|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been Billie Jo's best friend since first grade?
2. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
(a) A new car
(b) An inheritance
(c) A drizzling rain
(d) A bank loan
3. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
(a) Higher wages
(b) Increased wheat prices
(c) The smell of rain
(d) Bank loans
4. What does Billie Jo wish she could buy at the store?
(c) Sheet music
5. What does Daddy think about Ma's idea to get water to the crops?
(a) It will dry up the well
(b) It is sure worth a try
(c) It is idiotic
(d) It is bound to work
Short Answer Questions
1. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
2. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
3. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
4. In what year is Billie Jo born?
5. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ma react when a brief rain comes in the Summer of 1934?
2. Who is Livie?
3. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
4. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
5. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
6. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
7. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
8. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
9. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
10. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)