|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city is Mad Dog going?
2. What does Louise arrange in a bowl?
3. What is Louise's best domestic skill?
4. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
5. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
(a) Will be coming home soon
(b) Will be changing careers
(c) Will never return to this town
(d) Is master of his own future
6. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
7. Where will Billie Jo not allow Louise to go?
(a) The graves of Ma and Franklin
(b) Her dance recital
(c) Her classroom
(d) Aunt Ellis' house
8. What does Doc Rice tell Billie Jo to do with her hands?
(a) Limit the use of them
(b) Wear protective gloves
(c) Use them
(d) Rub oil into them
9. What does the government do to help the farmers?
(a) Lends money
(b) Relocates them
(c) Spreads water from a plane
(d) Hires workers
10. Where does Daddy not want Billie Jo to go?
(b) Aunt Ellis' house
11. Which of the following does not catch on fire in the town?
(a) Railroad cars
(b) The school
(c) The church
12. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
13. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
(a) Longer hair
(b) A different color of eyes
(c) Traces of Ma
(d) Smaller ears
14. Why can the mail train not get through?
(a) The engine fails
(b) The dust drifts the tracks like snow
(c) It is held up
(d) The rails are broken
15. What does Billie Jo think about as she sits in front of Ma's piano?
(a) Ma's playing
(b) A song for babies
(c) Mad Dog's success
(d) Livie's laughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
2. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
3. Why does Billie Jo tell her father to go to the doctor?
4. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
5. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)