|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
(a) Her classroom
(b) Aunt Ellis' house
(c) Her dance recital
(d) The graves of Ma and Franklin
2. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
(b) The school
(c) The hardware store
(d) The VFW hall
3. What does the government do to help the farmers?
(a) Spreads water from a plane
(b) Relocates them
(c) Hires workers
(d) Lends money
4. Where does Aunt Ellis live?
(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico
(b) Portland, Oregon
(c) Waco, Texas
(d) Lubbock, Texas
5. Billie Jo feels _____________ in the presence of her father.
6. Where does Daddy decide to go?
(a) Night school
7. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is very artistic
(c) Daddy needs her
(d) She won't stay
8. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
9. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
(a) At peace
(d) Deeply grieved
10. What does Billie Jo see along the tracks?
11. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
12. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
(a) To work on the railroad
(b) To sing on the radio
(c) To go to college
(d) To work for the power company
13. What does Daddy do when a good rain comes following the snow?
(a) Goes to town for umbrellas
(b) Sits in the rain for hours
(c) Puts out more barrels and buckets
(d) Cleans the dust out of his tractor
14. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
(a) Play the piano
(b) Mend Daddy's shirts
(c) Learn to bake
(d) Scrub the house
15. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
(a) Use them
(b) Wear protective gloves
(c) Limit the use of them
(d) Rub oil into them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
2. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
3. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
4. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
5. Why was Ma saving the dimes?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)