|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Shirley asked Gerry for his opinion on reincarnation, how did Gerry respond?
(b) He ignored the question.
2. To her surprise, Shirley discovered that many religions believe in what?
(d) Electing a queen.
3. What did Shirley MacLaine use her first professional paycheck for?
(a) A house.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A car.
(d) A night out.
4. When Edgar Cayce found the cure for his affliction, he began doing what?
(a) Seeing ghosts.
(b) Meditating for hours at a time.
(c) Channeling medical advice for others.
(d) Traveling the world.
5. In Shirley's opinion, what were some of Gerry's bad qualities?
(a) All of these.
(b) Intimacy issues.
(d) Power hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edgar Cayce find the cure for his affliction?
2. On their second day together on the convention trip, Gerry was effusive in expressing what for Shirley?
3. When Gerry asked Shirley to join him out of town, at what type of convention was he planning to be?
4. What did Gerry and Shirley do the night she came to visit him for the convention?
5. Where did Shirley and Gerry see trainers feed animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Shirley used her first professional paycheck to build an apartment. What does this tell the reader about Shirley?
2. Why did David take Shirley to the Bodhi Tree bookstore?
3. Why did Shirley believe so many men thought they were a disappointment to her?
4. In what way was Shirley affected when Maria's husband died?
5. What did Shirley admire about her friend, David?
6. How did Edgar Cayce discover he was a medium?
7. Why had Shirley not realized that many religions believed in the idea of reincarnation?
8. Why did Shirley feel embarrassment over her Academy Award nomination?
9. What was the issue that caused a problem between Shirley and Gerry in Stockholm?
10. Why was Shirley interested in travel?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)