|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
(a) Pressed flowers in a book
(b) Old pictures
(c) Love letters
(d) Dimes Ma saved
2. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
(a) Will be coming home soon
(b) Is master of his own future
(c) Will be changing careers
(d) Will never return to this town
3. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
4. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
(a) She wants to move to Amarillo
(b) She wants to go to Aunt Ellis' house
(c) She has left her father alone
(d) She misses her father
5. With whom does Billie Jo want to leave town?
(a) Miss Freeland
(b) The Tyler family
(c) Mad Dog
(d) The live-in family
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Billie Jo get off the train?
2. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
3. What does Billie Jo see along the tracks?
4. How does Billie Jo test the difference between snow and dust?
5. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
2. Who is Joe De La Flor and what hardship does he face regarding his cattle?
3. How can something as normal as rain be viewed as special to Billie Jo and the people in town?
4. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
5. Explain Billie Jo's cautious optimism where Louise is concerned.
6. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
7. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
8. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
9. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
10. How do the children and the itinerant family interact with each other?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)