|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
(a) Wear protective gloves
(b) Limit the use of them
(c) Use them
(d) Rub oil into them
2. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
(a) Glazed ham
(b) Lemon pie
(c) Cranberry sauce
(d) Roast turkey
3. What does Billie Jo think about as she sits in front of Ma's piano?
(a) Mad Dog's success
(b) Ma's playing
(c) A song for babies
(d) Livie's laughter
4. Which of the following does the piano not represent for Billie Jo?
5. What does Billie Jo have some trepidation about looking at?
(a) The cemetery
(b) Her father
(c) The piano
(d) The new baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
2. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
3. In what city does Billie Jo get off the train?
4. Where does Daddy not want Billie Jo to go?
5. Billie Jo tells Louise that there is nothing better than __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
2. What news does Mad Dog come to deliver to Billie Jo?
3. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
4. How does fire seem to be an ever-present threat in Billie Jo's life?
5. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
6. How does the lack of a mother make Billie Jo unsure of how to manage her feelings about Mad Dog?
7. How does Billie Jo block Louise's entry into a part of their lives?
8. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
9. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
10. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)