|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic did Shirley become fascinated with after learning about Edgar Cayce?
2. After that first encounter with Gerry in Stockholm, how many days passed where Shirley did not hear from him?
3. What was the name of the Spa where Katerina worked?
(a) The Ashram.
(b) The Tree Haven.
(c) The Four Winds.
4. Where did Shirley and Gerry see trainers feed animals?
(a) The circus.
(b) Sea World.
(c) The hotel lobby.
(d) The zoo.
5. In Stockholm, Gerry was worried that his feelings for Shirley bordered on what?
(a) All of these.
6. What grand question did Shirley begin to explore upon returning from her convention trip with Gerry?
(a) None of these.
(b) The purpose of life.
(c) The reality of love.
(d) The point of her career.
7. How did the group know Ambres had left?
(a) The lights came back on.
(b) A bird flew out of the window.
(c) Johannsen returned to consciousness.
(d) Church bells started to ring.
8. Where did Gerry and Shirley go on their first date?
(b) The park.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) The theater.
9. In Stockholm, Gerry was worried about hurting who, due to his relationship with Shirley?
(a) His kids.
(b) His wife.
(c) Shirley MacLaine.
(d) All of these.
10. What capability did Edgar Cayce suddenly have to share with others?
(a) All of these.
(b) Speak on past lives.
(c) Explain how to cure illnesses.
(d) Help with mental blocks.
11. What did Shirley wonder about while sitting in the waiting room at Johannsen's?
(a) Whether reporters were present.
(b) How old he would be.
(c) If she should tell Gerry about the experience.
(d) Why the others were there.
12. How did Shirley feel after witnessing Ambres speak?
13. What bookstore did David take Shirley to after working out?
(a) The Joshua Tree.
(b) The Bodhi Tree.
(c) The Sun Sense.
(d) Barnes and Noble.
14. Who was the owner of the bookstore that David introduced Shirley to?
15. Where did Gerry invite Shirley at the beginning of "Out on a Limb"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction did Marie suffer from?
2. Shirley told David she would like a little what, regarding the idea of spirituality?
3. When Gerry spoke of the relationship he shared with Shirley, she was often scared that he would do what?
4. The morning after Shirley joined Gerry at the convention, what time did he leave the bedroom?
5. What did Ambres speak about?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)