|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
2. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
(a) Buying a tractor
(b) Digging a pond
(c) Hiring some help
(d) Selling the farm
3. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) She shares her textbooks
(b) She tutored a classmate
(c) She did extra homework
(d) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
4. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
(b) Rib-thin cattle
(d) Car dealership
5. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
6. What does Daddy feed Ma?
(b) Sips of water
(c) Orange juice
(d) Ice cream
7. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
8. How many other children other than Billie Jo are in Billie Jo's family in the Beginning?
9. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
10. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Living with her father
(b) Being a teenager
(c) Being in a room with a piano
(d) Going to school
11. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
12. What does Daddy think about Ma's idea to get water to the crops?
(a) It will dry up the well
(b) It is sure worth a try
(c) It is bound to work
(d) It is idiotic
13. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
14. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
(d) He doesn't know
15. Why does Daddy get a different job?
(a) He wants an office job
(b) The crop is not going to produce anything
(c) He needs insurance benefits
(d) He is bored with farming
Short Answer Questions
1. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
2. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
3. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
4. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
5. Where does Daddy go to work?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)