|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) There is a pineapple pickers strike
(b) The stereo is invented
(c) Pearl Harbor is attacked
(d) Mount Kilauea erupts
2. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
(b) Wet cloth
3. How many times does Billie Jo attend the event at the courthouse?
4. What happens when Billie Jo moves around in her bed?
(a) She falls to the floor
(b) The mattress shifts
(c) It sends up the dust
(d) The springs creak
5. What crop is dying and drying up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
2. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
3. Who used to encourage Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
4. What does the passenger take from Billie Jo when he leaves?
5. How does Billie Jo feel now about her mother's death?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)