|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is eating the crops?
2. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
(a) Makes out his will
(b) Goes on a drinking binge
(c) Sells the farm
(d) Hires some help
3. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Fertilizes them every week
(b) Doesn't do anything to them
(c) Waters them despite the drought
(d) Prunes them each summer
4. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
5. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
6. What does Miss Freeland explain to Billie Jo's class?
(a) The reasons for World War I
(b) The solar system
(c) How the drought happened
(d) The case for evolution
7. What does Daddy feed Ma?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Orange juice
(c) Sips of water
8. Who is Arley Wanderdale?
(a) The army recruiter
(b) A seed salesman
(c) The local extension agent
(d) Billie Jo's music teacher
9. What do the neighbors talk about after Ma's funeral?
(a) How Ma was too good for Daddy
(b) How young Ma was
(c) How Billie Jo threw the bucket of kerosene
(d) How dirty the house is
10. Billie Jo likes seeing new places and ________________________.
(a) Having fun
(b) Meeting new people
(c) Going sightseeing
(d) Taking pictures
11. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
(d) Of flames
12. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) The softball coach
(b) The basketball coach
13. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Living with her father
(b) Being in a room with a piano
(c) Being a teenager
(d) Going to school
14. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
15. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(b) Prairie grass
Short Answer Questions
1. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
2. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
3. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
4. The boy who stops at Billie Jo's house to work and eat is headed to __________________.
5. What does Billie Jo forget about when she's on the road?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)