|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billie Jo's new baby brother named?
2. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
(c) He doesn't know
3. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
4. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) She tutored a classmate
(b) She did extra homework
(c) She shares her textbooks
(d) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
5. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo wish she could buy at the store?
2. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
3. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
4. What is eating the crops?
5. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dust a metaphor for?
2. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
3. Explain how people view Billie Jo now that her hands are injured.
4. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
5. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
6. Who is Billie Jo? What does she like? Where does she live and who is her family?
7. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
8. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
9. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
10. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)