|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arley ask Billie Jo to do for Vera Wanderdale's dance revue?
(a) Sell tickets
(b) Play piano
(c) Sew costumes
(d) Serve refreshments
2. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) She shares her textbooks
(b) She did extra homework
(c) She tutored a classmate
(d) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
3. After the exhibit is over, Billie Jo is angry because ___________________________.
(a) None of her painting sold
(b) They didn't make enough money
(c) She is on the clean-up crew
(d) She can't see more art
4. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
(b) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
(c) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
(d) She sends details about her will
5. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(a) Eat anything he could
(c) Rattle his chain
(d) Run the streets
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
2. What does Billie Jo not want people to say about her?
3. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
4. What would Billie Jo like to see when she looks in the mirror?
5. What does Billie Jo place over her nose to prevent breathing in the dust while she's in bed?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)