|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ransom talking to near the end of the chapter?
(a) Some fish he sees swimming in the stream
(b) His father
(d) The tree he's leaning against
2. The character in question #1 meets a woman who is searching for her simple-minded son, whose name is:
3. When Ransom explores parts of the space ship, what does he find?
(a) Boxes full of dirt
(b) Many animals and insects from earth
(c) Many empty rooms
(d) Several other human hostages
4. Why does Ransom think about suicide?
(a) He is depressed
(b) He's very home sick and fears he'll never see earth again
(c) He thinks it would be better than death at the hand of some terrible beast
(d) He figures he could mess up Devine's plan if he was dead
5. At the location in question #3, Ransom meets a former schoolmate whose name is:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ransom see among the trees?
2. What are the three men doing in Ransom's dream?
3. What happens to the center of gravity on the ship as they near the planet?
4. Devine leaves Ransom supposedly to go into the kitchen to get what?
5. When the ship enters Malacandra's orbit how does Ransom feel upon wakening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ransom hear in the room and what does he decide?
2. How does Ransom figure out they are in space?
3. How does Ransom feel about the conversation?
4. Describe the scene of Ransom meeting his first hross.
5. In Chapter seven Ransom gets his first look at some of the inhabitants of the planet. How do they look to him and of what do they remind him?
6. What do Weston and Devine demand of Ransom?
7. Describe the delusion Ransom is experiencing in the forest.
8. What does the hross do after Ransom eats some of his food?
9. Describe the dream Ransom had when Weston drugged his drink.
10. How does Ransom escape and where does he go?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)