|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daddy's job?
(a) Selling agricultural implements
(b) Digging holes for towers
(c) Selling men's clothes
(d) Auditing tax returns
2. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
3. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
(a) Doesn't swear
(b) Doesn't stare at her hands
(c) Doesn't drink alcohol
(d) Doesn't leer at her
4. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
5. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
(b) A team player
Short Answer Questions
1. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
2. In her dream what does Billie Jo find in the neighbor's house?
3. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
4. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
5. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the unexpected tenants of the schoolhouse for a couple weeks?
2. How does the wandering boy symbolize all the people who want to escape the dust bowl and have a better life in California?
3. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
4. How does Billie Jo earn money playing the piano?
5. What does Daddy do for work since the wheat crop is failing?
6. What does Billie Jo admit to herself about her mother's death, her father's indifference toward her and her need to escape this life?
7. How does Doc Rice treat both Daddy and Billie Jo?
8. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
9. Why are the migrant workers leaving the area in such large numbers?
10. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)