|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
(a) Higher wages
(b) The smell of rain
(c) Increased wheat prices
(d) Bank loans
2. Who does Billie Jo go on the road with to play piano?
(a) Mr. Romney
(b) The Goodwin Gospel Group
(c) The Brice Family
(d) Arley Wanderdale
3. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
(c) Of flames
4. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) None of her painting sold
(b) She is on the clean-up crew
(c) They didn't make enough money
(d) She can't see more art
5. Billie Jo likes seeing new places and ________________________.
(a) Having fun
(b) Meeting new people
(c) Going sightseeing
(d) Taking pictures
6. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
7. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being in a room with a piano
(b) Being a teenager
(c) Living with her father
(d) Going to school
8. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
(a) Doing laundry
(c) Apple trees
(d) Washing dishes
9. What flowers would grow on the graves of the war dead?
(a) Red poppies
(b) White roses
(c) Pink peonies
(d) Blue iris
10. How does dust get into the classroom?
(a) Through the mail slot
(b) The cracks in the walls and the windows
(c) The skylight
(d) Down the chimney
11. Who has been Billie Jo's best friend since first grade?
12. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(b) Prairie grass
13. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
(a) Sew costumes
(b) Play piano
(c) Sell tickets
(d) Serve refreshments
14. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) The basketball coach
(b) The softball coach
15. Where does Daddy go to work?
(b) The state government
(c) The power company
(d) The phone company
Short Answer Questions
1. Arley thinks that Billie Jo can ___________________________.
2. What does Billie Jo wish she could do in town?
3. What happens when Billie Jo throws the pail outside?
4. What is Billie Jo's new baby brother named?
5. What is eating the crops?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)