|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
2. What totally unexpected event occurs in Autumn 1934?
(a) Billie Jo falls in love
(b) It snows
(c) A meteor falls in the field
(d) Daddy sells the farm
3. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
(a) With the plates and glasses upside down
(b) With dish towels covering the food
(c) With a plastic tablecloth
(d) With plastic wrap over the dishes
4. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
5. In what state is Billie Jo born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
2. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
3. What does Billie Jo see sliding down her mother's skin?
4. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
5. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daddy do for work since the wheat crop is failing?
2. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
3. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
4. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
5. What is the dust a metaphor for?
6. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
7. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
8. How does Ma react when a brief rain comes in the Summer of 1934?
9. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
10. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)