|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Billie Jo get off the train?
2. Which of the following does the piano not represent for Billie Jo?
3. What does Billie Jo see along the tracks?
4. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
(b) She sends details about her will
(c) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
(d) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
5. Billie Jo feels _____________ in the presence of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma used to arrange the items on the shelf _____________________.
2. What does Daddy reveal to Billie Jo?
3. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
4. What does Billie Jo think about as she sits in front of Ma's piano?
5. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the bittersweet accomplishment Billie Jo makes at school?
2. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
3. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
4. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
5. What news does Mad Dog come to deliver to Billie Jo?
6. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
7. How does Billie Jo feel about the famous photographer who comes from Canada to take pictures of the dust bowl?
8. How can something as normal as rain be viewed as special to Billie Jo and the people in town?
9. How does Billie Jo finally come to terms with the dust and its full impact on her life?
10. With whom does Billie Jo share a train car for a short while? Explain that experience and what it teaches Billie Jo.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)