|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is James Kingsbury?
(a) The new Methodist minister
(b) A Congressman
(c) Secretary of State
(d) A Canadian photographer
2. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
(a) They spend as much time together as possible
(b) They avoid each other
(c) They are hostile
(d) They don't talk much
3. What does the passenger ask Billie Jo for?
4. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
5. What does Billie Jo take with her when she leaves in the middle of the night?
(a) Clothes on her back
(b) Aunt Ellis' letter and some food
(c) A little money and food
(d) A little money and Ma's picture
6. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
(a) Wear protective gloves
(b) Rub oil into them
(c) Use them
(d) Limit the use of them
7. In what city does Billie Jo get off the train?
8. What does Daddy do when a good rain comes following the snow?
(a) Puts out more barrels and buckets
(b) Cleans the dust out of his tractor
(c) Sits in the rain for hours
(d) Goes to town for umbrellas
9. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
(a) A priest
(b) A dirty man
(c) A single mother
(d) A newlywed couple
10. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
(a) Mad Dog's success
(b) The dust
(c) Her father's indifference
(d) Ma's death
11. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
12. Where does Daddy decide to go?
(d) Night school
13. What does Billie Jo have some trepidation about looking at?
(a) Her father
(b) The piano
(c) The cemetery
(d) The new baby
14. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) Daddy needs her
(c) She is very artistic
(d) She won't stay
15. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
2. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
3. What does Billie Jo think about as she sits in front of Ma's piano?
4. What does the government do to help the farmers?
5. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)