|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What totally unexpected event occurs in Autumn 1934?
(a) Billie Jo falls in love
(b) Daddy sells the farm
(c) It snows
(d) A meteor falls in the field
2. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
3. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
4. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) Because the school has cancelled the athletic program
(b) Because the team is full
(c) Because they're not taking girls on the team
(d) Because her hands are injured
5. Where does Daddy go to work?
(b) The phone company
(c) The power company
(d) The state government
6. What is eating the crops?
7. How is Daddy going to get help with the farm?
(a) A new tractor
(b) A new partner
(c) Better seeds
(d) A government loan
8. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) She shares her textbooks
(b) She tutored a classmate
(c) She did extra homework
(d) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
9. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) Not buying her a new dress
(b) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(c) Abandoning her
(d) Not loving her enough
10. What does Billie Jo forget about when she's on the road?
(a) The dust
(b) The depression
(c) Her grade card
(d) Her homework
11. In what year is Billie Jo born?
12. What does Miss Freeland explain to Billie Jo's class?
(a) How the drought happened
(b) The reasons for World War I
(c) The solar system
(d) The case for evolution
13. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
14. How had Ma brought in a little bit of money once in awhile?
(a) Playing piano
15. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
2. How does dust get into the classroom?
3. What does Billie Jo see eating up the wheat crop?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
5. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)