|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shirley MacLaine had been in how many movies when "Out on a Limb" was written?
(d) Over 35.
2. In Stockholm, Gerry was worried about hurting who, due to his relationship with Shirley?
(a) Shirley MacLaine.
(b) His kids.
(c) His wife.
(d) All of these.
3. How did the group know Ambres had left?
(a) The lights came back on.
(b) A bird flew out of the window.
(c) Johannsen returned to consciousness.
(d) Church bells started to ring.
4. Where did Gerry invite Shirley at the beginning of "Out on a Limb"?
5. David believed that many of the stories about Christ's teachings had been what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Shirley worried about, prior to meeting Johannsen?
2. What is the name of the spirit that Johannsen could channel?
3. What topic did Shirley become fascinated with after learning about Edgar Cayce?
4. What did Shirley admit to being embarrassed about when she visited Gerry at his convention?
5. What did Shirley's friends claim about their meetings with Johannsen?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Gerry played in the water in Hawaii, Shirley felt sad that she was too stressed out to relax and enjoy herself. Why was she so tense?
2. As Clifford Odets lay on his death bed, what desire did he speak of to Shirley?
3. What did Shirley's feelings about her Academy Award nomination imply about her personal sense of importance?
4. When Gerry claimed to be obsessed by Shirley, what did he mean and why did it upset him?
5. In what way was Shirley affected when Maria's husband died?
6. How did Shirley feel about the constant deception required of her relationship with Gerry?
7. After Shirley's conversation with Gerry in Stockholm, she realized what about his character?
8. Why was it important to Shirley to avoid the reporters when she visited Gerry in Hawaii?
9. Why did Shirley spend time thinking about writing as a method that cleared her father's depression?
10. Why had Shirley not realized that many religions believed in the idea of reincarnation?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)