|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
(a) She got four cents too much in change
(b) She forgot the sugar
(c) She forgot the coffee
(d) She forgot to get the mail
2. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
(a) A one time thing
(d) Nerve wracking
3. Why does Billie Jo go to Mrs. Brown's house?
(a) To take singing lessons
(b) To learn to sew
(c) To see a flower as big as a plate
(d) To eat raspberry pie
4. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) Not buying her a new dress
(b) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(c) Not loving her enough
(d) Abandoning her
5. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
(a) Watches from a big window
(b) Hides in her bedroom
(d) Stuffs rugs under the doors and rags around the windows
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo see sliding down her mother's skin?
2. Who has been Billie Jo's best friend since first grade?
3. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
4. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
5. What does Miss Freeland explain to Billie Jo's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the accident that severely injures Ma and Billie Jo.
2. What are the special rules about setting the table during the dust bowl era?
3. What is the argument about a pond between Daddy and Ma?
4. How does Ma react when a brief rain comes in the Summer of 1934?
5. Explain the symbolism of Ma's death which corresponds with the devastation of the apple trees.
6. What is the dust a metaphor for?
7. How does Billie Jo like being on the road and playing piano?
8. How are Billie Jo's injuries treated?
9. What are Ma's injuries and how does Daddy take care of her?
10. What is the irony of Ma not liking Billie Jo to play the piano?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)