|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the three dead hross?
(a) They are laid on a bier and burned
(b) Caskets are brought out to place them in
(c) Pfifltriggi touches each body with a crystal and the bodies disappear in a flash of blinding light
(d) He tells the bearers to return the dead hross to their families
2. What does Ransom imagine Oyarsa to be?
(a) A mixture of all three races on Malacandra
(b) A judge who will punish him for Hyoi's death
(c) A human
(d) A sorn or a God
3. What does Ransom hear when he regains consciousness?
(a) The breaking of waves on the ocean beach
(b) Weston talking to Harry's mother
(c) Weston and Devine discussing preparations for a trip
(d) Plates being set on the table
4. How does the water feel to Ransom as he runs through it?
(a) Very cold, almost icy
(b) It feels warm
(c) Sticky, like it was clinging to him
(d) Heavier than earth's water
5. What does Ransom think might be happening?
(a) That somehow the space travel has actually split his body and there are two Ransoms wandering the woods
(b) That he has become a multiple personality
(c) That he is insane and actually in a hospital on earth and the entire trip has been in his head
(d) That he is home asleep and dreaming all of this
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ransom talking to near the end of the chapter?
2. What does Augray show Ransom in the observatory?
3. Ransom contemplates what he has learned from Weston and realizes he's ready to face what?
4. What happens to the temperature of the ship as they enter the gravity of Malacandra?
5. What does the ship run on, as explained by Weston?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)