|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Billie Jo want to leave town?
(a) Miss Freeland
(b) The live-in family
(c) The Tyler family
(d) Mad Dog
2. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
(a) Aunt Ellis' house
(b) The graves of Ma and Franklin
(c) Her dance recital
(d) Her classroom
3. Why can the mail train not get through?
(a) The rails are broken
(b) The engine fails
(c) The dust drifts the tracks like snow
(d) It is held up
4. Where is the talent contest held?
(a) The school auditorium
(b) The VFW hall
(c) The Palace
(d) The church hall
5. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
6. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
7. Who does Billie Jo call from the train station?
(a) Aunt Ellis
(c) Mr. Hardly
(d) Mad Dog
8. What happens when Billie Jo moves around in her bed?
(a) The springs creak
(b) She falls to the floor
(c) It sends up the dust
(d) The mattress shifts
9. What does Daddy reveal to Billie Jo?
(a) He never wanted another child
(b) He thought of leaving too
(c) He has a college fund for her
(d) He didn't always love Ma
10. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
(a) Learn to bake
(b) Scrub the house
(c) Mend Daddy's shirts
(d) Play the piano
11. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
(a) Glazed ham
(b) Roast turkey
(c) Cranberry sauce
(d) Lemon pie
12. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
(a) She is stupid
(b) She plays like a cripple
(c) She has bad manners
(d) Her clothes are torn
13. What does Billie Jo sense returning to the area?
(d) Growing crops
14. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
15. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
(a) Getting a college fund started
(b) Not getting pushed out of Daddy's life
(c) Learning to drive
(d) Taking music lessons
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
2. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
3. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
4. At what event is Billie Jo unable to play the piano because her hands hurt?
5. Who has moved into the schoolhouse?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)