|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
(a) Age spots
(c) Sun spots
2. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
3. What does the government do to help the farmers?
(a) Hires workers
(b) Relocates them
(c) Spreads water from a plane
(d) Lends money
4. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
5. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo tell Louise that Billie Jo has like her mother?
2. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
3. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
4. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
5. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the letter Aunt Ellis sends to Billie Jo?
2. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
3. How does Billie Jo finally come to terms with the dust and its full impact on her life?
4. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
5. Who is Louise?
6. How does Billie Jo feel about the famous photographer who comes from Canada to take pictures of the dust bowl?
7. Explain Billie Jo's cautious optimism where Louise is concerned.
8. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
9. How do the children and the itinerant family interact with each other?
10. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)