|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazing discovery is made in Oklahoma during this time?
(a) Cave paintings
(c) Dinosaur bones
2. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
3. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
(a) Sun spots
(d) Age spots
4. Which of the following is not on Billie's Jo's list of things she is thankful for at Thanksgiving?
(a) Daddy's smile
(b) Food without dust
5. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) The same birth date
(b) Bad home lives
(c) The need to escape the dust
(d) Fear of being alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
2. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
3. What is found on the church steps?
4. At what event is Billie Jo unable to play the piano because her hands hurt?
5. Who does Billie Jo call from the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
2. How does Billie Jo feel about the famous photographer who comes from Canada to take pictures of the dust bowl?
3. How does Billie Jo finally come to terms with the dust and its full impact on her life?
4. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
5. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
6. Explain Billie Jo's cautious optimism where Louise is concerned.
7. What is the bittersweet accomplishment Billie Jo makes at school?
8. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
9. What are the circumstances around the black cloud on the way to the funeral?
10. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)