|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shifting gravity do to the ship?
(a) Makes the ship seem smaller
(b) Makes the men much heavier
(c) Makes Ransom feel like his bones are breaking
(d) Turns walls into floors and floor into ceilings
2. What does Ransom do with the Hross?
(a) Asks him where the biggest city is and starts off in that direction
(b) Hits him over the head and runs
(c) Offers him his watch as a token of friendship
(d) Accepts an invitation to his home and gets in a boat with him
3. While drugged, Ransom has a dream in which he meets:
(a) a dog and cat
(b) his mother and father
(c) a black unicorn
(d) some strange creatures
4. Ransom contemplates what he has learned from Weston and realizes he's ready to face what?
(b) Killing Weston
(c) Never seeing earth again
(d) Being on another planet
5. How does Ransom escape from the water?
(a) the black creature manages to grab both Weston and Devine
(b) the black creature pulls Devine under and Weston is distracted shooting at the animal
(c) Devine can't swim and Weston takes his gun off Ransom while rescuing Devine
(d) the sorns throw rocks at Weston and Devine and Ransom runs away
Short Answer Questions
1. After Devine questions Ransom, what does he learn?
2. What does Ransom do when he sits down for a moment to rest?
3. When Ransom asks why he is kidnapped, Weston tells him that:
4. Because the moon looks so strange to Ransom, what does he think?
5. What is an eldil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ransom see as he's running away from his captors?
2. In Chapter six the ship begins to approach Malacandra. What happens to the inside of the ship as they come onto the planet?
3. Describe the dream Ransom had when Weston drugged his drink.
4. How does Ransom react to finally being free?
5. Describe Weston's attitude toward Devine. Tell why you think Weston and Devine are or are not friends.
6. What does the hross do after Ransom eats some of his food?
7. Summarize the events that take place in Chapter 6.
8. Once Ransom settles into the routine of space travel how does he feel?
9. How does Ransom figure out they are in space?
10. Ransom thinks a lot about his situation and comes up with an explanation of why he feels so good. Weston has his own explanation. What are the two men's explanations?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)