|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being in a room with a piano
(b) Being a teenager
(c) Going to school
(d) Living with her father
3. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
(a) Doesn't stare at her hands
(b) Doesn't leer at her
(c) Doesn't swear
(d) Doesn't drink alcohol
4. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
(b) A team player
5. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(d) Prairie grass
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
2. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
3. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
4. What does Billie Jo hunger for in her life?
5. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the special rules about setting the table during the dust bowl era?
2. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
3. What is the dust a metaphor for?
4. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
5. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
6. What is the argument about a pond between Daddy and Ma?
7. Describe some of the grim scenarios that Billie Jo sees.
8. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
9. How does Billie Jo earn money playing the piano?
10. How does the wandering boy symbolize all the people who want to escape the dust bowl and have a better life in California?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)