|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being a teenager
(b) Going to school
(c) Being in a room with a piano
(d) Living with her father
3. The boy who stops at Billie Jo's house to work and eat is headed to __________________.
(a) Las Vegas
4. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
(a) She forgot the sugar
(b) She forgot to get the mail
(c) She got four cents too much in change
(d) She forgot the coffee
5. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
6. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
(a) A bank loan
(b) A new car
(c) A drizzling rain
(d) An inheritance
7. What is Billie Jo's new baby brother named?
8. What does Daddy think about Ma's idea to get water to the crops?
(a) It is bound to work
(b) It is idiotic
(c) It will dry up the well
(d) It is sure worth a try
9. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
(a) A sprinkler system
(b) A windmill
(c) Water tower
10. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) She is on the clean-up crew
(b) They didn't make enough money
(c) None of her painting sold
(d) She can't see more art
11. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
(a) Rib-thin cattle
(c) Car dealership
12. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
(c) Of flames
13. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) The basketball coach
(c) The softball coach
14. How had Ma brought in a little bit of money once in awhile?
(a) Playing piano
15. What event is held at the courthouse?
(a) Political rally
(b) Barbershop quartet show
(c) Ice cream social
(d) Art exhibit
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daddy's job?
2. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
3. What does Billie Jo see sliding down her mother's skin?
4. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
5. Why does Billie Jo go to Mrs. Brown's house?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)