|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Oyarsa order when it's obvious Weston is not going to believe in his existence?
(a) Oyarsa orders Weston to be taken away to have his head dunked in cold water
(b) He orders him to kneel
(c) He orders him off the island
(d) He orders him to be put in chains
2. What interrupts Ransom and the Oyarsa's conversation?
(a) A group of eldil who fly in needing to see the Oyarsa
(b) A fire in one of the towers
(c) A procession of hross enters carrying three dead hross in bundles and leading two prisoners
(d) Ransom being too tired to continue without a rest
3. When Weston talks of humanity, what does the Oyarsa do?
(a) Challenges Weston's notion of what humanity really means
(b) Tells Weston that his ideas are insane
(c) Tells Weston that he is not human for killing the hross
(d) Scorns humans as being animals
4. What does Hyoi tell Ransom about the eldil?
(a) That they tend to be arrogant and demanding
(b) That they are hard to see and Ransom might not be able to see them
(c) That they are shy creatures and come only at Oyarsa's command
(d) That they look like fire
5. What does Ransom see before he sees the sorn?
(a) Crystal rocks
(b) The sorn's shadow on the wall
(c) An eldil
(d) A stream running through the cave
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hross view death?
2. What is the first question Oyarsa asks Ransom?
3. Where does Ransom and Augray spend the night?
4. What happens to the three dead hross?
5. After Weston and Devine are taken from Oyarsa 's presence what happens to Ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ransom tell the sorn about earth and what do the sorn think?
2. Who begins speaking in Chapter 22? How did he learn of Ransom?
3. Besides collecting gold, what is Weston's motivation for coming to Malacandra?
4. What happens with the three dead hross?
5. Why have Weston and Devine brought Ransom to Malacandra?
6. What does Ransom find as he climbs the mountain pass? Describe the scene.
7. How does the Osarya repond to Weston's speech?
8. What does Ransom do and what does he see after they land on earth?
9. Who comes to Hyoi and Ransom as they move on the water searching for the hnakra? What does he have to say?
10. What is the narrator's purpose in writing this story?
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)