|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
(a) On her fifth birthday
(b) During summer vacation
(c) On Christmas
(d) On her tenth birthday
2. What event is held at the courthouse?
(a) Barbershop quartet show
(b) Ice cream social
(c) Political rally
(d) Art exhibit
3. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
4. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
(a) 8 bushels
(b) 17 bushels
(c) 13 bushels
(d) 3 bushels
5. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being in a room with a piano
(b) Being a teenager
(c) Living with her father
(d) Going to school
6. In what country are the Dionne Quintuplets born?
(d) United States
7. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
(a) A windmill
(c) Water tower
(d) A sprinkler system
8. Where does Daddy go to work?
(a) The phone company
(c) The power company
(d) The state government
9. What does Daddy say Mad Dog's real name is?
(c) He doesn't know
10. In what war did Billie Jo's father serve?
(a) World War II
(b) Korean War
(c) World War I
(d) Vietnam War
11. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) Not loving her enough
(b) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(c) Not buying her a new dress
(d) Abandoning her
12. What does Billie Jo call her father since Ma's death?
(a) Kerosene killer
(b) My father
(d) Daddy dearest
13. What flowers would grow on the graves of the war dead?
(a) White roses
(b) Red poppies
(c) Pink peonies
(d) Blue iris
14. The boy who stops at Billie Jo's house to work and eat is headed to __________________.
(b) Las Vegas
15. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
(a) Apple trees
(c) Washing dishes
(d) Doing laundry
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
2. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
3. Which of the following does not hurt Billie Jo's hands?
4. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
5. What is contained in the boxes that Billie Jo finds?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)