|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
2. In what war did Billie Jo's father serve?
(a) Korean War
(b) World War I
(c) World War II
(d) Vietnam War
3. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Doesn't do anything to them
(b) Prunes them each summer
(c) Fertilizes them every week
(d) Waters them despite the drought
4. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
(a) Makes out his will
(b) Goes on a drinking binge
(c) Sells the farm
(d) Hires some help
5. What do the neighbors talk about after Ma's funeral?
(a) How Billie Jo threw the bucket of kerosene
(b) How Ma was too good for Daddy
(c) How dirty the house is
(d) How young Ma was
Short Answer Questions
1. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
2. Who has a reputation for cheating customers at his store?
3. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
4. What is contained in the boxes that Billie Jo finds?
5. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the grim scenarios that Billie Jo sees.
2. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
3. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
4. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
5. What is the dust a metaphor for?
6. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
7. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
8. Who is Billie Jo? What does she like? Where does she live and who is her family?
9. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
10. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)