|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
(a) She is stupid
(b) She plays like a cripple
(c) Her clothes are torn
(d) She has bad manners
2. Who begins to leave the area in large groups?
(c) Migrant workers
(d) Road workers
3. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(b) Dust Pneumonia
(c) Kidney failure
(d) Heart attack
4. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
(b) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
(c) She sends details about her will
(d) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
5. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
2. Why was Ma saving the dimes?
3. What does Billie Jo see along the tracks?
4. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
5. What does Daddy reveal to Billie Jo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
2. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
3. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
4. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
5. What news does Mad Dog come to deliver to Billie Jo?
6. How does Billie Jo finally come to terms with the dust and its full impact on her life?
7. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
8. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
9. Who is Louise?
10. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)