|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
2. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
(b) Mad Dog
3. What does the passenger leave Billie Jo when he goes?
(b) A picture of his family
4. Where is the talent contest held?
(a) The Palace
(b) The church hall
(c) The VFW hall
(d) The school auditorium
5. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of the spots on his face
(b) Because of his depression
(c) Because of swollen joints
(d) Because of his weight loss
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
2. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
3. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
4. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
5. Which of the following does the piano not represent for Billie Jo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
2. How does the lack of a mother make Billie Jo unsure of how to manage her feelings about Mad Dog?
3. Who is Joe De La Flor and what hardship does he face regarding his cattle?
4. How does Billie Jo feel about the famous photographer who comes from Canada to take pictures of the dust bowl?
5. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
6. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
7. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
8. How do the children and the itinerant family interact with each other?
9. What news does Mad Dog come to deliver to Billie Jo?
10. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)