|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meldilorn, home of Oyarsa , look like when Ransom first views it?
(a) It is a sloping island in a circular lake
(b) A small village, though larger than Hyoi's village
(c) A city of towers
(d) A city made mostly out of crystals
2. When Ransom is on the wall, how does he feel?
(a) Like laughing at the creatures
(b) Faint, as though he is very hungry
(c) As though he is split between the two sides
(d) Scared and tense
3. Why is the hnakra beloved by the hross?
(a) The hnakra is the best food the hross can eat
(b) The danger of hunting them makes life more vivid and enjoyable
(c) The hross came from the hnakra thousands of years ago
(d) They appreciate the sport of hunting them
4. What does Augray show Ransom in the observatory?
(a) Weston and Devine
(b) Earth, Thulcandra, the silent planet
(c) Hyoi's hross village
(d) The city where Oyarsa lives
5. What does the Oyarsa say about Ransom's fear?
(a) That he must not be much of a man if he's frightened
(b) Oyarsa tells Ransom that his fear has caused his own troubles and he need not be afraid
(c) That fear is good and there is reason for it
(d) That it's perfectly normal to feel afraid
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ransom comes to from being drugged, he tries to escape but is unable because:
2. What does the sky on Malacandra look like when they embark?
3. What is on the other side of the wall?
4. When the ship enters Malacandra's orbit how does Ransom feel upon wakening?
5. Why doesn't Oyarsa want to kill Weston?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)