|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
(d) Her piano
2. What do Mr. Noble and Mr. Romney do to take care of the pests?
(a) Have a rabbit-killing contest
(b) Put out poison
(c) Set traps
(d) Call the exterminator
3. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
(a) Doesn't drink alcohol
(b) Doesn't stare at her hands
(c) Doesn't swear
(d) Doesn't leer at her
4. Why is Billie Jo mad at her mother?
(a) She will not let her wear makeup
(b) She will not make her a new dress
(c) She will not let her go to the movies
(d) She will not let her miss school to practice for a program
5. Of what disease does Pete Guyton, the produce man, die?
(a) Dust Pneumonia
(c) Kidney failure
(d) Heart attack
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
2. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
3. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
4. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
5. Who does Billie Jo go on the road with to play piano?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)