|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
2. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
3. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
(a) To go to college
(b) To work on the railroad
(c) To sing on the radio
(d) To work for the power company
4. What is Billie Jo's main concern right now?
(a) Not getting pushed out of Daddy's life
(b) Getting a college fund started
(c) Taking music lessons
(d) Learning to drive
5. What do the thoughts of her mother prompt Billie Jo to do?
(a) Play the piano
(b) Scrub the house
(c) Mend Daddy's shirts
(d) Learn to bake
6. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
(a) A rainbow
(b) A black cloud of dust
(c) A train accident
(d) Relatives having a picnic
7. What are the spots on Daddy's face?
(b) Age spots
(c) Sun spots
8. Where does Daddy not want Billie Jo to go?
(b) Aunt Ellis' house
9. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
(a) They don't talk much
(b) They are hostile
(c) They avoid each other
(d) They spend as much time together as possible
10. How does Billie Jo view Louise's role in her life?
11. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
(a) A beat up truck
(b) A bad debt
(c) An old car
(d) A herd of cows
12. What does Daddy's pond represent to Billie Jo?
(a) A dream
(b) His grave
(c) A folly
13. What do Billie Jo and the passenger have in common?
(a) The same birth date
(b) The need to escape the dust
(c) Bad home lives
(d) Fear of being alone
14. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
15. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
(a) Her manners
(b) Her hygiene
(c) Traces of Ma
(d) Her grammar
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the children not bring for the live-in family?
2. Where does Aunt Ellis live?
3. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
4. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
5. What does Billie Jo take with her when she leaves in the middle of the night?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)