|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Billie Jo born?
2. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
(a) New Mexico
3. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
4. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
5. Where does Daddy go to work?
(a) The power company
(b) The phone company
(d) The state government
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
2. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
3. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
4. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
5. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how people view Billie Jo now that her hands are injured.
2. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
3. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
4. What is the argument about a pond between Daddy and Ma?
5. How does the wandering boy symbolize all the people who want to escape the dust bowl and have a better life in California?
6. What is the dust a metaphor for?
7. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
8. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
9. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
10. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)