|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(b) Run the streets
(c) Eat anything he could
(d) Rattle his chain
2. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(b) Not buying her a new dress
(c) Abandoning her
(d) Not loving her enough
3. How is Daddy going to get help with the farm?
(a) A new tractor
(b) A government loan
(c) A new partner
(d) Better seeds
4. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
(a) That she can be anything she wants to be
(b) That she is beautiful
(c) To put her hands to good use
(d) That he loves her
5. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Billie Jo throws the pail outside?
2. Why does Billie Jo go to Mrs. Brown's house?
3. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
4. What does Billie Jo forget about when she's on the road?
5. Who is Arley Wanderdale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dust a metaphor for?
2. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
3. What are the special rules about setting the table during the dust bowl era?
4. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
5. Describe some of the grim scenarios that Billie Jo sees.
6. How does Ma react when a brief rain comes in the Summer of 1934?
7. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
8. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
9. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
10. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)