|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Louise?
(a) Doc Rice's nurse
(b) The new phone operator in town
(c) Billie Jo's aunt
(d) Daddy's lady friend
2. How did Daddy meet Louise?
(a) She worked at the grocer's
(b) She was Daddy's teacher in night school
(c) She worked at the bank
(d) She worked at the phone company
3. Ma used to arrange the items on the shelf _____________________.
(a) Above the piano
(b) Over the stove
(c) On the porch
(d) In the pantry
4. What does Billie Jo see along the tracks?
5. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
2. Which of the following do the children not bring for the live-in family?
3. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
4. Why can the mail train not get through?
5. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billie Jo block Louise's entry into a part of their lives?
2. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
3. How can something as normal as rain be viewed as special to Billie Jo and the people in town?
4. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
5. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
6. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
7. How does the lack of a mother make Billie Jo unsure of how to manage her feelings about Mad Dog?
8. What are the circumstances around the black cloud on the way to the funeral?
9. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
10. With whom does Billie Jo share a train car for a short while? Explain that experience and what it teaches Billie Jo.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)