|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ma saving the dimes?
2. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
3. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
4. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
5. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Mad Dog and what role does he play in Billie Jo's life as the story extends? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The dust takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Louise places a bowl of perfect apples on the shelf. What is the significance of the apples to Billie Jo and to the story overall? Explain.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)