|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billie Jo feels _____________ in the presence of her father.
2. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
(c) Mad Dog
3. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
4. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
(a) Ma's death
(b) Her father's indifference
(c) Mad Dog's success
(d) The dust
5. What amazing discovery is made in Oklahoma during this time?
(a) Dinosaur bones
(d) Cave paintings
6. Which of the following does the piano not represent for Billie Jo?
7. With whom does Billie Jo want to leave town?
(a) Mad Dog
(b) Miss Freeland
(c) The Tyler family
(d) The live-in family
8. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
9. At what event is Billie Jo unable to play the piano because her hands hurt?
(a) A dance recital
(b) Arley's wedding anniversary
(d) Sunday church services
10. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
(a) A train accident
(b) A black cloud of dust
(c) Relatives having a picnic
(d) A rainbow
11. Who is James Kingsbury?
(a) A Canadian photographer
(b) A Congressman
(c) The new Methodist minister
(d) Secretary of State
12. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
(a) Taking music lessons
(b) Learning to drive
(c) Not getting pushed out of Daddy's life
(d) Getting a college fund started
13. What does Billie Jo sense returning to the area?
(c) Growing crops
14. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
15. Why can the mail train not get through?
(a) The dust drifts the tracks like snow
(b) The rails are broken
(c) It is held up
(d) The engine fails
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
2. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
3. Where is the talent contest held?
4. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
5. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)