|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
2. What happens when Billie Jo throws the pail outside?
(a) It hits a neighbor kid
(b) It breaks a window
(c) It breaks in two
(d) It hits Ma and she is burned
3. How had Ma brought in a little bit of money once in awhile?
(b) Playing piano
4. Which of the following does not hurt Billie Jo's hands?
5. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being a teenager
(b) Going to school
(c) Living with her father
(d) Being in a room with a piano
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
2. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
3. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
4. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
5. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
2. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
3. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
4. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
5. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
6. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
7. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
8. Who is Livie?
9. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
10. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)