|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found on the church steps?
(a) A food basket
(b) A baby
(d) Used clothes
2. What amazing discovery is made in Oklahoma during this time?
(b) Dinosaur bones
(c) Cave paintings
3. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
(a) She has bad manners
(b) She is stupid
(c) She plays like a cripple
(d) Her clothes are torn
4. Who is Louise?
(a) Billie Jo's aunt
(b) The new phone operator in town
(c) Daddy's lady friend
(d) Doc Rice's nurse
5. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) Bad home lives
(b) Fear of being alone
(c) The same birth date
(d) The need to escape the dust
6. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
(c) Practices piano
(d) Writes in a journal
7. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
(a) She is very artistic
(b) Daddy needs her
(c) She won't stay
(d) She is pregnant
8. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
(a) Love letters
(b) Dimes Ma saved
(c) Old pictures
(d) Pressed flowers in a book
9. Where is the talent contest held?
(a) The church hall
(b) The school auditorium
(c) The Palace
(d) The VFW hall
10. Which of the following do the children not bring for the live-in family?
11. Billie Jo tells Louise that there is nothing better than __________________.
12. What does Billie Jo finally realize about her father?
(a) She is like him in a good way
(b) She is the light of his life
(c) He never loved her
(d) He is a major disappointment
13. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
14. What does Billie Jo think about as she sits in front of Ma's piano?
(a) Ma's playing
(b) Livie's laughter
(c) A song for babies
(d) Mad Dog's success
15. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
(a) Not getting pushed out of Daddy's life
(b) Taking music lessons
(c) Getting a college fund started
(d) Learning to drive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daddy reveal to Billie Jo?
2. What does Daddy's pond represent to Billie Jo?
3. What does Billie Jo see along the tracks?
4. Billie Jo feels _____________ in the presence of her father.
5. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)