|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Louise?
(a) Daddy's lady friend
(b) The new phone operator in town
(c) Doc Rice's nurse
(d) Billie Jo's aunt
2. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) A neighbor's wedding
(b) The Spring Fling
(c) A cousin's funeral
(d) The President's Ball
3. What does the government do to help the farmers?
(a) Lends money
(b) Relocates them
(c) Hires workers
(d) Spreads water from a plane
4. Billie Jo feels _____________ in the presence of her father.
5. To what city is Mad Dog going?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
2. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
3. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
4. Which of the following do the children not bring for the live-in family?
5. What is Louise's best domestic skill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
2. How did Billie Jo's time away change the relationship between her and her father?
3. How do the children and the itinerant family interact with each other?
4. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
5. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
6. For what things is Billie Jo thankful on this Thanksgiving?
7. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
8. How does Billie Jo feel about the famous photographer who comes from Canada to take pictures of the dust bowl?
9. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
10. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)