|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hyoi talking to the day he and Ransom met?
(a) One of the eldil
(b) The Osarya
(d) His son
2. When the ship lands what does Ransom think about space?
(a) It is good to get out of space
(b) That space is dead and lifeless
(c) That it is lonely in space
(d) Space is alive and vibrant
3. What does Oyarsa say of the history of earth?
(a) That earth was dying and so their Oyarsa left
(b) Thulcandra once had an Oyarsa, but he turned bad. He devastated the Earth's moon and brought extinction to the creatures of Malacandra
(c) That earth and Malacandra used to share a religion
(d) That earth lost its Oyarsa because humans were bad
4. Why was Ransom kidnapped, according to the Oyarsa?
(a) Oyarsa told the sorns to tell the men that unless they brought a person from Thulcandra to him, they could take no more gold
(b) Weston and Devine thought the sorn would leave them alone if they brought a human sacrifice
(c) Weston and Devine were told they would be killed if they didn't bring him
(d) Weston and Devine hoped to trade him for gold and power
5. Why is the hnakra beloved by the hross?
(a) They appreciate the sport of hunting them
(b) The hross came from the hnakra thousands of years ago
(c) The hnakra is the best food the hross can eat
(d) The danger of hunting them makes life more vivid and enjoyable
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ransom feel as Oyarsa approaches?
2. What does Ransom contemplate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does Hyoi tell Ransom about the eldil?
4. What happens to the center of gravity on the ship as they near the planet?
5. When the center of gravity shifts during approach to Malacandra what to the men do?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)