|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes over the telling of the story in Chapter 22?
(b) The Osarya of Malacandra
(c) One of the eldil
(d) The narrator
2. What does Hyoi tell Ransom about war between the three races of Malacandra?
(a) That the sorn and the pfifltriggi are alligned against the hross
(b) He can't imagine why they would ever wage war
(c) That it happens, though not often
(d) That the sorn and the hross have been at war for years
3. What happens before Hyoi can turn the boat around and head back?
(a) A large wave swamps the boat and they have to swim for shore
(b) The hnakra attacks and they kill it
(c) Ransom gets seasick and loses his breakfast
(d) Hyoi falls out of the boat and is killed by the hnakra
4. What do the stone monuments show Ransom?
(a) The faces of Oyarsa.
(b) The three races of Malacandra working together
(c) The monuments are carved with images depicting the creation of Malacandra
(d) All sorts of animals, some he's seen, some he hasn't
5. What does Oyarsa say of the history of earth?
(a) That earth was dying and so their Oyarsa left
(b) That earth and Malacandra used to share a religion
(c) That earth lost its Oyarsa because humans were bad
(d) Thulcandra once had an Oyarsa, but he turned bad. He devastated the Earth's moon and brought extinction to the creatures of Malacandra
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Oyarsa asks Ransom?
2. What does Meldilorn, home of Oyarsa , look like when Ransom first views it?
3. How often do the hross marry?
4. What does the Oyarsa say gives the Malacandrians peace?
5. What kind of food does Augray offer Ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of knowledge interest the sorn?
2. What is the narrator's purpose in writing this story?
3. Explain the history of earth (Thulcandra) and its relationship to Malacandra.
4. Who begins speaking in Chapter 22? How did he learn of Ransom?
5. What does Ransom find at the edge of the grove? Describe it.
6. What happens with the three dead hross?
7. What does Ransom do and what does he see after they land on earth?
8. What does Augray, the sorn, and Ransom talk about while eating?
9. What does Ransom tell the sorn about earth and what do the sorn think?
10. Describe a parallel between Ransom leaving to go to the mountains and the beginning of the book.
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)