|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When speaking with Gerry about her upcoming trip to Stockholm, Gerry worried about being a what to Shirley?
(b) Good influence.
2. When Edgar Cayce found the cure for his affliction, he began doing what?
(a) Seeing ghosts.
(b) Channeling medical advice for others.
(c) Meditating for hours at a time.
(d) Traveling the world.
3. What did Ambres speak about?
4. Where did Shirley MacLaine like to jog?
(a) In the Valley.
(b) On the beach.
(c) At the gym.
(d) In the Hills.
5. David believed Christ was a human who was what?
(d) Of a higher order.
6. What did Edgar Cayce do for a living?
(a) Public speaker.
7. What age range was Shirley MacLaine when she wrote "Out on a Limb"?
8. What did Shirley wonder about while sitting in the waiting room at Johannsen's?
(a) Whether reporters were present.
(b) If she should tell Gerry about the experience.
(c) Why the others were there.
(d) How old he would be.
9. Who did Shirley visit on his death bed?
(a) Paul Newman.
(b) Hunter Thompson.
(c) Clifford Odets.
(d) Thorton Wilder.
10. Why did Shirley and Gerry have to hide their relationship?
(a) His wife.
(b) Her career.
(c) Her husband.
(d) His career.
11. David believed that souls often returned to earth to work out what?
(a) Learn a lesson.
(b) All of these.
(c) Karmic justice.
(d) Make a wrong right.
12. What capability did Edgar Cayce suddenly have to share with others?
(a) Help with mental blocks.
(b) Explain how to cure illnesses.
(c) Speak on past lives.
(d) All of these.
13. What topic did Shirley become fascinated with after learning about Edgar Cayce?
14. To her surprise, Shirley discovered that many religions believe in what?
(c) Electing a queen.
15. Where did Gerry and Shirley go on their first date?
(a) The theater.
(b) The park.
(d) A baseball game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johannsen do after Ambres left?
2. Where did Gerry and Shirley spend their second day together when she visited him at the convention?
3. What unusual experience had Shirley experienced well before investigating spirituality?
4. In Shirley's opinion, what were some of Gerry's bad qualities?
5. Shirley was raised in what religion?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)