|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
2. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
(a) Limit the use of them
(b) Use them
(c) Rub oil into them
(d) Wear protective gloves
3. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
(a) A beat up truck
(b) A herd of cows
(c) A bad debt
(d) An old car
4. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
(d) Wet cloth
5. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
(a) Will never return to this town
(b) Is master of his own future
(c) Will be coming home soon
(d) Will be changing careers
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event is Billie Jo unable to play the piano because her hands hurt?
2. Billie Jo tells Louise that there is nothing better than __________________.
3. What does Billie Jo have some trepidation about looking at?
4. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
5. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
2. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
3. How do the children and the itinerant family interact with each other?
4. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
5. What are the circumstances around the black cloud on the way to the funeral?
6. How does fire seem to be an ever-present threat in Billie Jo's life?
7. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
8. Explain Billie Jo's cautious optimism where Louise is concerned.
9. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
10. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)