|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billie Jo mad at her mother?
(a) She will not make her a new dress
(b) She will not let her wear makeup
(c) She will not let her miss school to practice for a program
(d) She will not let her go to the movies
2. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
(b) She did extra homework
(c) She tutored a classmate
(d) She shares her textbooks
3. What do the neighbors talk about after Ma's funeral?
(a) How young Ma was
(b) How Ma was too good for Daddy
(c) How Billie Jo threw the bucket of kerosene
(d) How dirty the house is
4. Who does Billie Jo go on the road with to play piano?
(a) The Brice Family
(b) The Goodwin Gospel Group
(c) Mr. Romney
(d) Arley Wanderdale
5. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
6. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(c) Prairie grass
7. What does Billie Jo see sliding down her mother's skin?
8. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
9. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
(a) Serve refreshments
(b) Sew costumes
(c) Play piano
(d) Sell tickets
10. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
11. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
(a) Doesn't drink alcohol
(b) Doesn't swear
(c) Doesn't leer at her
(d) Doesn't stare at her hands
12. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(a) Eat anything he could
(c) Run the streets
(d) Rattle his chain
13. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
(a) How old he is
(b) Where he performs
(c) Where he lives
(d) How he got his name
14. Ma is burned so badly that she is _______________________.
15. What flowers would grow on the graves of the war dead?
(a) Blue iris
(b) Red poppies
(c) White roses
(d) Pink peonies
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
2. Which of the following does not hurt Billie Jo's hands?
3. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
4. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
5. What does Daddy think about Ma's idea to get water to the crops?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)