|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city is Mad Dog going?
2. Who is Haydon P. Nye?
(a) The school principal
(b) The town banker
(c) One of the first white settlers who came out west
(d) A Congressman
3. Who is Louise?
(a) Doc Rice's nurse
(b) Billie Jo's aunt
(c) The new phone operator in town
(d) Daddy's lady friend
4. Billie Jo tells Louise that there is nothing better than __________________.
5. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
(b) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
(c) She sends details about her will
(d) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
6. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
(c) Practices piano
(d) Writes in a journal
7. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) The President's Ball
(b) A neighbor's wedding
(c) The Spring Fling
(d) A cousin's funeral
8. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
(a) Mad Dog
9. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
(a) A rainbow
(b) A train accident
(c) Relatives having a picnic
(d) A black cloud of dust
10. What does Billie Jo take with her when she leaves in the middle of the night?
(a) A little money and food
(b) A little money and Ma's picture
(c) Aunt Ellis' letter and some food
(d) Clothes on her back
11. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of the spots on his face
(b) Because of his weight loss
(c) Because of swollen joints
(d) Because of his depression
12. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
(a) Not getting pushed out of Daddy's life
(b) Taking music lessons
(c) Getting a college fund started
(d) Learning to drive
13. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
(a) The hardware store
(c) The school
(d) The VFW hall
14. What does Billie Jo finally realize about her father?
(a) She is like him in a good way
(b) He never loved her
(c) She is the light of his life
(d) He is a major disappointment
15. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(b) Dust Pneumonia
(c) Heart attack
(d) Kidney failure
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
2. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
3. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
4. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
5. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)