|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Ma brought in a little bit of money once in awhile?
(b) Playing piano
2. What ruins the family's winter wheat crop?
(c) A dust storm
3. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
4. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
5. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
2. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
3. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
4. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
5. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the apple trees to Ma and Billie Jo?
2. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
3. What happens in the aftermath of Ma's death?
4. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
5. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
6. How does the wandering boy symbolize all the people who want to escape the dust bowl and have a better life in California?
7. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
8. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
9. What is the argument about a pond between Daddy and Ma?
10. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)