|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) Pearl Harbor is attacked
(b) Mount Kilauea erupts
(c) The stereo is invented
(d) There is a pineapple pickers strike
2. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
3. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
(a) A team player
4. How does dust get into the classroom?
(a) Down the chimney
(b) The skylight
(c) The cracks in the walls and the windows
(d) Through the mail slot
5. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Doesn't do anything to them
(b) Prunes them each summer
(c) Waters them despite the drought
(d) Fertilizes them every week
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo like to fall from the trees into her hair?
2. What is eating the crops?
3. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
4. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
5. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)