|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
(a) A bank loan
(b) An inheritance
(c) A drizzling rain
(d) A new car
2. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
(a) Washing dishes
(b) Doing laundry
(d) Apple trees
3. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) Not buying her a new dress
(b) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(c) Not loving her enough
(d) Abandoning her
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
5. How does dust get into the classroom?
(a) The cracks in the walls and the windows
(b) Through the mail slot
(c) The skylight
(d) Down the chimney
6. Arley thinks that Billie Jo can ___________________________.
(a) Learn to cook
(b) Be anything she wants to be
(c) Play piano again if she tries
(d) Go to college on a scholarship
7. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(b) The basketball coach
(c) The softball coach
8. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
(a) During summer vacation
(b) On her tenth birthday
(c) On her fifth birthday
(d) On Christmas
9. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
(a) A team player
10. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
11. What do the neighbors talk about after Ma's funeral?
(a) How Billie Jo threw the bucket of kerosene
(b) How young Ma was
(c) How Ma was too good for Daddy
(d) How dirty the house is
12. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
13. What does Daddy no longer tell Billie Jo?
(a) To put her hands to good use
(b) That she is beautiful
(c) That she can be anything she wants to be
(d) That he loves her
14. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
15. In what year is Billie Jo born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
2. How old will Billie Jo be when her mother has the new baby?
3. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
4. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
5. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)