|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Freeland explain to Billie Jo's class?
(a) The case for evolution
(b) The reasons for World War I
(c) How the drought happened
(d) The solar system
2. What does Joe De La Flor need to divest himself of?
(a) A beat up truck
(b) A bad debt
(c) A herd of cows
(d) An old car
3. Who begins to leave the area in large groups?
(b) Road workers
(c) Migrant workers
4. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(a) Eat anything he could
(b) Run the streets
(d) Rattle his chain
5. Billie Jo cannot forgive her father for _________________________.
(a) The pail of kerosene left by the stove
(b) Abandoning her
(c) Not buying her a new dress
(d) Not loving her enough
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found on the church steps?
2. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
3. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
4. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
5. What does Billie Jo wish she could buy at the store?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)