|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other children other than Billie Jo are in Billie Jo's family in the Beginning?
2. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) Because the team is full
(b) Because her hands are injured
(c) Because they're not taking girls on the team
(d) Because the school has cancelled the athletic program
3. What does Daddy feed Ma?
(a) Sips of water
(b) Ice cream
(d) Orange juice
4. In what war did Billie Jo's father serve?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) World War I
(c) World War II
(d) Korean War
5. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) The basketball coach
(b) The softball coach
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
2. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
3. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
4. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
5. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
2. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
3. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
4. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
5. What is the argument about a pond between Daddy and Ma?
6. What are the special rules about setting the table during the dust bowl era?
7. How does the wandering boy symbolize all the people who want to escape the dust bowl and have a better life in California?
8. Who is Livie?
9. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
10. Explain how people view Billie Jo now that her hands are injured.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)