|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo wish she could buy at the store?
2. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
3. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
4. What is Billie Jo's new baby brother named?
5. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
2. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
3. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
4. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
5. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
6. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
7. Who is Billie Jo? What does she like? Where does she live and who is her family?
8. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
9. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
10. What is the importance of the apple trees to Ma and Billie Jo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Louise and what is her role in the family? Is Billie Jo right to be cautiously optimistic about Louise's presence in her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the thought process that Billie Jo has that prompts her to hop a train headed west. What prompts her to return home? What was the purpose of this experience for both Billie Jo and Daddy?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of Ma. Be sure to include both physical and emotional characteristics as well as personal motivations, fears, etc.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)