|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hyoi tell Ransom about war between the three races of Malacandra?
(a) That the sorn and the hross have been at war for years
(b) He can't imagine why they would ever wage war
(c) That the sorn and the pfifltriggi are alligned against the hross
(d) That it happens, though not often
2. What does the Oyarsa say gives the Malacandrians peace?
(a) That all three races cooperate
(b) That their planet is ruled by the Osarya
(c) The Malacandrians do not fear death
(d) That there is no war on Malacandra
3. What does the Oyarsa say about Ransom's fear?
(a) Oyarsa tells Ransom that his fear has caused his own troubles and he need not be afraid
(b) That he must not be much of a man if he's frightened
(c) That it's perfectly normal to feel afraid
(d) That fear is good and there is reason for it
4. How does Augray take Ransom to see Oyarsa ?
(a) They ride an animal from the herd
(b) He has a large, bird-like creature fly them
(c) Ransom rides on Augray's shoulder
(d) They walk there together
5. What did the Osarya prophesied to Ransom?
(a) That contact with Thulcandra will be open again soon, and they may meet again one day
(b) That Ransom will meet the woman he marries when he returns
(c) That Ransom will become a great world leader on earth
(d) That Ransom will live to be 110 years old
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ransom see before he sees the sorn?
2. How does Ransom feel after he helps kill the hnakra?
3. What reason does Augray give for not going to Oyarsa 's island with Ransom?
4. Why doesn't Oyarsa want to kill Weston?
5. What was the prophecy Oyarsa alluded to with Ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ransom feel about going with Hyoi on the hunt for the hnakra? What does he want to prove?
2. What kind of knowledge interest the sorn?
3. What does the sorn and Ransom do when Ransom enters the cave?
4. Who is brought in front of Oyarsa and what happens?
5. Who begins speaking in Chapter 22? How did he learn of Ransom?
6. Describe the hross' relationship with the hnakra.
7. What does Ransom do and what does he see after they land on earth?
8. Describe Ransom's first view of Meldilorn.
9. Describe a parallel between Ransom leaving to go to the mountains and the beginning of the book.
10. What does Augray, the sorn, and Ransom talk about while eating?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)