• Shirley jogged on the beach and thought about her past.
• Shirley returned to her apartment, which was purchased using her first professional paycheck.
• Gerry, Shirley's married lover, called to invite her to Hawaii.
• Shirley thought back to meeting Gerry at a a party.
• Shirley considered all of the trouble they'd faced since that meeting, due to his marriage.
• Shirley was troubled by the fact that her relationship with Gerry had to be hidden from everyone.
• Shirley thinks back on the cook's husband's death.
• Shirley was troubled by the death of the cook's husband, as he was the first dead body she'd ever seen.
• Looking back, Shirley remembered speaking to Clifford Odets as he was on his death bed and the inspirational words he had shared.
• The next day, Shirley met her friend David for yoga.
• David gave Shirley books on reincarnation and suggested she...
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)