|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ransom's thoughts about space foreshadow?
(a) The dark place where he will be taken
(b) The light of the religion on Malacandra
(c) The actual account of the solar system he will learn on Malacandra
(d) The fact that he will travel in space again very soon
2. What does Meldilorn, home of Oyarsa , look like when Ransom first views it?
(a) It is a sloping island in a circular lake
(b) A city made mostly out of crystals
(c) A small village, though larger than Hyoi's village
(d) A city of towers
3. Ransom's dream mentioned in question #16 foreshadows:
(a) his eventual trip to Malacandra
(b) his death at an early age
(c) his becoming addicted to the drugs Devine gives him
(d) his desire to meet men from Mars
4. When Weston walks into Ransom's room, Weston is:
5. As they land, what does Random come to believe about planets?
(a) That they are accidents of the cosmos
(b) They all have human life
(c) That they are alive and welcoming
(d) That planets are dull, lifeless islands in space
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ransom becomes depressed as they enter Malacandra's atmosphere?
2. When Ransom asks why he is kidnapped, Weston tells him that:
3. Where does Ransom run as he's getting away?
4. How does Ransom escape from the water?
5. What does the sorn look like?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)