|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) A cousin's funeral
(b) A neighbor's wedding
(c) The President's Ball
(d) The Spring Fling
2. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
(b) Wet cloth
3. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
(a) She wants to go to Aunt Ellis' house
(b) She has left her father alone
(c) She misses her father
(d) She wants to move to Amarillo
4. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
(a) Mend Daddy's shirts
(b) Scrub the house
(c) Play the piano
(d) Learn to bake
5. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
2. Who has moved into the schoolhouse?
3. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
4. Billie Jo feels _____________ in the presence of her father.
5. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
2. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
3. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
4. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
5. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
6. Who is Joe De La Flor and what hardship does he face regarding his cattle?
7. How does Billie Jo block Louise's entry into a part of their lives?
8. Who is Louise?
9. What is the bittersweet accomplishment Billie Jo makes at school?
10. What news does Mad Dog come to deliver to Billie Jo?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)