Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When no one pays attention to Weston's threats or intimidations, what does he do?
2. What has the narrator and Ransom been investigating?
3. What does the Osarya offer Ransom?
4. After Weston and Devine are taken from Oyarsa 's presence what happens to Ransom?
5. What kind of food does Augray offer Ransom?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of fear and death is explored a lot in this book. Ransom speculates on the role of death in life. The hross seem to hold an outlook on death that is very different from his own. They almost welcome death as a wonderful transformation. Write about the view of death from the American culture. Is the main cultural view of death your own? If not, what is your view of death?
Essay Topic 2
In Out of the Silent Planet, C.S.Lewis has much to say about racism and judging people based on external differences.
1. Do you think Weston's attitude toward the inhabitants of Malacandra parallels discrimination or prejudice in this country? Explain the differences and similarities between Weston's thinking and groups today who pander hate. What are some of the minorities in this country? Give examples of prejudice that you may have witnessed or read about.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing Weston's ideas of conquering other planets with America's treatment of the American Indian. How are they similar? Different? Would you consider one to be more immoral than the other?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)