|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ransom is a professor of:
(d) philology or languages
2. What position does Ransom take on the ship?
(a) Weapons officer
(b) Morale officer
3. What does the ship run on, as explained by Weston?
(a) nuclear power
(b) solar radiation
(d) geothermal energy
4. Why does Ransom becomes depressed as they enter Malacandra's atmosphere?
(a) The light dims and the darker atmosphere depresses him
(b) He finally believes he'll never see earth again
(c) He feels powerless to help himself
(d) He believes that his possible death is nearer
5. Why does Ransom think about suicide?
(a) He thinks it would be better than death at the hand of some terrible beast
(b) He is depressed
(c) He figures he could mess up Devine's plan if he was dead
(d) He's very home sick and fears he'll never see earth again
Short Answer Questions
1. Ransom wakes in a strange room that can be described how?
2. Weston treats Ransom with contempt because:
3. Rather than it being the moon that Ransom is seeing, Weston tells him that the large orb is:
4. Weston replies to Ransom's questions by telling him not to talk too much in order to:
5. What does Ransom think when the woman tells him about the Rise?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)