|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been Billie Jo's best friend since first grade?
2. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
3. What do Mr. Noble and Mr. Romney do to take care of the pests?
(a) Put out poison
(b) Set traps
(c) Have a rabbit-killing contest
(d) Call the exterminator
4. The boy who stops at Billie Jo's house to work and eat is headed to __________________.
(d) Las Vegas
5. What does Billie Jo call her father since Ma's death?
(b) Daddy dearest
(c) My father
(d) Kerosene killer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
2. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
3. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
4. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
5. In what year is Billie Jo born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daddy do for work since the wheat crop is failing?
2. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
3. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
4. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
5. What is the dust a metaphor for?
6. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
7. What happens in the aftermath of Ma's death?
8. Who is Livie?
9. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
10. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)