|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
(a) Billie Jo
(c) Mad Dog
2. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
(a) Completed high school two years early
(b) Full college scholarship
(c) Highest in the state achievement tests
(d) Winner of the regional spelling bee
3. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
4. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
(a) Car dealership
(b) Rib-thin cattle
5. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
(a) 13 bushels
(b) 17 bushels
(c) 3 bushels
(d) 8 bushels
6. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
(a) Stuffs rugs under the doors and rags around the windows
(c) Watches from a big window
(d) Hides in her bedroom
7. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
8. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
(d) He doesn't know
9. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
(a) On her tenth birthday
(b) On Christmas
(c) On her fifth birthday
(d) During summer vacation
10. What does Miss Freeland explain to Billie Jo's class?
(a) The reasons for World War I
(b) The case for evolution
(c) How the drought happened
(d) The solar system
11. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
(a) A windmill
(c) A sprinkler system
(d) Water tower
12. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
(a) To put her hands to good use
(b) That she can be anything she wants to be
(c) That she is beautiful
(d) That he loves her
13. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) Pearl Harbor is attacked
(b) The stereo is invented
(c) Mount Kilauea erupts
(d) There is a pineapple pickers strike
14. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
(c) A team player
15. Why does Billie Jo go to Mrs. Brown's house?
(a) To eat raspberry pie
(b) To learn to sew
(c) To take singing lessons
(d) To see a flower as big as a plate
Short Answer Questions
1. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
2. What crop is dying and drying up?
3. Who has been Billie Jo's best friend since first grade?
4. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
5. Who has a reputation for cheating customers at his store?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)