|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11, what kind of transportation is George using to go to work?
2. What does George do during the summer to provide food for his family?
(a) He takes a second job in a grocery store.
(b) He builds furniture.
(c) He farms.
(d) He works as a delivery man for an ice company.
3. Why does Mrs. Mihula live in Braddock?
(a) She works at the mill.
(b) She has free rent in a mill house.
(c) Her husband has a good job there.
(d) Her sister lives there.
4. What is heard in the streets after the mill closes?
(a) Newspaper criers.
(c) Church bells.
5. According to George, who owns everything in the United States?
(a) The politicians.
(b) Bankers and politicians.
(c) The natural born Americans.
(d) Millionaires and trusts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Zuska have?
2. Who is Djuro?
3. What is George's first main job in America?
4. According to the author, what is the birthright of a Slovak peasant?
5. How long does it take George to repay the loan for his trip to America?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)