|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) The need to escape the dust
(b) The same birth date
(c) Bad home lives
(d) Fear of being alone
2. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
(a) The VFW hall
(b) The school
(d) The hardware store
3. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
4. How does Billie Jo test the difference between snow and dust?
(a) She mixes it with water
(b) She makes a snow angel
(c) She makes a snowball
(d) She shovels the walk
5. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
(a) She misses her father
(b) She has left her father alone
(c) She wants to move to Amarillo
(d) She wants to go to Aunt Ellis' house
6. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
(a) Traces of Ma
(b) Her grammar
(c) Her hygiene
(d) Her manners
7. Why was Ma saving the dimes?
(a) To have a dress made
(b) To study music
(c) To buy a coffee pot
(d) To buy some ribbon
8. Who is Haydon P. Nye?
(a) The school principal
(b) The town banker
(c) One of the first white settlers who came out west
(d) A Congressman
9. How did Daddy meet Louise?
(a) She worked at the grocer's
(b) She was Daddy's teacher in night school
(c) She worked at the phone company
(d) She worked at the bank
10. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
(a) She is stupid
(b) She plays like a cripple
(c) She has bad manners
(d) Her clothes are torn
11. What does Daddy's pond represent to Billie Jo?
(a) A folly
(c) His grave
(d) A dream
12. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of his weight loss
(b) Because of swollen joints
(c) Because of his depression
(d) Because of the spots on his face
13. What does Billie Jo tell Louise that Billie Jo has like her mother?
(a) Tiny ears
(b) Piano hands
(c) Full lips
(d) Wiry hair
14. Who has moved into the schoolhouse?
(a) The minister
(b) A family of five
(c) Miss Freeland
(d) The head of the school board
15. What happens when Billie Jo moves around in her bed?
(a) The mattress shifts
(b) She falls to the floor
(c) It sends up the dust
(d) The springs creak
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
2. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
3. What is Louise's best domestic skill?
4. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
5. To what city is Mad Dog going?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)