|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
(a) Love letters
(b) Sheet music
(c) Almost everything
(d) Family photos
2. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
(a) To work for the power company
(b) To go to college
(c) To sing on the radio
(d) To work on the railroad
3. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
4. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
(b) Sun spots
(c) Age spots
5. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
(b) Wet cloth
6. Which of the following does not catch on fire in the town?
(b) The school
(c) Railroad cars
(d) The church
7. How does Billie Jo test the difference between snow and dust?
(a) She makes a snowball
(b) She makes a snow angel
(c) She mixes it with water
(d) She shovels the walk
8. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
9. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
(a) A single mother
(b) A newlywed couple
(c) A priest
(d) A dirty man
10. Which of the following is not on Billie's Jo's list of things she is thankful for at Thanksgiving?
(a) Daddy's smile
(c) Food without dust
11. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) A neighbor's wedding
(b) A cousin's funeral
(c) The President's Ball
(d) The Spring Fling
12. Why was Ma saving the dimes?
(a) To study music
(b) To have a dress made
(c) To buy a coffee pot
(d) To buy some ribbon
13. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
14. Who is Louise?
(a) Daddy's lady friend
(b) Doc Rice's nurse
(c) The new phone operator in town
(d) Billie Jo's aunt
15. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the people of Oklahoma begin to think that the dust plague might be over?
2. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
3. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
4. Where does Daddy not want Billie Jo to go?
5. Why can the mail train not get through?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)