|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found on the church steps?
(b) A baby
(c) A food basket
(d) Used clothes
2. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
(a) Sheet music
(b) Love letters
(c) Almost everything
(d) Family photos
3. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
4. What does the passenger leave Billie Jo when he goes?
(d) A picture of his family
5. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
(a) Age spots
(d) Sun spots
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
2. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
3. What arrives at the school compliments of the government?
4. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
5. Which of the following is not on Billie's Jo's list of things she is thankful for at Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances around the black cloud on the way to the funeral?
2. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
3. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
4. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
5. What is the content of the letter Aunt Ellis sends to Billie Jo?
6. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
7. What news does Mad Dog come to deliver to Billie Jo?
8. How did Billie Jo's time away change the relationship between her and her father?
9. How does Billie Jo feel about the famous photographer who comes from Canada to take pictures of the dust bowl?
10. For what things is Billie Jo thankful on this Thanksgiving?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)