|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazing discovery is made in Oklahoma during this time?
(b) Cave paintings
(c) Dinosaur bones
2. Billie Jo tells Louise that there is nothing better than __________________.
3. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She won't stay
(c) Daddy needs her
(d) She is very artistic
4. Where does Aunt Ellis live?
(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico
(b) Waco, Texas
(c) Lubbock, Texas
(d) Portland, Oregon
5. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
(a) Her manners
(b) Traces of Ma
(c) Her grammar
(d) Her hygiene
6. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
7. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
(a) A train accident
(b) A rainbow
(c) A black cloud of dust
(d) Relatives having a picnic
8. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
9. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
10. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
(a) Love letters
(b) Almost everything
(c) Family photos
(d) Sheet music
11. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
12. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) A cousin's funeral
(b) A neighbor's wedding
(c) The President's Ball
(d) The Spring Fling
13. Where does Daddy not want Billie Jo to go?
(d) Aunt Ellis' house
14. Which of the following is not on Billie's Jo's list of things she is thankful for at Thanksgiving?
(a) Food without dust
(d) Daddy's smile
15. What does Billie Jo take with her when she leaves in the middle of the night?
(a) Aunt Ellis' letter and some food
(b) A little money and Ma's picture
(c) A little money and food
(d) Clothes on her back
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
2. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
3. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
4. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
5. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)