|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Noble and Mr. Romney do to take care of the pests?
2. In her dream what does Billie Jo find in the neighbor's house?
3. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
4. Billie Jo likes seeing new places and ________________________.
5. What does Billie Jo hunger for in her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
2. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
3. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
4. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
5. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
6. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
7. Explain how people view Billie Jo now that her hands are injured.
8. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
9. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
10. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Billie Jo becomes an outcast due to her hands being deformed after the fire. How does she manage through this stigma? How does she wish people would treat her? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of art and culture in Billie Jo's life? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of Billie Jo. Be sure to include both physical and emotional characteristics as well as personal motivations, fears, etc.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)