|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the ship enters Malacandra's orbit how does Ransom feel upon wakening?
(a) That his death is imminent
(b) Disoriented and groggy
(c) His fear becomes almost invigorating to him
(d) As if life has completely changed for him
2. What does the Oyarsa say about Ransom's fear?
(a) That it's perfectly normal to feel afraid
(b) That fear is good and there is reason for it
(c) That he must not be much of a man if he's frightened
(d) Oyarsa tells Ransom that his fear has caused his own troubles and he need not be afraid
3. What does Ransom's thoughts about space foreshadow?
(a) The light of the religion on Malacandra
(b) The fact that he will travel in space again very soon
(c) The actual account of the solar system he will learn on Malacandra
(d) The dark place where he will be taken
4. How do the hross view death?
(a) As the end, that there is no life after death
(b) With horror and fear
(c) As a wonderful transformation
(d) As a choice to take when ready
5. Why was Ransom kidnapped, according to the Oyarsa?
(a) Weston and Devine were told they would be killed if they didn't bring him
(b) Weston and Devine thought the sorn would leave them alone if they brought a human sacrifice
(c) Weston and Devine hoped to trade him for gold and power
(d) Oyarsa told the sorns to tell the men that unless they brought a person from Thulcandra to him, they could take no more gold
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do the hross marry?
2. What happens to the temperature of the ship as they enter the gravity of Malacandra?
3. How does Ransom feel as Oyarsa approaches?
4. What does Ransom contemplate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Hyoi tell Ransom about war between the three races of Malacandra?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)