|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
2. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(a) Heart attack
(c) Dust Pneumonia
(d) Kidney failure
3. Who does Billie Jo call from the train station?
(a) Mr. Hardly
(b) Mad Dog
(d) Aunt Ellis
4. What makes the people of Oklahoma begin to think that the dust plague might be over?
(a) A rainbow
(b) Much cooler weather
(c) A week of rain
(d) Two days of clear blue
5. Why can the mail train not get through?
(a) It is held up
(b) The dust drifts the tracks like snow
(c) The rails are broken
(d) The engine fails
6. Which of the following does the piano not represent for Billie Jo?
7. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) Fear of being alone
(b) The same birth date
(c) Bad home lives
(d) The need to escape the dust
8. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) A cousin's funeral
(b) The Spring Fling
(c) A neighbor's wedding
(d) The President's Ball
9. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
(a) Mad Dog's success
(b) Ma's death
(c) Her father's indifference
(d) The dust
10. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
11. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of swollen joints
(b) Because of his weight loss
(c) Because of the spots on his face
(d) Because of his depression
12. Who has moved into the schoolhouse?
(a) A family of five
(b) The minister
(c) The head of the school board
(d) Miss Freeland
13. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
(a) The graves of Ma and Franklin
(b) Her dance recital
(c) Her classroom
(d) Aunt Ellis' house
14. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
15. Which of the following does not catch on fire in the town?
(b) The church
(c) Railroad cars
(d) The school
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
2. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
3. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
4. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
5. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)