|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(b) Run the streets
(c) Rattle his chain
(d) Eat anything he could
2. Billie Jo likes seeing new places and ________________________.
(a) Going sightseeing
(b) Meeting new people
(c) Taking pictures
(d) Having fun
3. What do the neighbors talk about after Ma's funeral?
(a) How Ma was too good for Daddy
(b) How young Ma was
(c) How dirty the house is
(d) How Billie Jo threw the bucket of kerosene
4. In what opera is Billie Jo's teacher going to sing?
(b) The Marriage of Figaro
(d) Madame Butterfly
5. What does Daddy think about Ma's idea to get water to the crops?
(a) It is sure worth a try
(b) It is idiotic
(c) It is bound to work
(d) It will dry up the well
6. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
(a) Hiring some help
(b) Selling the farm
(c) Digging a pond
(d) Buying a tractor
7. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
(a) During summer vacation
(b) On her tenth birthday
(c) On Christmas
(d) On her fifth birthday
8. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
9. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
(a) Play piano
(b) Sell tickets
(c) Sew costumes
(d) Serve refreshments
10. How is Daddy going to get help with the farm?
(a) A new tractor
(b) A government loan
(c) Better seeds
(d) A new partner
11. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
(a) Doing laundry
(b) Apple trees
(c) Washing dishes
12. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
(a) That she can be anything she wants to be
(b) That he loves her
(c) To put her hands to good use
(d) That she is beautiful
13. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
(a) Mad Dog
(b) Billie Jo
14. Why is Billie Jo mad at her mother?
(a) She will not let her go to the movies
(b) She will not let her wear makeup
(c) She will not let her miss school to practice for a program
(d) She will not make her a new dress
15. The boy who stops at Billie Jo's house to work and eat is headed to __________________.
(d) Las Vegas
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma is burned so badly that she is _______________________.
2. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
3. Who is Arley Wanderdale?
4. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
5. What does Daddy feed Ma?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)