|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives at the school compliments of the government?
(a) Surplus food
(b) New books
(c) Art supplies
(d) A school bus
2. Which of the following is not on Billie's Jo's list of things she is thankful for at Thanksgiving?
(b) Daddy's smile
(c) Food without dust
3. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
(a) Scrub the house
(b) Learn to bake
(c) Mend Daddy's shirts
(d) Play the piano
4. Which of the following do the children not bring for the live-in family?
5. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She sends details about her will
(b) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
(c) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
(d) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
6. What does Billie Jo sense returning to the area?
(c) Growing crops
7. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
(a) Dimes Ma saved
(b) Pressed flowers in a book
(c) Old pictures
(d) Love letters
8. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
9. What does the government do to help the farmers?
(a) Relocates them
(b) Lends money
(c) Hires workers
(d) Spreads water from a plane
10. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
(a) She is stupid
(b) She has bad manners
(c) She plays like a cripple
(d) Her clothes are torn
11. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
(a) Deeply grieved
(d) At peace
12. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
(a) To work on the railroad
(b) To sing on the radio
(c) To work for the power company
(d) To go to college
13. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
(a) Her hygiene
(b) Traces of Ma
(c) Her grammar
(d) Her manners
14. What does Billie Jo take with her when she leaves in the middle of the night?
(a) A little money and food
(b) Clothes on her back
(c) A little money and Ma's picture
(d) Aunt Ellis' letter and some food
15. How did Daddy meet Louise?
(a) She was Daddy's teacher in night school
(b) She worked at the grocer's
(c) She worked at the bank
(d) She worked at the phone company
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
2. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
3. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
4. What happens when Billie Jo moves around in her bed?
5. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)