|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daddy decide to go?
(d) Night school
2. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of swollen joints
(b) Because of his depression
(c) Because of his weight loss
(d) Because of the spots on his face
3. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
4. What do Daddy and Billie Jo keep from the two boxes of Ma's things?
(a) Love letters
(b) Almost everything
(c) Family photos
(d) Sheet music
5. How did Daddy meet Louise?
(a) She was Daddy's teacher in night school
(b) She worked at the bank
(c) She worked at the grocer's
(d) She worked at the phone company
6. Which of the following is not something Billie Jo feels bitter about?
(a) Her father's indifference
(b) Mad Dog's success
(c) The dust
(d) Ma's death
7. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
(b) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
(c) She sends details about her will
(d) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
8. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
9. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
(d) Mad Dog
10. What item is not made for this year's Christmas dinner?
(a) Lemon pie
(b) Cranberry sauce
(c) Glazed ham
(d) Roast turkey
11. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
(b) At peace
(d) Deeply grieved
12. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
13. What does Billie Jo finally realize about her father?
(a) He is a major disappointment
(b) He never loved her
(c) She is like him in a good way
(d) She is the light of his life
14. What does Billie Jo realize about Louise?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is very artistic
(c) She won't stay
(d) Daddy needs her
15. Which of the following does the piano not represent for Billie Jo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo have some trepidation about looking at?
2. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
3. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
4. What does Daddy's pond represent to Billie Jo?
5. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)