|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo wish she could buy at the store?
(d) Sheet music
2. How is Daddy going to get help with the farm?
(a) A government loan
(b) A new tractor
(c) A new partner
(d) Better seeds
3. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
(b) Mad Dog
(c) Billie Jo
4. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
5. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
(a) Her piano
6. What flowers would grow on the graves of the war dead?
(a) White roses
(b) Red poppies
(c) Pink peonies
(d) Blue iris
7. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
8. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
(d) New Mexico
9. In what war did Billie Jo's father serve?
(a) Korean War
(b) World War I
(c) Vietnam War
(d) World War II
10. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
(a) Nerve wracking
(d) A one time thing
11. In what year is Billie Jo born?
12. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) Pearl Harbor is attacked
(b) The stereo is invented
(c) Mount Kilauea erupts
(d) There is a pineapple pickers strike
13. What is contained in the boxes that Billie Jo finds?
(a) Mementoes of Billie Jo's life
(b) Cookie cutters
(c) Antique knives
(d) Travel brochures
14. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
(a) She asks for a priest
(b) She dies
(c) She calls out for her
(d) She goes into a coma
15. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
3. In what opera is Billie Jo's teacher going to sing?
4. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
5. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)