|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) The basketball coach
(b) The softball coach
2. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
(a) Sew costumes
(b) Sell tickets
(c) Play piano
(d) Serve refreshments
3. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
(a) That she can be anything she wants to be
(b) To put her hands to good use
(c) That she is beautiful
(d) That he loves her
4. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
5. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Ma brought in a little bit of money once in awhile?
2. What does Billie Jo wish she could buy at the store?
3. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
4. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
5. Why does Daddy get a different job?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
2. Who is Livie?
3. How does fire seem to be an ever-present threat in Billie Jo's life?
4. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
5. How did Billie Jo's time away change the relationship between her and her father?
6. What is the importance of the apple trees to Ma and Billie Jo?
7. What happens in the aftermath of Ma's death?
8. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
9. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
10. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)