|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
2. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
3. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
(a) With the plates and glasses upside down
(b) With plastic wrap over the dishes
(c) With a plastic tablecloth
(d) With dish towels covering the food
4. What does Billie Jo hunger for in her life?
5. In what war did Billie Jo's father serve?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) Korean War
(c) World War I
(d) World War II
6. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
(a) Winner of the regional spelling bee
(b) Highest in the state achievement tests
(c) Completed high school two years early
(d) Full college scholarship
7. How is Daddy going to get help with the farm?
(a) A government loan
(b) A new tractor
(c) Better seeds
(d) A new partner
8. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Living with her father
(b) Being in a room with a piano
(c) Being a teenager
(d) Going to school
9. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
10. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
11. Arley thinks that Billie Jo can ___________________________.
(a) Play piano again if she tries
(b) Be anything she wants to be
(c) Learn to cook
(d) Go to college on a scholarship
12. What flowers would grow on the graves of the war dead?
(a) White roses
(b) Pink peonies
(c) Blue iris
(d) Red poppies
13. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
(d) New Mexico
14. What does Miss Freeland explain to Billie Jo's class?
(a) How the drought happened
(b) The solar system
(c) The reasons for World War I
(d) The case for evolution
15. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
(a) Where he performs
(b) Where he lives
(c) How he got his name
(d) How old he is
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daddy's job?
2. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
3. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
4. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
5. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)