Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
(a) Selling the farm
(b) Hiring some help
(c) Digging a pond
(d) Buying a tractor
2. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) She is on the clean-up crew
(b) They didn't make enough money
(c) She can't see more art
(d) None of her painting sold
3. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
(a) That she can be anything she wants to be
(b) To put her hands to good use
(c) That he loves her
(d) That she is beautiful
4. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) Because the team is full
(b) Because they're not taking girls on the team
(c) Because her hands are injured
(d) Because the school has cancelled the athletic program
5. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
(b) Car dealership
(d) Rib-thin cattle
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is held at the courthouse?
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
3. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
4. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
5. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
2. What is the dust a metaphor for?
3. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
4. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
5. What does Billie Jo think about the dinosaur bones that are found in Oklahoma?
6. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
7. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
8. How does Billie Jo attempt to escape her life and the dust?
9. With whom does Billie Jo share a train car for a short while? Explain that experience and what it teaches Billie Jo.
10. For what things is Billie Jo thankful on this Thanksgiving?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)