|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) Abandoning her
(b) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(c) Not buying her a new dress
(d) Not loving her enough
2. What event is held at the courthouse?
(a) Barbershop quartet show
(b) Political rally
(c) Ice cream social
(d) Art exhibit
3. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
(a) She got four cents too much in change
(b) She forgot the coffee
(c) She forgot to get the mail
(d) She forgot the sugar
4. In what year is Billie Jo born?
5. What does Billie Jo see sliding down her mother's skin?
6. How does dust get into the classroom?
(a) Through the mail slot
(b) The cracks in the walls and the windows
(c) Down the chimney
(d) The skylight
7. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
(c) Her piano
8. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
9. Which of the following does not hurt Billie Jo's hands?
10. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
11. What is eating the crops?
12. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
(a) How old he is
(b) Where he performs
(c) How he got his name
(d) Where he lives
13. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
14. Where does Daddy go to work?
(a) The power company
(b) The state government
(c) The phone company
15. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
(b) Stuffs rugs under the doors and rags around the windows
(c) Hides in her bedroom
(d) Watches from a big window
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other children other than Billie Jo are in Billie Jo's family in the Beginning?
2. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
3. What does Billie Jo wish she could do in town?
4. Ma is burned so badly that she is _______________________.
5. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)