Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When no one pays attention to Weston's threats or intimidations, what does he do?
2. What has the narrator and Ransom been investigating?
3. What does the Osarya offer Ransom?
4. After Weston and Devine are taken from Oyarsa 's presence what happens to Ransom?
5. What kind of food does Augray offer Ransom?
Essay Topic 1
Out of the Silent Planet is an allegory. It is supposed to represent the creation of earth, the fall of the angels from heaven and the fall of humans. Describe parts of the book that you believe correspond to these events.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the mating habits of the hross with human ones. Which do you think is better? Discuss why something that is precious, such as gold, is precious due to its scarcity. What would this have to do with the hross's mating patterns?
Essay Topic 3
Ransom spent some time in this book at a hross settlement. Describe that settlement. Do you think you would like to live in a place like it? Did it seem peaceful? Boring? Interesting? What about the hross? Did you like them? Would you want to be friends with Hyoi?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)