|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
2. What is Daddy's job?
(a) Digging holes for towers
(b) Auditing tax returns
(c) Selling agricultural implements
(d) Selling men's clothes
3. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) She is on the clean-up crew
(b) None of her painting sold
(c) She can't see more art
(d) They didn't make enough money
4. Which of the following does not hurt Billie Jo's hands?
5. What crop is dying and drying up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billie Jo's new baby brother named?
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
3. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
4. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
5. Arley thinks that Billie Jo can ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first indications that Billie Jo wants to escape her situation for a brighter life?
2. What happens in the aftermath of Ma's death?
3. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
4. Who is Livie?
5. What is the argument about a pond between Daddy and Ma?
6. What is Bille Jo's overall state of mind in Autumn 1934?
7. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
8. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
9. Who is Billie Jo? What does she like? Where does she live and who is her family?
10. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)