|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ransom think the empty rooms are for?
(a) They couldn't fill them or it would be too heavy
(b) To bring creatures back from the planet
(c) He supposes they are meant to carry some cargo back to Earth
(d) So eventually they can take passengers for pay
2. How does most things on the planet appear to Ransom?
(a) Everything appears hazy and out of focused
(b) Everything he sees is some shade of gray
(c) Everything Ransom can see has a strange, elongated form
(d) The whole landscape appears fat and bloated
3. What is an eldil?
(a) A spirit like messenger of Oyarsa
(b) A plant which is the main diet stable of the hross
(c) A child of the hross born with psychic abilities
(d) A group of hross who live together, like a tribe
4. What does Devine think the sorn plan to do with Ransom?
(a) He speculates that the sorn may intend to sacrifice Ransom in some kind of ritual
(b) Show him around the planet
(c) Make a slave of him
(d) Eat him for dinner
5. When Ransom is on the wall, how does he feel?
(a) Scared and tense
(b) Like laughing at the creatures
(c) As though he is split between the two sides
(d) Faint, as though he is very hungry
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ransom talking to near the end of the chapter?
2. What does Ransom notice about the room in which he wakes?
3. How does Ransom escape from the water?
4. How does Ransom feel when he finds out he is in space?
5. The humming noise Ransom hears makes him believe he is:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ransom react to finally being free?
2. How does Ransom feel about the conversation?
3. Write about Ransom's feelings upon entering the atmosphere of Malacandra.
4. What do Weston and Devine demand of Ransom?
5. What does Weston say to Ransom when he asked how the ship worked?
6. Once Ransom settles into the routine of space travel how does he feel?
7. Give a general description about the planet's inhabitants and their government.
8. What does Ransom hear in the room and what does he decide?
9. How does Ransom feel when he finds out he's been kidnapped and is in space?
10. What is Ransom thinking about as the ship prepares to land?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)