|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David believed that many of the stories about Christ's teachings had been what?
2. What special gift did Edgar Cayce write about?
(a) The ability to teleport.
(b) The ability to time travel.
(c) Being a psychic.
(d) Being a medium.
3. When Gerry asked Shirley to join him out of town, at what type of convention was he planning to be?
(a) International Medicine.
(b) North-South Economics.
(c) Ecology Development.
(d) Comic Con.
4. What was Shirley worried about, prior to meeting Johannsen?
(a) His authenticity.
(b) The cost of the meeting.
(c) Being followed by reporters.
(d) Nothing at all.
5. What did Johannsen do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edgar Cayce find the cure for his affliction?
2. What type of exercise did Shirley and David do together?
3. When speaking with Gerry about her upcoming trip to Stockholm, Gerry worried about being a what to Shirley?
4. Shirley told David she would like a little what, regarding the idea of spirituality?
5. Where did Shirley and Gerry see trainers feed animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way was Shirley affected when Maria's husband died?
2. How did Katerina know about the medium in Stockholm?
3. What did Shirley think about while waiting to meet with Johannsen?
4. As Clifford Odets lay on his death bed, what desire did he speak of to Shirley?
5. What effect did Shirley's friends claim the visits to Johannsen had had on their lives?
6. Why was it important to Shirley to avoid the reporters when she visited Gerry in Hawaii?
7. Shirley used her first professional paycheck to build an apartment. What does this tell the reader about Shirley?
8. What influence did Shirley's parents have on her?
9. How did Shirley feel about the constant deception required of her relationship with Gerry?
10. Why did Shirley feel embarrassment over her Academy Award nomination?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)