|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do the hross marry?
(a) They marry only once and mate for only a short period of their lives
(b) They have no marriage and mate with whoever they want
(c) The women have several husbands and many children
(d) The hross do not mate at all
2. What is the name of the sorn Ransom meets in the cave?
3. What does the hross tell Ransom to do when they arrive on the island?
(a) He points to a bench and tells Ransom to sit down
(b) To stay on the beach until someone comes for him
(c) To report to the central building
(d) He may wander about as he wishes and will be called by Oyarsa when it is time
4. What happens to Hyoi as they rest in the boat next to the hnakra's body?
(a) All the other hross come and pay him homage
(b) He is shot by Weston and Devine and dies
(c) A water snake wraps around his ankle and bites him
(d) He falls out of the boat on top of the hnakra and they laugh
5. What does Hyoi tell Ransom about war between the three races of Malacandra?
(a) That the sorn and the hross have been at war for years
(b) That the sorn and the pfifltriggi are alligned against the hross
(c) He can't imagine why they would ever wage war
(d) That it happens, though not often
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have they decided to present the story as fiction?
2. What does Ransom find in the cavern he enters?
3. What has the narrator and Ransom been investigating?
4. How does Ransom feel as Oyarsa approaches?
5. What reason does Augray give for not going to Oyarsa 's island with Ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the hross have to say about war on Malacandra?
2. Describe the hross' relationship with the hnakra.
3. What does Ransom find at the edge of the grove? Describe it.
4. What does Ransom tell the sorn about earth and what do the sorn think?
5. Describe Ransom's first view of Meldilorn.
6. What happens with the three dead hross?
7. How does Ransom feel about going with Hyoi on the hunt for the hnakra? What does he want to prove?
8. What kind of knowledge interest the sorn?
9. Why have Weston and Devine brought Ransom to Malacandra?
10. What does the sorn and Ransom do when Ransom enters the cave?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)