|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Weston and Devine are taken from Oyarsa 's presence what happens to Ransom?
(a) He is taken back to the space ship
(b) He returns to the place where he spent the night
(c) Ransom and Oyarsa spend the day in conversation
(d) He returns to Augray's tower
2. What does the Oyarsa say about Ransom's fear?
(a) That he must not be much of a man if he's frightened
(b) That it's perfectly normal to feel afraid
(c) Oyarsa tells Ransom that his fear has caused his own troubles and he need not be afraid
(d) That fear is good and there is reason for it
3. Why does Ransom feel relieved when he wakes in Augray's tower?
(a) He met a sorn, the source of much of his fear since landing on Malacandra, and was not afraid
(b) Because he's not lost, wandering the mountains
(c) Because he hasn't seen or heard from Weston or Devine
(d) He has eaten and has slept
4. Why is Ransom confused as he climbs through the mountain pass?
(a) The pass has many small paths diverging from it
(b) He keeps hearing voices in the wind
(c) Thin air and altitude
(d) He can't see anything that might be Augray's Tower
5. When no one pays attention to Weston's threats or intimidations, what does he do?
(a) Pulls out a string of cheap beads, offering to trade
(b) Offers Devine as the guilty party
(c) Shoots the hross cloest to him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oyarsa say of the history of earth?
2. What does Meldilorn, home of Oyarsa , look like when Ransom first views it?
3. What does Ransom find in the cavern he enters?
4. How does Ransom feel after he helps kill the hnakra?
5. Where and with whom does Ransom spend the night on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Augray, the sorn, and Ransom talk about while eating?
2. What does Ransom find at the edge of the grove? Describe it.
3. Who begins speaking in Chapter 22? How did he learn of Ransom?
4. Describe a parallel between Ransom leaving to go to the mountains and the beginning of the book.
5. Besides collecting gold, what is Weston's motivation for coming to Malacandra?
6. Describe Ransom's first view of Meldilorn.
7. Why have Weston and Devine brought Ransom to Malacandra?
8. Who comes to Hyoi and Ransom as they move on the water searching for the hnakra? What does he have to say?
9. How does the Osarya repond to Weston's speech?
10. What does Ransom tell the sorn about earth and what do the sorn think?
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)