|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shirley wonder about while sitting in the waiting room at Johannsen's?
2. In Stockholm, Gerry was worried about hurting who, due to his relationship with Shirley?
3. When Shirley visited the bookstore without David, the owner introduced her to what?
4. When Shirley went to visit Gerry at his convention, what did she think of their relationship?
5. In what city did Gerry and Shirley have their first date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Shirley believe so many men thought they were a disappointment to her?
2. What influence did Shirley's parents have on her?
3. Why did Shirley pretend that she has never heard of Johannsen when her friends invite her to see him?
4. Why was it important to Shirley to avoid the reporters when she visited Gerry in Hawaii?
5. Why was Shirley fascinated by the idea of mediums?
6. Why was Shirley interested in travel?
7. How did Shirley become interested in the spiritual journeys her friends were taking?
8. What special gift did Edgar Cayce have to offer as a medium?
9. When Gerry played in the water in Hawaii, Shirley felt sad that she was too stressed out to relax and enjoy herself. Why was she so tense?
10. In what way was Shirley affected when Maria's husband died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shirley was interested in the spirit world but at the same time, wanted to find proof. Examine the many avenues she explored to find proof of a spiritual world.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in support or refute of the following topic, citing examples from the text: Shirley believed Kevin regarding the past lives she had lived.
Essay Topic 3
Support or refute the following topic, citing examples from the text: Shirley was not successful in love because her career success was intimidating to men.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)