|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) The Spring Fling
(b) The President's Ball
(c) A cousin's funeral
(d) A neighbor's wedding
2. What does the passenger leave Billie Jo when he goes?
(d) A picture of his family
3. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
(a) Lemon pie
(b) Cranberry sauce
(c) Glazed ham
(d) Roast turkey
4. Which of the following does not catch on fire in the town?
(a) The church
(c) The school
(d) Railroad cars
5. At what event is Billie Jo unable to play the piano because her hands hurt?
(a) A dance recital
(c) Arley's wedding anniversary
(d) Sunday church services
6. What makes the people of Oklahoma begin to think that the dust plague might be over?
(a) A week of rain
(b) A rainbow
(c) Two days of clear blue
(d) Much cooler weather
7. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(a) Dust Pneumonia
(b) Kidney failure
(c) Heart attack
8. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
(a) Dimes Ma saved
(b) Love letters
(c) Old pictures
(d) Pressed flowers in a book
9. Who does Billie Jo call from the train station?
(a) Mr. Hardly
(b) Mad Dog
(c) Aunt Ellis
10. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
(b) Wet cloth
11. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
12. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
(a) They spend as much time together as possible
(b) They avoid each other
(c) They don't talk much
(d) They are hostile
13. Where is the talent contest held?
(a) The church hall
(b) The school auditorium
(c) The Palace
(d) The VFW hall
14. How did Daddy meet Louise?
(a) She worked at the phone company
(b) She was Daddy's teacher in night school
(c) She worked at the grocer's
(d) She worked at the bank
15. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
(a) Her hygiene
(b) Her manners
(c) Her grammar
(d) Traces of Ma
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo have some trepidation about looking at?
2. Where does Billie Jo go in the middle of the night?
3. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
4. In what city does Billie Jo get off the train?
5. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)