|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
(a) How he got his name
(b) Where he lives
(c) How old he is
(d) Where he performs
2. What happens when Billie Jo throws the pail outside?
(a) It breaks a window
(b) It hits Ma and she is burned
(c) It breaks in two
(d) It hits a neighbor kid
3. What does Billie Jo hunger for in her life?
4. What is contained in the boxes that Billie Jo finds?
(a) Travel brochures
(b) Antique knives
(c) Cookie cutters
(d) Mementoes of Billie Jo's life
5. What event is held at the courthouse?
(a) Barbershop quartet show
(b) Art exhibit
(c) Political rally
(d) Ice cream social
Short Answer Questions
1. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
2. Who does Billie Jo go on the road with to play piano?
3. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
4. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
5. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
2. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
3. Describe some of the grim scenarios that Billie Jo sees.
4. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
5. How does Billie Jo earn money playing the piano?
6. What happens in the aftermath of Ma's death?
7. What are the special rules about setting the table during the dust bowl era?
8. What are the first indications that Billie Jo wants to escape her situation for a brighter life?
9. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
10. Who is Livie?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)