|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ransom do when he sits down for a moment to rest?
2. What does the woman ask of Ransom?
3. Weston replies to Ransom's questions by telling him not to talk too much in order to:
4. The shape of the ship, as Weston explains, is:
5. Where does Ransom run as he's getting away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ransom hear in the room and what does he decide?
2. How does Devine manage to drug Ransom's drink?
3. How does Ransom feel when he finds out he's been kidnapped and is in space?
4. Summarize the events that take place in Chapter 6.
5. What steps does Ransom take to be more comfortable in the space ship?
6. Describe Weston's attitude toward Devine. Tell why you think Weston and Devine are or are not friends.
7. Ransom overhears a conversation between Weston and Devine about what they plan to do with him. What was the plan?
8. When Ransom describes being from another planet, what surprises him about the hross?
9. What kind of information do Weston and Devine seek from Ransom when he first meets them in chapter one?
10. How does Ransom escape and where does he go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this book the eldil communicate mind to mind, which on this earth is called telepathy. A number of psychic powers have been named on this planet. Telepathy, the ability to communicate mind to mind; Clairvoyance - the power or faculty of discerning objects not present to the senses; Precognition - clairvoyance relating to an event or state not yet experienced; Mediumship - the ability to communicate with the dead. These are a few of the so called psychic abilities.
Write an essay about how you feel about psychic phenomena. Do you believe it's possible? Why or Why not? Have you ever experienced it? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 2
In returning to earth the men do not have enough air to get home safely. They have to detour due to the moon, yet they manage to land the craft. Did the eldil or Osarya intervene to keep them safe? That seems to be the implication. Write about an incident in your life or someone you know who has escaped great harm by what they or you believe was Divine Intervention.
Essay Topic 3
In all books characters are never all good or all bad, which reflects the reality of being human. What do you see as Weston, Devine and Ransom's good characteristics? What do you see as their flaws? Would you characterize Ransom as the "good guy" and Weston and Devine as the "bad guys," or do you see their characters as being a mix?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)