|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
2. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
3. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
4. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
(a) With the plates and glasses upside down
(b) With a plastic tablecloth
(c) With dish towels covering the food
(d) With plastic wrap over the dishes
5. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
(a) Sells the farm
(b) Goes on a drinking binge
(c) Hires some help
(d) Makes out his will
6. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
(a) Doesn't drink alcohol
(b) Doesn't leer at her
(c) Doesn't stare at her hands
(d) Doesn't swear
7. Billie Jo likes seeing new places and ________________________.
(a) Taking pictures
(b) Going sightseeing
(c) Having fun
(d) Meeting new people
8. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
9. What is eating the crops?
10. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) She tutored a classmate
(b) She did extra homework
(c) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
(d) She shares her textbooks
11. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
12. What does Daddy feed Ma?
(a) Orange juice
(b) Sips of water
(d) Ice cream
13. What do the neighbors talk about after Ma's funeral?
(a) How Billie Jo threw the bucket of kerosene
(b) How Ma was too good for Daddy
(c) How dirty the house is
(d) How young Ma was
14. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
(a) A bank loan
(b) A drizzling rain
(c) A new car
(d) An inheritance
15. In what state is Billie Jo born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
2. What does Billie Jo hunger for in her life?
3. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
4. Who has been Billie Jo's best friend since first grade?
5. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)