|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
2. Why does Billie Jo go to Mrs. Brown's house?
(a) To learn to sew
(b) To take singing lessons
(c) To eat raspberry pie
(d) To see a flower as big as a plate
3. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
(b) He doesn't know
4. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
(a) Play piano
(b) Sew costumes
(c) Serve refreshments
(d) Sell tickets
5. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
2. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
3. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
4. Why is Billie Jo mad at her mother?
5. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does fire seem to be an ever-present threat in Billie Jo's life?
2. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
3. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
4. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
5. How does the wandering boy symbolize all the people who want to escape the dust bowl and have a better life in California?
6. Billie Jo has not taken any interest in cleaning the house until she sees someone else scrubbing hardened mud. What does this prompt Billie Jo to do and why does she feel haunted by Ma in her actions?
7. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
8. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
9. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
10. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)