Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
(a) Selling the farm
(b) Hiring some help
(c) Digging a pond
(d) Buying a tractor
2. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) She is on the clean-up crew
(b) They didn't make enough money
(c) She can't see more art
(d) None of her painting sold
3. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
(a) That she can be anything she wants to be
(b) To put her hands to good use
(c) That he loves her
(d) That she is beautiful
4. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) Because the team is full
(b) Because they're not taking girls on the team
(c) Because her hands are injured
(d) Because the school has cancelled the athletic program
5. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
(b) Car dealership
(d) Rib-thin cattle
6. What event is held at the courthouse?
(a) Barbershop quartet show
(b) Ice cream social
(c) Political rally
(d) Art exhibit
7. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being a teenager
(b) Going to school
(c) Living with her father
(d) Being in a room with a piano
8. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
(a) Watches from a big window
(b) Hides in her bedroom
(d) Stuffs rugs under the doors and rags around the windows
9. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(c) The softball coach
(d) The basketball coach
10. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
(a) He doesn't know
11. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
12. What does Billie Jo hunger for in her life?
13. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
(a) Mad Dog
(d) Billie Jo
14. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
(a) She calls out for her
(b) She goes into a coma
(c) She asks for a priest
(d) She dies
15. In her dream what does Billie Jo find in the neighbor's house?
(a) A statue of Franklin D. Roosevelt
(b) Dead apple trees
(c) A piano
(d) A wall of dust
Short Answer Questions
1. What totally unexpected event occurs in Autumn 1934?
2. Which of the following does not hurt Billie Jo's hands?
3. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
4. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)