|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
2. What happens when Billie Jo moves around in her bed?
(a) The springs creak
(b) It sends up the dust
(c) The mattress shifts
(d) She falls to the floor
3. Which of the following does not catch on fire in the town?
(a) Railroad cars
(b) The school
(d) The church
4. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
(a) Love letters
(b) Old pictures
(c) Pressed flowers in a book
(d) Dimes Ma saved
5. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
6. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
7. Which of the following is not on Billie's Jo's list of things she is thankful for at Thanksgiving?
(a) Daddy's smile
(d) Food without dust
8. Where does Daddy decide to go?
(d) Night school
9. Where does Daddy not want Billie Jo to go?
(d) Aunt Ellis' house
10. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(a) Heart attack
(c) Dust Pneumonia
(d) Kidney failure
11. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She won't stay
(c) Daddy needs her
(d) She is very artistic
12. What makes the people of Oklahoma begin to think that the dust plague might be over?
(a) Two days of clear blue
(b) Much cooler weather
(c) A week of rain
(d) A rainbow
13. Where is the talent contest held?
(a) The school auditorium
(b) The VFW hall
(c) The Palace
(d) The church hall
14. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) The same birth date
(b) Bad home lives
(c) The need to escape the dust
(d) Fear of being alone
15. Who is James Kingsbury?
(a) A Congressman
(b) Secretary of State
(c) A Canadian photographer
(d) The new Methodist minister
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Billie Jo get off the train?
2. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
3. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
4. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
5. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)