|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city is Mad Dog going?
2. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
(a) Will never return to this town
(b) Is master of his own future
(c) Will be coming home soon
(d) Will be changing careers
3. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(b) Dust Pneumonia
(c) Kidney failure
(d) Heart attack
4. What does Billie Jo tell Louise that Billie Jo has like her mother?
(a) Tiny ears
(b) Full lips
(c) Piano hands
(d) Wiry hair
5. What does Billie Jo find in a box of baby clothes?
(a) Old pictures
(b) Pressed flowers in a book
(c) Dimes Ma saved
(d) Love letters
6. Where do people in town go to listen to Mad Dog's radio performance?
(a) The school
(b) The hardware store
(c) The VFW hall
7. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
(a) A bad debt
(b) An old car
(c) A herd of cows
(d) A beat up truck
8. Where does Billie Jo go in the middle of the night?
(a) Aunt Ellis' house
(b) A train headed west
(d) Miss Freeland's house
9. What does the passenger leave Billie Jo when he goes?
(a) A picture of his family
10. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
(b) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
(c) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
(d) She sends details about her will
11. What does the government do to help the farmers?
(a) Hires workers
(b) Relocates them
(c) Lends money
(d) Spreads water from a plane
12. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
13. What does Daddy do when a good rain comes following the snow?
(a) Goes to town for umbrellas
(b) Sits in the rain for hours
(c) Puts out more barrels and buckets
(d) Cleans the dust out of his tractor
14. What does Billie Jo finally realize about her father?
(a) He is a major disappointment
(b) She is like him in a good way
(c) She is the light of his life
(d) He never loved her
15. What arrives at the school compliments of the government?
(a) New books
(b) Art supplies
(c) A school bus
(d) Surplus food
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billie Jo describe her train trip?
2. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
3. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
4. What does Billie Jo sense returning to the area?
5. Where does Aunt Ellis live?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)