|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) She tutored a classmate
(b) She shares her textbooks
(c) She did extra homework
(d) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
2. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
(a) Doesn't stare at her hands
(b) Doesn't swear
(c) Doesn't leer at her
(d) Doesn't drink alcohol
3. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) Not buying her a new dress
(b) Abandoning her
(c) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(d) Not loving her enough
4. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(c) Prairie grass
5. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
(a) Play piano
(b) Sell tickets
(c) Serve refreshments
(d) Sew costumes
6. What event is held at the courthouse?
(a) Barbershop quartet show
(b) Art exhibit
(c) Political rally
(d) Ice cream social
7. How had Ma brought in a little bit of money once in awhile?
(d) Playing piano
8. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
9. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) She is on the clean-up crew
(b) None of her painting sold
(c) She can't see more art
(d) They didn't make enough money
10. In what state is Billie Jo born?
11. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
12. What is Billie Jo's new baby brother named?
13. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) Mount Kilauea erupts
(b) The stereo is invented
(c) There is a pineapple pickers strike
(d) Pearl Harbor is attacked
14. What does Billie Jo hunger for in her life?
15. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a reputation for cheating customers at his store?
2. In what war did Billie Jo's father serve?
3. What is contained in the boxes that Billie Jo finds?
4. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
5. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)