|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
2. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
3. Which of the following is not on Billie's Jo's list of things she is thankful for at Thanksgiving?
4. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
5. What does Billie Jo finally realize about her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Billie Jo's piano serves as a powerful metaphor in the story. Be sure to include the perspective on the piano both before and after Ma's death.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the thought process that Billie Jo has that prompts her to hop a train headed west. What prompts her to return home? What was the purpose of this experience for both Billie Jo and Daddy?
Essay Topic 3
Billie Jo becomes an outcast due to her hands being deformed after the fire. How does she manage through this stigma? How does she wish people would treat her? Explain.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)