|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazing discovery is made in Oklahoma during this time?
(b) Dinosaur bones
(d) Cave paintings
2. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
(a) She misses her father
(b) She wants to move to Amarillo
(c) She has left her father alone
(d) She wants to go to Aunt Ellis' house
3. What makes the people of Oklahoma begin to think that the dust plague might be over?
(a) A rainbow
(b) Two days of clear blue
(c) A week of rain
(d) Much cooler weather
4. Who does Billie Jo have a crush on?
(b) Mad Dog
5. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
(a) Her dance recital
(b) Aunt Ellis' house
(c) The graves of Ma and Franklin
(d) Her classroom
6. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
(b) Age spots
(d) Sun spots
7. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
(a) Learning to drive
(b) Getting a college fund started
(c) Taking music lessons
(d) Not getting pushed out of Daddy's life
8. What does Daddy reveal to Billie Jo?
(a) He thought of leaving too
(b) He has a college fund for her
(c) He didn't always love Ma
(d) He never wanted another child
9. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
10. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
(a) She has bad manners
(b) Her clothes are torn
(c) She is stupid
(d) She plays like a cripple
11. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
(a) Mend Daddy's shirts
(b) Play the piano
(c) Scrub the house
(d) Learn to bake
12. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
(b) The school
(c) The hardware store
(d) The VFW hall
13. Billie Jo tells Louise that there is nothing better than __________________.
14. What does Billie Jo tell Louise that Billie Jo has like her mother?
(a) Wiry hair
(b) Piano hands
(c) Tiny ears
(d) Full lips
15. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
(a) Wear protective gloves
(b) Limit the use of them
(c) Use them
(d) Rub oil into them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ma saving the dimes?
2. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
3. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
4. Who begins to leave the area in large groups?
5. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)