Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
2. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
3. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
4. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
5. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
2. What is the dust a metaphor for?
3. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
4. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
5. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
6. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
7. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
8. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
9. With whom does Billie Jo share a train car for a short while? Explain that experience and what it teaches Billie Jo.
10. For what things is Billie Jo thankful on this Thanksgiving?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the irony of Billie Jo's piano playing after her hands are burned.
Essay Topic 2
What is the point of view of the story? What are the benefits and the limitations to this particular point of view?
Essay Topic 3
How does Billie Jo view her mother before her death? How does her perception change after Ma dies? Are her reactions normal? Explain.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)