|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
(a) Age spots
(d) Sun spots
2. To what city is Mad Dog going?
3. Why can the mail train not get through?
(a) The dust drifts the tracks like snow
(b) It is held up
(c) The rails are broken
(d) The engine fails
4. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
(a) They avoid each other
(b) They spend as much time together as possible
(c) They are hostile
(d) They don't talk much
5. Ma used to arrange the items on the shelf _____________________.
(a) In the pantry
(b) Over the stove
(c) Above the piano
(d) On the porch
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
2. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
3. What does Daddy reveal to Billie Jo?
4. What arrives at the school compliments of the government?
5. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what things is Billie Jo thankful on this Thanksgiving?
2. What are the circumstances around the black cloud on the way to the funeral?
3. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
4. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
5. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
6. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
7. How does Billie Jo finally come to terms with the dust and its full impact on her life?
8. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
9. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
10. How can something as normal as rain be viewed as special to Billie Jo and the people in town?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)