|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(a) Rattle his chain
(b) Eat anything he could
(c) Run the streets
2. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
(c) Her piano
3. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Prunes them each summer
(b) Waters them despite the drought
(c) Doesn't do anything to them
(d) Fertilizes them every week
4. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
(a) She forgot the coffee
(b) She forgot the sugar
(c) She got four cents too much in change
(d) She forgot to get the mail
5. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) Because the team is full
(b) Because her hands are injured
(c) Because the school has cancelled the athletic program
(d) Because they're not taking girls on the team
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
3. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
4. After Mad Dog's performance, Billie Jo knows that he ________________________.
5. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)