|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
(b) Her piano
2. How is Daddy going to get help with the farm?
(a) Better seeds
(b) A new tractor
(c) A government loan
(d) A new partner
3. Who is Arley Wanderdale?
(a) Billie Jo's music teacher
(b) The local extension agent
(c) The army recruiter
(d) A seed salesman
4. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
5. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
(c) A team player
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
2. What does Billie Jo wish she could do in town?
3. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
4. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
5. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to her love for music, what other force drives Billie Jo to have beautiful experiences?
2. What is Billie Jo looking forward to regarding the apples?
3. How does Billie Jo earn money playing the piano?
4. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
5. How does Mad Dog say he got his nickname? What is his real name?
6. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
7. Who is Livie?
8. How do Billie Jo and Daddy interact now that Ma is gone?
9. What are the special rules about setting the table during the dust bowl era?
10. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)