|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the other side of the wall?
(b) Darkness and some strange creatures
(c) Another house with lights on
(d) A herd of cattle
2. Ransom strips off his clothes because:
(a) the heat is intense
(b) he wants a uniform to show his authority
(c) there is a bug crawling down his shirt
(d) he is going to take a shower
3. Weston treats Ransom with contempt because:
(a) Weston feels superior to Ransom
(b) Weston knows Ransom cheated in college
(c) Weston knows Ransom is a philanderer
(d) Weston thinks Ransom is too old for space travel
4. What does Ransom hear as he runs through the forest?
(a) Gunshots and some voices yelling
(b) Fast, thudding steps behind him
(c) Birds singing in the trees
(d) A strange snapping noise he can't place
5. Ransom wakes in a strange room that can be described how?
(a) The walls are covered in fur
(b) The table and chairs are built for giants
(c) One of the walls is warm
(d) There is a smell of roses
Short Answer Questions
1. The effect of weightlessness is countered by:
2. Weston believes that Ransom is incapable of what?
3. Because the moon looks so strange to Ransom, what does he think?
4. When Weston confirms that Ransom is on a spaceship, Ransom is overcome with:
5. The core of the ship is:
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)