|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
(a) A dirty man
(b) A single mother
(c) A newlywed couple
(d) A priest
2. What does Billie Jo sense returning to the area?
(b) Growing crops
3. Where is the talent contest held?
(a) The church hall
(b) The Palace
(c) The VFW hall
(d) The school auditorium
4. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of his depression
(b) Because of swollen joints
(c) Because of the spots on his face
(d) Because of his weight loss
5. How does Billie Jo test the difference between snow and dust?
(a) She makes a snow angel
(b) She mixes it with water
(c) She shovels the walk
(d) She makes a snowball
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
2. To what city is Mad Dog going?
3. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
4. Who is Haydon P. Nye?
5. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can something as normal as rain be viewed as special to Billie Jo and the people in town?
2. How does Billie Jo block Louise's entry into a part of their lives?
3. Who is Louise?
4. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
5. What is the bittersweet accomplishment Billie Jo makes at school?
6. For what things is Billie Jo thankful on this Thanksgiving?
7. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
8. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
9. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
10. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)