|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
2. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
3. What totally unexpected event occurs in Autumn 1934?
(a) Daddy sells the farm
(b) Billie Jo falls in love
(c) A meteor falls in the field
(d) It snows
4. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
(c) Car dealership
(d) Rib-thin cattle
5. Where does Daddy go to work?
(a) The phone company
(b) The power company
(c) The state government
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daddy think about Ma's idea to get water to the crops?
2. What does Billie Jo forget about when she's on the road?
3. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
4. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
5. In what state is Billie Jo born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the wandering boy symbolize all the people who want to escape the dust bowl and have a better life in California?
2. How does Ma react when a brief rain comes in the Summer of 1934?
3. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
4. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
5. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
6. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
7. What is Bille Jo's overall state of mind in Autumn 1934?
8. Who is Billie Jo? What does she like? Where does she live and who is her family?
9. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
10. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)