|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of the spots on his face
(b) Because of his weight loss
(c) Because of swollen joints
(d) Because of his depression
2. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
(a) Taking music lessons
(b) Learning to drive
(c) Not getting pushed out of Daddy's life
(d) Getting a college fund started
3. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
4. Which of the following does not catch on fire in the town?
(b) The school
(c) The church
(d) Railroad cars
5. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
(a) Roast turkey
(b) Lemon pie
(c) Glazed ham
(d) Cranberry sauce
6. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) The President's Ball
(b) The Spring Fling
(c) A cousin's funeral
(d) A neighbor's wedding
7. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
8. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
(c) Mad Dog
9. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
10. How did Daddy meet Louise?
(a) She was Daddy's teacher in night school
(b) She worked at the grocer's
(c) She worked at the bank
(d) She worked at the phone company
11. What does Billie Jo think about as she sits in front of Ma's piano?
(a) Livie's laughter
(b) Ma's playing
(c) A song for babies
(d) Mad Dog's success
12. What does the government do to help the farmers?
(a) Relocates them
(b) Spreads water from a plane
(c) Lends money
(d) Hires workers
13. Where is the talent contest held?
(a) The Palace
(b) The church hall
(c) The school auditorium
(d) The VFW hall
14. Where does Daddy decide to go?
(a) Night school
15. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
(a) Relatives having a picnic
(b) A train accident
(c) A black cloud of dust
(d) A rainbow
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
2. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
3. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
4. What does Billie Jo finally realize about her father?
5. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)