|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bookstore did David take Shirley to after working out?
(a) Barnes and Noble.
(b) The Bodhi Tree.
(c) The Sun Sense.
(d) The Joshua Tree.
2. What was Shirley worried about, prior to meeting Johannsen?
(a) His authenticity.
(b) Being followed by reporters.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) The cost of the meeting.
3. When Gerry spoke of the relationship he shared with Shirley, she was often scared that he would do what?
(b) End it.
(c) Propose to her.
(d) Ask for something more.
4. Who was the first dead person that Shirley saw?
(a) Marie's brother.
(b) A man on the side of the road.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Marie's husband.
5. Shirley had suggested that her father to do what to deal with his depression?
(a) Take medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gerry invite Shirley at the beginning of "Out on a Limb"?
2. In Shirley's opinion, what were some of Gerry's bad qualities?
3. Upon arriving in Stockholm, who did Shirley have dinner with?
4. What did Shirley's friends claim about their meetings with Johannsen?
5. Where did Shirley have to wait for Gerry, prior to going to dinner on the convention trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way was Shirley affected when Maria's husband died?
2. In what way did Gerry's marriage affect the relationship Shirley shared with him?
3. Why did Shirley want proof that a spiritual plane existed?
4. When Gerry claimed to be obsessed by Shirley, what did he mean and why did it upset him?
5. When Gerry played in the water in Hawaii, Shirley felt sad that she was too stressed out to relax and enjoy herself. Why was she so tense?
6. What did Shirley admire about her friend, David?
7. Why did David take Shirley to the Bodhi Tree bookstore?
8. Why did Shirley pretend that she has never heard of Johannsen when her friends invite her to see him?
9. How did Edgar Cayce discover he was a medium?
10. Why did John introduce the idea of mediums to Shirley?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)