|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daddy go to work?
(a) The state government
(c) The power company
(d) The phone company
2. How does Billie Jo test the difference between snow and dust?
(a) She mixes it with water
(b) She shovels the walk
(c) She makes a snowball
(d) She makes a snow angel
3. Why can the mail train not get through?
(a) It is held up
(b) The rails are broken
(c) The dust drifts the tracks like snow
(d) The engine fails
4. Who is James Kingsbury?
(a) The new Methodist minister
(b) Secretary of State
(c) A Congressman
(d) A Canadian photographer
5. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(a) Prairie grass
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government do to help the farmers?
2. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
3. Where is the talent contest held?
4. To what city is Mad Dog going?
5. What does Billie Jo call her father since Ma's death?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)