|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gerry's political agenda?
(a) Taxing the rich.
(b) Foreign diplomacy.
(c) Running for president.
(d) Social reform.
2. What did Shirley wonder about while sitting in the waiting room at Johannsen's?
(a) Why the others were there.
(b) How old he would be.
(c) Whether reporters were present.
(d) If she should tell Gerry about the experience.
3. What did Johannsen do to channel Ambres?
(a) Take drugs.
(b) Go into a trance.
(c) Pound drums.
(d) Dance by a fire.
4. What affliction did Marie suffer from?
(c) Whooping cough.
5. In Stockholm, Shirley realized that Gerry needed to have what?
(a) Constant attention.
(b) Her respect.
(c) Admiration from others.
(d) As many women as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon arriving in Stockholm, who did Shirley have dinner with?
2. What is the name of the spirit that Johannsen could channel?
3. When they visited the bookstore, what type of books did David recommend to Shirley?
4. What special gift did Edgar Cayce write about?
5. Shirley MacLaine refers to her father as a closet what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it important to Shirley to avoid the reporters when she visited Gerry in Hawaii?
2. What special gift did Edgar Cayce have to offer as a medium?
3. Why did Shirley want proof that a spiritual plane existed?
4. What did Shirley's feelings about her Academy Award nomination imply about her personal sense of importance?
5. Why had Shirley not realized that many religions believed in the idea of reincarnation?
6. Why did John introduce the idea of mediums to Shirley?
7. Why did Shirley feel embarrassment over her Academy Award nomination?
8. How did Shirley become interested in the spiritual journeys her friends were taking?
9. What was the issue that caused a problem between Shirley and Gerry in Stockholm?
10. What influence did Shirley's parents have on her?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)