|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Billie Jo go on the road with to play piano?
(a) The Brice Family
(b) The Goodwin Gospel Group
(c) Arley Wanderdale
(d) Mr. Romney
2. In what year is Billie Jo born?
3. How many other children other than Billie Jo are in Billie Jo's family in the Beginning?
4. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) The softball coach
(b) The basketball coach
5. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Prunes them each summer
(b) Doesn't do anything to them
(c) Fertilizes them every week
(d) Waters them despite the drought
6. What does Daddy feed Ma?
(a) Sips of water
(b) Orange juice
(c) Ice cream
7. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) Because the school has cancelled the athletic program
(b) Because the team is full
(c) Because they're not taking girls on the team
(d) Because her hands are injured
8. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
(b) Stuffs rugs under the doors and rags around the windows
(c) Watches from a big window
(d) Hides in her bedroom
9. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
10. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
(a) Completed high school two years early
(b) Highest in the state achievement tests
(c) Winner of the regional spelling bee
(d) Full college scholarship
11. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) Mount Kilauea erupts
(b) There is a pineapple pickers strike
(c) The stereo is invented
(d) Pearl Harbor is attacked
12. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
(a) 3 bushels
(b) 8 bushels
(c) 17 bushels
(d) 13 bushels
13. In what state is Billie Jo born?
14. In her dream what does Billie Jo find in the neighbor's house?
(a) Dead apple trees
(b) A statue of Franklin D. Roosevelt
(c) A piano
(d) A wall of dust
15. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being in a room with a piano
(b) Being a teenager
(c) Living with her father
(d) Going to school
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
2. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
3. What totally unexpected event occurs in Autumn 1934?
4. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
5. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)