|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Devine and Ransom plan to deliver Ransom?
(a) A sorn
(b) The elidil
(c) The king of the planet
(d) An evil wizard
2. The shape of the ship, as Weston explains, is:
(b) a sphere
3. What does Harry do at the Rise?
(a) Cleans the yard
(b) Chops wood
(c) Milks the cows
(d) Tends the furnace for the two professors who live at The Rise.
4. When Ransom glances at the walls how do they appear?
(a) To converge in a peak in the center of the room
(b) To be sloping outward
(c) To not quite meet the floor
(d) To be circular
5. What does Ransom think when the woman tells him about the Rise?
(a) He wonders if he has already walked past it.
(b) They might be willing to give him a place to stay for the night..
(c) He wonders what two professors are doing out in the country.
(d) He thinks that is no place for a boy to work.
6. What does Ransom see among the trees?
(a) Weston and Devine looking for him
(b) Small red creatures dart in and out among the enormous trees
(c) A sorn looking for him
(d) A strange looking yellow and blue bird
7. What happens when the three men enter the water to join the sorns on the other shore?
(a) Ransom is able to grab the gun from Weston
(b) Weston pushes Ransom, who trips and becomes totally soaked
(c) A large, black creature attacks them
(d) Devine falls in a deep part and starts to drown
8. How does Ransom spend his time during the next few weeks?
(a) Learning how to run the ship
(b) Playing cribbage with Devine
(c) Looking at the amazing sights from his skylight and listening to the tinkling of tiny meteors on the hull of the ship
(d) Exercising with weights
9. What does Ransom do first after he arrives at the village?
(a) He throws a ball with the children
(b) He takes a bath
(c) He falls asleep
(d) He shakes hands with all the hross
10. What happens to the center of gravity on the ship as they near the planet?
(a) It becomes haywire moving all over the ship
(b) It shifts from the center to the side closest to the planet
(c) Nothing happens to it
(d) It turns off
11. What does Ransom do with his watch?
(a) Nothing, he doesn't have a watch
(b) He takes it off and puts it in his pocket
(c) He sets the correct time
(d) He winds it because it has stopped
12. Where does Ransom run as he's getting away?
(a) Into a forest of tall, purple plants
(b) Back to the space ship
(c) Across a field of plants that look like corn
(d) Into a large, crowded city
13. What does Ransom hear as he runs through the forest?
(a) Gunshots and some voices yelling
(b) Fast, thudding steps behind him
(c) Birds singing in the trees
(d) A strange snapping noise he can't place
14. What position does Ransom take on the ship?
(b) Weapons officer
(c) Morale officer
15. What happens to the temperature of the ship as they enter the gravity of Malacandra?
(a) The temperature stays the same
(b) The temperature changes intemittently from hot to cold
(c) It becomes hotter
(d) The temperature drops
Short Answer Questions
1. Weston believes that Ransom is incapable of what?
2. When the ship lands what does Ransom think about space?
3. Ransom contemplates what he has learned from Weston and realizes he's ready to face what?
4. What does Ransom pilfer from the galley?
5. Why does Ransom eat so much food when they have a meal after landing?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)