|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
(b) New Mexico
2. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
3. In what opera is Billie Jo's teacher going to sing?
(a) Madame Butterfly
(d) The Marriage of Figaro
4. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
5. Why does Billie Jo go to Mrs. Brown's house?
(a) To take singing lessons
(b) To eat raspberry pie
(c) To learn to sew
(d) To see a flower as big as a plate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
3. In what state is Billie Jo born?
4. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
5. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
2. How does Billie Jo earn money playing the piano?
3. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
4. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
5. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
6. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
7. Explain how people view Billie Jo now that her hands are injured.
8. Who is Billie Jo? What does she like? Where does she live and who is her family?
9. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
10. What is the importance of the apple trees to Ma and Billie Jo?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)