|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
2. Ma is burned so badly that she is _______________________.
3. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
4. Who has a reputation for cheating customers at his store?
5. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Livie?
2. What happens in the aftermath of Ma's death?
3. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
4. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
5. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
6. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
7. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
8. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
9. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
10. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite the extremely trying times of people living in the dust bowl era, they are very generous and supportive of each other. Cite at least three examples that show this strength of character and generosity.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mad Dog and what role does he play in Billie Jo's life as the story extends? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Louise and what is her role in the family? Is Billie Jo right to be cautiously optimistic about Louise's presence in her life? Explain.
This section contains 1,354 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)