|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daddy do when a good rain comes following the snow?
(a) Cleans the dust out of his tractor
(b) Sits in the rain for hours
(c) Goes to town for umbrellas
(d) Puts out more barrels and buckets
2. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
3. How did Daddy meet Louise?
(a) She worked at the bank
(b) She was Daddy's teacher in night school
(c) She worked at the grocer's
(d) She worked at the phone company
4. What does Billie Jo have some trepidation about looking at?
(a) The new baby
(b) Her father
(c) The piano
(d) The cemetery
5. How does Billie Jo test the difference between snow and dust?
(a) She shovels the walk
(b) She mixes it with water
(c) She makes a snowball
(d) She makes a snow angel
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma used to arrange the items on the shelf _____________________.
2. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
3. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
4. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
5. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
2. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
3. What is the bittersweet accomplishment Billie Jo makes at school?
4. How does Billie Jo block Louise's entry into a part of their lives?
5. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
6. How does the lack of a mother make Billie Jo unsure of how to manage her feelings about Mad Dog?
7. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
8. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
9. What news does Mad Dog come to deliver to Billie Jo?
10. Who is Louise?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)