what?
5. What did Johannsen do to channel Ambres?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shirley become interested in the spiritual journeys her friends were taking?
2. In what way was Shirley affected when Maria's husband died?
3. Why had Shirley not realized that many religions believed in the idea of reincarnation?
4. Why did David take Shirley to the Bodhi Tree bookstore?
5. Why did John introduce the idea of mediums to Shirley?
6. What did Shirley's feelings about her Academy Award nomination imply about her personal sense of importance?
7. What influence did Shirley's parents have on her?
8. When Gerry claimed to be obsessed by Shirley, what did he mean and why did it upset him?
9. Why did Shirley believe so many men thought they were a disappointment to her?
10. What did Shirley think about while waiting to meet with Johannsen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in support or refute of the following topic, citing examples from the text: Shirley believed Kevin regarding the past lives she had lived.
Essay Topic 2
Examine what prompted Shirley to begin a spiritual journey, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Shirley's success as an actress provided her with the resources to travel the world. Write an essay examining how her travels contributed to her philosophy towards life.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)