|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billie Jo's new baby brother named?
2. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
(a) On her fifth birthday
(b) On Christmas
(c) During summer vacation
(d) On her tenth birthday
3. What is the content of the letter from Aunt Ellis?
(a) She sends details about her will
(b) She informs Daddy of a relative's death
(c) She invites Billie Jo and Daddy to come for a visit
(d) She wants Billie Jo to come live with her
4. What happens when Billie Jo throws the pail outside?
(a) It hits a neighbor kid
(b) It hits Ma and she is burned
(c) It breaks in two
(d) It breaks a window
5. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
(a) Hiring some help
(b) Digging a pond
(c) Buying a tractor
(d) Selling the farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
2. Mrs. Love, the government lady, takes applications for males to work ____________ jobs.
3. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
4. Where does Aunt Ellis live?
5. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)