|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) Bad home lives
(b) The need to escape the dust
(c) Fear of being alone
(d) The same birth date
2. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
(a) At peace
(b) Deeply grieved
3. Where does Daddy not want Billie Jo to go?
(a) Aunt Ellis' house
4. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
5. What does the passenger leave Billie Jo when he goes?
(c) A picture of his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not catch on fire in the town?
2. What arrives at the school compliments of the government?
3. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
4. Who begins to leave the area in large groups?
5. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
2. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
3. How can something as normal as rain be viewed as special to Billie Jo and the people in town?
4. With whom does Billie Jo share a train car for a short while? Explain that experience and what it teaches Billie Jo.
5. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
6. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
7. Explain Billie Jo's cautious optimism where Louise is concerned.
8. Who is Joe De La Flor and what hardship does he face regarding his cattle?
9. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
10. What is the content of the letter Aunt Ellis sends to Billie Jo?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)