|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billie Jo mad at her mother?
(a) She will not let her wear makeup
(b) She will not let her miss school to practice for a program
(c) She will not make her a new dress
(d) She will not let her go to the movies
2. What does Billie Jo wish she could do in town?
(a) Buy a new dress
(b) Pick up the show costumes
(c) Go to the movies
(d) Go to dinner
3. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(a) Rattle his chain
(b) Eat anything he could
(c) Run the streets
4. What crop is dying and drying up?
5. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Prunes them each summer
(b) Doesn't do anything to them
(c) Fertilizes them every week
(d) Waters them despite the drought
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Ma brought in a little bit of money once in awhile?
2. What ruins the family's winter wheat crop?
3. How is Daddy going to get help with the farm?
4. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bille Jo's overall state of mind in Autumn 1934?
2. How does Ma react when a brief rain comes in the Summer of 1934?
3. How does Billie Jo assign human characteristics to her piano?
4. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
5. With whom does Billie Jo share a train car for a short while? Explain that experience and what it teaches Billie Jo.
6. Why is the lack of cranberry sauce such a poignant lack at Christmas dinner?
7. Who is Louise?
8. What is the issue with the rabbits and why is Billie Jo so upset about it?
9. What is the dust a metaphor for?
10. What immediate plans to Billie Jo and Daddy make to begin healing?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)