Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When no one pays attention to Weston's threats or intimidations, what does he do?
2. What has the narrator and Ransom been investigating?
3. What does the Osarya offer Ransom?
4. After Weston and Devine are taken from Oyarsa 's presence what happens to Ransom?
5. What kind of food does Augray offer Ransom?
Essay Topic 1
Out of the Silent Planet is an allegory. It is supposed to represent the creation of earth, the fall of the angels from heaven and the fall of humans. Describe parts of the book that you believe correspond to these events.
Essay Topic 2
In this book Ransom spends a great deal of time being afraid. What are the main fears that Ransom has? How does he face them? What does he find out about fear from Oyarsa? Why would someone with no fear be "at peace?"
Essay Topic 3
In this book Weston talks about humanity eventually traveling the stars and conquering other planets, because "humans" were the best people ever created. What would you think if you met intelligent beings who did not resemble "humans?" What do you think are characteristics that make humans something other than "animal?" Do you believe a creature other than a "human" could have those characteristics? Why or Why not?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)