|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo wish she could do in town?
(a) Buy a new dress
(b) Pick up the show costumes
(c) Go to dinner
(d) Go to the movies
2. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) Not loving her enough
(b) Abandoning her
(c) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(d) Not buying her a new dress
3. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
4. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
5. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) None of her painting sold
(b) She can't see more art
(c) They didn't make enough money
(d) She is on the clean-up crew
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
2. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
3. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
4. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
5. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the grim scenarios that Billie Jo sees.
2. What is the dust a metaphor for?
3. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
4. How does Billie Jo earn money playing the piano?
5. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
6. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
7. What happens in the aftermath of Ma's death?
8. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
9. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
10. What is Bille Jo's overall state of mind in Autumn 1934?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)