|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of his weight loss
(b) Because of the spots on his face
(c) Because of swollen joints
(d) Because of his depression
2. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
(a) An old car
(b) A herd of cows
(c) A bad debt
(d) A beat up truck
3. What does Billie Jo finally realize about her father?
(a) She is like him in a good way
(b) She is the light of his life
(c) He never loved her
(d) He is a major disappointment
4. In what city does Billie Jo get off the train?
5. What amazing discovery is made in Oklahoma during this time?
(a) Cave paintings
(c) Dinosaur bones
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
2. With whom does Billie Jo want to leave town?
3. To what city is Mad Dog going?
4. Who begins to leave the area in large groups?
5. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
2. How do the children and the itinerant family interact with each other?
3. How does fire seem to be an ever-present threat in Billie Jo's life?
4. Who is Louise?
5. How does the lack of a mother make Billie Jo unsure of how to manage her feelings about Mad Dog?
6. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
7. What are the circumstances around the black cloud on the way to the funeral?
8. How does Billie Jo finally come to terms with the dust and its full impact on her life?
9. How does Billie Jo block Louise's entry into a part of their lives?
10. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)