Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When no one pays attention to Weston's threats or intimidations, what does he do?
2. What has the narrator and Ransom been investigating?
3. What does the Osarya offer Ransom?
4. After Weston and Devine are taken from Oyarsa 's presence what happens to Ransom?
5. What kind of food does Augray offer Ransom?
On Malacandra, the hross, Hyoi, says he can't think of any reason for the three peoples of Malacondra to wage war. What might be reasons that war starts in this world? What circumstances and ideas on Malacandra seem to preclude war as an option there? What do you think might be necessary for war to end on this world, given what Malacandra was described as being like?
Write about your overall reaction to this book. Did you like it? Why or why not? Was it exciting? Boring? Was it believable? Were you able to put yourself on the planet and feel you knew what it looked like? Felt like? Did you like or dislike the characters? Did you agree with them? What did you see the story as representing?
In this book, C.S. Lewis seems postulate that fear causes a great deal of harm. If fear was the opposite of love, how would that cause many of the world's problems? Based on Out of the Silent Planet, what do you think the author believed fear did to humanity?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)