|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
2. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
3. Where is the talent contest held?
4. How did Daddy meet Louise?
5. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
Essay Topic 1
Billie Jo becomes an outcast due to her hands being deformed after the fire. How does she manage through this stigma? How does she wish people would treat her? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How does Billie Jo view her mother before her death? How does her perception change after Ma dies? Are her reactions normal? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The climax of the story is Billie Jo's little train trip and her return home. Explain the meaning of a story's climax. Why does this situation quality as the climax of this story?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)