|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
(b) At peace
(c) Deeply grieved
2. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) Fear of being alone
(b) The need to escape the dust
(c) The same birth date
(d) Bad home lives
3. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
(a) Mend Daddy's shirts
(b) Play the piano
(c) Learn to bake
(d) Scrub the house
4. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
5. What is Louise's best domestic skill?
6. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
(a) Longer hair
(b) A different color of eyes
(c) Smaller ears
(d) Traces of Ma
7. Billie Jo tells Louise that there is nothing better than __________________.
8. What does Billie Jo tell Louise that Billie Jo has like her mother?
(a) Wiry hair
(b) Tiny ears
(c) Piano hands
(d) Full lips
9. What happens when Billie Jo moves around in her bed?
(a) It sends up the dust
(b) She falls to the floor
(c) The springs creak
(d) The mattress shifts
10. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
(a) Will be changing careers
(b) Is master of his own future
(c) Will be coming home soon
(d) Will never return to this town
11. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
(a) A newlywed couple
(b) A dirty man
(c) A priest
(d) A single mother
12. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
(a) The VFW hall
(b) The school
(d) The hardware store
13. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(a) Dust Pneumonia
(b) Heart attack
(c) Kidney failure
14. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
(a) Because of his weight loss
(b) Because of swollen joints
(c) Because of his depression
(d) Because of the spots on his face
15. What does Billie Jo have some trepidation about looking at?
(a) Her father
(b) The new baby
(c) The piano
(d) The cemetery
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
2. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
3. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
4. What amazing discovery is made in Oklahoma during this time?
5. Who is James Kingsbury?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)