|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
(a) She is very artistic
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She won't stay
(d) Daddy needs her
2. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
3. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
(b) She sends details about her will
(c) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
(d) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
4. What is found on the church steps?
(a) A baby
(b) Used clothes
(c) A food basket
5. What does the passenger leave Billie Jo when he goes?
(b) A picture of his family
6. Billie Jo feels _____________ in the presence of her father.
7. Where does Aunt Ellis live?
(a) Portland, Oregon
(b) Albuquerque, New Mexico
(c) Waco, Texas
(d) Lubbock, Texas
8. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
9. Why was Ma saving the dimes?
(a) To buy some ribbon
(b) To have a dress made
(c) To study music
(d) To buy a coffee pot
10. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
(a) Writes in a journal
(c) Practices piano
11. What does Billie Jo sense returning to the area?
(a) Growing crops
12. Who is Louise?
(a) Daddy's lady friend
(b) The new phone operator in town
(c) Billie Jo's aunt
(d) Doc Rice's nurse
13. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
(a) Her dance recital
(b) Aunt Ellis' house
(c) The graves of Ma and Franklin
(d) Her classroom
14. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
15. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
(a) Her manners
(b) Her grammar
(c) Her hygiene
(d) Traces of Ma
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
2. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
3. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
4. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
5. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)