|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
2. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
3. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
(a) Stuffs rugs under the doors and rags around the windows
(c) Hides in her bedroom
(d) Watches from a big window
4. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
5. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
(b) Of flames
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
2. How does Ma care for the trees?
3. What is eating the crops?
4. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
5. How does dust get into the classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billie Jo feel about the piano since Ma has died?
2. What does Daddy do for work since the wheat crop is failing?
3. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
4. What happens when Daddy blows his nose or coughs after a dust storm?
5. What is Bille Jo's overall state of mind in Autumn 1934?
6. Describe the dust storm that wakes Billie Jo at night.
7. Who is Livie?
8. How does Mad Dog make Billie Jo feel like things are back to normal at least for a little bit?
9. Who is Billie Jo? What does she like? Where does she live and who is her family?
10. What is the significance of the snowfall in Autumn 1934?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)